You bring out some good points but primarily from the execution side.
- I imagine getting filled with 100 cars/order should not be a problem on ES as long as the size is there and its there 99% of the time from what I've seen but I have no experience trading that size. From what I've seen and I have not watched any of the videos is that he enters in 50lots/entries, often 25 which should never have a problem getting fills on ES.
- I wouldn't read too far into his music and depth of conversation because we often still listen to the same music we liked since we were teenagers.. This means, if you liked Metallica when you were 16, odds are good that you will still like it at 60. Often pit traders are some of the best traders but they are not known for their gentrification and their conversations probably sound similar so that doesn't tell much.
- It is odd that he is so casual on his large lots often walking away from his trades to float in the wind but how often do locals on squawk box ride their losses so that doesn't mean its fake..
- It is also possible that he altered the color on his DOM though I'm not an expert on computers and coding
- Probably my biggest suspicion is that I sometimes notice a slight delay in his execution from my perception on his stop/limit orders which is more characteristic of sim than real.. Real execution gets hit as soon as bid/ask "touches" the order so that part I do pay attention to.
- It is also odd that he's not using better charting but often we don't like the learning curve of new platforms and stay with what works.. Since he only watches his candles and nothing else, it may not be an issue to him as his dom reflects current price and TOS gives him levels to the left..
His conversations are sometimes broadcasted live and he sounds to be around late 30's to mid forties.. I would have guessed the accent from East Coast..
PB's comment about his 100 lot sitting bid orders with no iceberg not reflected in the size does require an explanation or it is 100% sim. The same goes for MFG not offering NT but there may be an explanation..
Last edited by Jedi; January 22nd, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
The following 2 users say Thank You to Jedi for this post:
The one on the left is the live dom and the one on the right is Lakai's color, hence Lakai's DOM is sim correct? That in combination with PB's comments about his orders w/o iceberg not reflected on size and MFG does not offer Ninja and sometimes seeing slight delays on his stp/lmt orders makes it a bit suspicious... but still............................................YOU'RE ALL ABSOLUTELY CORRECT..HA
Help me out here, so just the background color can't be changed? The gray from white is the difference, is that correct?
I haven't been live for sometime with NT, but I do have an account and just don't want to turn on my trading computer to understand the difference...
I guess, which is SIM and which is live? Guessing that SIM is one on right as it has your account on the top left and I haven't used DOM in over a year....
The following user says Thank You to bluemele for this post:
But you can change the sim color easily to make it look just like live.
And as mentioned before, even if it was live, it makes no difference. Another account could be hedging, or he could just show winning days or trades in his videos. All of the focus on whether it is real or not is worthless. Does it help you be a better trade? Yes/No. If yes, learn from it. If no, move on.
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
The following 3 users say Thank You to Big Mike for this post:
Broker/Data: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Favorite Futures: CL, NG
Posts: 1,040 since Jul 2010
Thanks: 1,713 given,
Thanks! Yes, there is absolutely no problem getting filled on a 100 lot order in ES. It's the execution amounts that drew the red flag (in addition to his order not showing in the order numbers on the DOM). You can definitely get your 100 lot filled at the price you've entered at but it may not always be an immediate fill. For example, you may get 57 filled and then 20 and then 23 or some sort of odd lot fill (numbers are just an example of course).
Like I said before, don't be fooled by the high speed/flashing lights. I've been trading for a long time and know when I see a duck. Don't waste your time with people like this. There's clearly a different motive for this guy whether it be he just needs some attention and he's trying to create an image or there's a vendor motive behind it all. You don't trade size like this while buying Hermes handkerchiefs or walking away from your computer with a 100 lot position on to only come back from a nap... Let's wake up and smell the coffee here...
The following 5 users say Thank You to Private Banker for this post:
Thanks for the enlightenment. I was just curious as hardly anyone ever shows live trades executing on their DOM online or in a playback video. "live" trading rooms and vendor/coaching sites never do. Now I see clearly lakai has a disclaimer on his website live stream.. It's perplexing why he would spend all this time and effort with this sim display.
The following user says Thank You to Cloudy for this post:
My broker who also trades live with a Ninja DOM saw the DOM and said that the background color is consistent with a live DOM, which should be light grey-white, not bleach white in color.. If the DOM colors has been altered, they have certainly done a remarkable job..
Perhaps we can see something in time and sales to reflect his orders but sometimes its broken up to fill smaller orders. The size should also reflect his sitting orders but 99.9% of the time ES has enough size to cover over Lakai's size. I have not been able to witness otherwise personally..
I have to say that for the few weeks that I've seen him trade, he has been trading remarkably well overall and his method is the simplest I've seen and its clearly working..
Some ask why is he doing this? One explanation is its fun to be watched when you're performing something well especially when its something most don't believe can be done. How many of you played sports and enjoyed an audience? Often its the same with trading...
This doesn't negate the other comments that are clearly valid and he may well be trading sim.. but if he can maintain his performance with such a simple method of only price bars and time frames, its impressive even for sim..
Last edited by Jedi; January 23rd, 2012 at 11:44 PM.