After checking multiple sites, I have not found any feedback on Hamzei Analytics HFT Chat Room. I actually spent a month (early this year) but didn't get to use it due to conflicts with my day job. But I remember his style been very agressive in scalping both ES & NQ. I used to review the transcripts for the day and it was either flat or positive by a couple of points. But based on the fact that I didn't have any discipline in really keeping a tally, I cannot make a solid factual assessment on his service.
I'm actually puzzled by the fact that there is no thread on this. Any feedback would really help. BTW, I've never been into any other chat room..........so I don't have another reference point.
I do not know the services they are offering at Hamzei Analytics, but I have enough information to have a prejudice, not yet a real judgement. The picture is somehow mixed.
Book not recommended
I own his book "Master Traders". It is somewhere in the lowest third of my trading books. To continue with the suggested readings on his website: He recommends some classics, but there is no book that has been published during the last 10 years (except for new editions of old books).
High Frequency ?
If you click on "High Frequency Trading", they suggest you sending signals via Twitter. This is not High Frequency Trading.
Simple proprietary indicators
The proprietary indicators they sell, is all very simple stuff and only available for trade station. The indies on this forum are ways more sophisticated. I guess that I can code most of the Hamzei indicators in a few hours, and I am not an expert.
Returns of proprietary systems they offer not disclosed
They are offering 3 proprietary systems to trade. I could not find any results of their trading systems shown on their website. They were not listed with Collective 2 either.
Second Website Hamzei Analytics Financial Network
This is sort of a blog, but not easy to find any contributions. There is a number of charts from this year, see below, and again, I am not impressed.
Focus on Options
They also focus on options, I have no idea whether they use any advanced or profitable strategies. They do offer a lot of general education and entertainment, but there is nothing tangible!
Attachment: Some charts they have published on their website.
The following 3 users say Thank You to Fat Tails for this post:
I did a trial of his site and his blog/Twitter room calls. He is very open about what he sees and makes calls very quickly but it is primarily a trade calling room. He doesn't usually share WHY he makes a call but just tells you he's going long. He has TONS of indicators and a certain way of viewing the market but I didn't see a way to ever learn it or replicate it.
On the plus side, his calls were quite good and were making money the days I watched him. Hope this helps. ST
The following user says Thank You to SunTzuTrader for this post:
2. Fari posts his trade both on the chat room and twitter. During fast times it is chat room only; he is developing a system where trades will be posted in both real-time using a single interface.
3. Fari is primarily an order flow trader on ES. He is active in trying out new techniques and algorithms and he uses that information to help him trade. Some of extra stuff is available in his Gold/Platinum packages (separate from HFT).
4. Fari also tries to analyze the action in cash (individual stocks) to get a sense of what is happening. He focuses on a basket of high beta stocks. For this service Fari wants to knows that you are sophisticated/educated enough to make something out of it since it requires some training and also costs extra. He will sometime say that he is taking a trade because of what he is seeing in that basket. He does not discuss anything more about it in the main room.
5. He has a Dollar Weighted Put-Call calculator which looks at the actual dollars being committed than just the number of contracts. I have found that often this indicator gives great signals of upcoming action on individual stocks. This is part of the Gold package (in addition to HFT) but he often shares the information on HFT.
6. Trading Style: He trades in and out all the time. He will start with a position, take some off, then add some more on a pullback and then take some more of on a burst. He is not afraid to press if the trend really takes off. If the position is going against him, he will sometime hedge it with NQ. Once the trend resumes he will take off the hedge. That his way of coping with unrealized losses. On an average he is positive at the end of the day at least 4 out of 5 times. He does best on trending days and acknowledges when he is not doing well.
It is not easy for me to trade with him since his style is not something I can work with. However, I have learned clues from him and applied them to my own trading. The biggest of course was the idea of order flow and figuring out how markets actually work.
7. The BIGGEST reason I am in the room is that there are a lot of other traders who share their thoughts, news, articles and trades. It breaks the boredom of trading alone and the people there are real traders who trade for a living and also manage other people's money.
One of the moderators is an Always-In TF trader who gets between 10-20 points a day on TF. Her last negative day was about 10 months ago. I wish I could trade like her.
Another moderator runs a FX fund and posts FX related trades.
There are market profile traders, traders who trade grains, traders from Greece, Holland, Switzerland etc who give a color on what is happening in their markets.
8. Fari also posts option swing trades a few times a month. Some are contributed by another moderator. Most of them (75%) work out; many of them are combo trades (spreads).
9. Fari also does webinars covering some of his views like analogs, market breadth/volume oscillators etc. to get a general sense of where the market is.
10. Like all vendors, Fari is in the business of making money by selling services. He has written comments about many of his indicators so they are not hard to reverse-engineer. But you may not get all the way there. He has a loyal following among the professionals and I doubt, many, if any, are interested in reverse-engineering them.
HFT gives you a great window into what he has to offer. To me the money spent is worth every penny. YMMV.
Last edited by aviat72; August 14th, 2010 at 01:24 AM.
The following 4 users say Thank You to aviat72 for this post: