i took there 5000.00 classes when i started trading 7 years ago... you get may be 100.00 worth of education..they will also start you off on trade station... you will not like there brokerage arm.... platform good ... broker bad ...all that platform emershion time will be a total waste ..there advanced xlt program for 10,000 is not much better ... i missed that bullet but some of my class mates did not. ask for help for good educators on this forum.. or watch all the webnars... giving them your money is like flushing down the tolet. it was for me anyway
The following 4 users say Thank You to forgiven for this post:
I just attended the "Market Timing" three day class given by the Online Trading Academy 8 and 9 November 2014. I skipped day one 7 November 2014 because it was Friday and I figured mother market is a better teacher, plus I didn't really want to attend at all as a friend wanted me to go to the class with him and his son and had paid for it. In some ways I had hoped they wouldn't like it so I didn't have to go Saturday and Sunday. From the start though I committed to only attending Saturday and Sunday.
I am attaching a copy of my brochure of the course brief that I was able to chase down. Going to do this like an Amazon review.
* Breakfast and Lunch were served daily.
* You really learn a lot about Online Trading Academy and some of their methodologies.
* It was FREE as my friend paid for it.
* Gave me time to finish my Trend Trading for Dummies Book while I sat in back of the room trying not to cause waves.
* Definitely eye opener as to the error of holding corporate mutual funds, but I still don't know if I will be shedding mine in the near future.
* You also get a great big spiral bound book with both the Market Timing material and some information on upper level classes all the way up to Mastery.
* Issue of true Market Timing was skirted over at best.
* Whole three days was mostly a high pressured sales presentation with life insurance tactics applied.
* Homework that was given was simply used as fuel for the fire of the sales presentation under the guise of we want to see where you are at in your trading by filing out an Income and Wealth Planner. (Believe me there was no planning done for wealth.)
* Could not give a definitive answer as to exactly how many hours on site and how many hours watching canned videos would be required for each course. (This is something that could be put on a spread sheet so a busy employed student could figure our what his obligation outside of financial is.)
* Oh financial obligation, if you paid during the course for the entire Mastery program it was a total of $50,000
Some quick math with the number of people in the room was about 17,000 they would make if not one person signed up as they charged for this three day infomercial, oh and if they did sign up everyone in the room they would make between $1,000,000.00 and 1,200,000.00. Not bad for three days work. (Two can attend for the price of one, I already adjusted for couples in the class.)
Plenty of people signed up. The carrot was put out there. I passed as I don't want trade in a trading room or switch broker or platforms at this stage in my trading development, plus for 50K I think I could get much more bang for my $$$ elsewhere.
Speaking of information and training elsewhere @suko @tturner86 the YouTube Links given in this thread no longer work. Did you make copies, or do you have any other links?