I usually dont keep a journal that would be public, but i wanted to elicit feedback from others on my journey to attempt to find an auto system that I could use on one of my accounts since I cant trade all my accounts at once.
I am a big fan of the atrader charting package, and I have also used the shark component. Lately, the developer has made some additional improvements that lead me to evaluate it once more, given the signals were being automated. Personally, I see the system as better value and accuracy than EOTPRO or even BWT which I know has lots of fans. on this forum as well.
Before I begin, I should make it clear to all:
0) Please keep in mind that I am merely documenting my journey,
1) I am not interested on hearing why an automated system does not work etc. I believe algo trading can work and will work, it is a matter of finding or developing the right one.
2) eminishark is a blackbox system, dont ask me about how the arrows are being generated as I have no idea.
3) This is being tested only on IBKR, and I will only test it real time on the IBKR demo account.
4) I will test initially with minute bars, and across multiple markets regardless of how correlated they might be. It is a test, not trying to optimize anything.
5) I will test as much as I can within 30 days, and share my results to save those who might of came across the system some testing time. If you have specific markets that you would like to see tested, let me know as I have all markets on my IBKR account.
I will post the P&L at the end of each day as time permits, and I will also post the charts with some of the signals. I will include as well a matching chart for what I would have traded assuming I would have made a similar call; that is how I am verifying the system is not just going to break my account as it does counter trades.
The following 5 users say Thank You to sysot1t for this post:
Assuming the system can auto trade those markets successfully, I plan to also test over the next 30 days a few Eurex instruments, other currency futures, lumber, cattle, hogs, etc.. basically, I will try to hit anything that moves with enough volume where I can test with my account.
The advantage of an auto system is that it never gets tired and does not need to sleep, so the idea is that it would go 24x7.
If anyone else has any additional ideas for markets that one could trade that are normally not tracked, let me know.. I want to test something I dont know as well to see how it performs.. rather simple.
by 10AM EST my bias was short on the markets... so I would have focused on shorting opportunities off S/R areas... I follow the S/R principles from the logical trader, which I augment with MarketProfile and Tape reading to see if the S/R really is holding or not. I am attaching the chart for what I trade off daily.
I tested the system today on demo account for the first time. I started with the market open at 9:30AM EST, and ended at 4:15PM EST. I dont trade US markets outside that our at all, that is just my rule.
The P&L first climbed to $1K at around 1PM EST. I was tempted to jump in and close all the trades and turn auto trading off, but that would have violated my rules of letting it trade the whole day and making no changes to the setup. I had the same feelings when it first reached $2.5K, and then when it reached $4K; but I left it as it was, to do its thing.
I was temped to mirror the CL winners on my live account, but I decided against it
so first day of testing, NET +$3083... the MAE was about $800 and MFE $4K..
The following user says Thank You to sysot1t for this post:
the following are the charts for the instruments I was testing today. I will be testing the same for the remainder of the week.
This post took me close to an hour to create in between capturing the images, cutting them, etc... I will be primarily posting the P&L going forward and post charts whenever I do a new set of instruments... I didnt think it would take this much time..
The following 3 users say Thank You to sysot1t for this post: