Erorr Message when click the attachement. I am an elite member. but:
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Elite Membership May Be Required For This Action - Some threads and posts are only available to Elite Members . If you followed a link from a post, it is likely pointing to an Elite-only forum or an Elite-only download, and you are not yet an Elite Member so cannot access it.
Just some of the advantages of becoming an Elite Member:
- Show your support, your name will be highlighted in yellow
- Access to all Elite threads and posts
- Access to exclusive Elite downloads (indicators)
- Access to exclusive webinars and training material
- Enhanced Private Message capabilities including attachments
- Enhanced Search capabilities including global attachment searching
- Disable advertisements on the site if you desire
Only the first line of the error message was relevant, as it said -- invalid attachment ID.
Just re-upload your attachment. It happens sometimes, maybe 1 out of 1,000 times an attachment is posted.
The rest of the message about Elite Membership is because 99% of the time when someone gets a error message it is because they tried to access an elite thread but weren't an elite member.
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
The following 2 users say Thank You to Big Mike for this post:
Brutal day! Six trades, six losses. About $1,700 virtual money down the tubes. If I were trading live, this would be considered a good day. I lost a bit more than everything I made yesterday but I'm still up $1,000 for the week. Fortunately, I had to leave the computer to go for physical therapy. Sweet, because nothing short of walking outside could pull me away.
(1) I was "consciously incompetent". Clearly, I was aware that none of the trades I took were setups. But I missed the initial setups and was too impatient to wait for a real setup instead of an imagined setup re-emerge.. I tip my hat to anyone who can take one or two trades and sit on their hands watching the market the rest of the day. Deep down inside, I felt it was a losing day before it even started. I had something on my mind and couldn't shake it. What kind of rule can I make up that doesn't demand or expect that I trade every day. But then the other side of me kept saying, "it's not real money -- keep practicing." There's a cast of characters in my head saying different things. Clearly I am a "No Rules" trader like monpere illuminated. I guess my rules aren't clear to me. But I really want to be a Rules Trader. I don't want to trade from the hip without rules. Sheesh. I'm looking up at the heading here and am reminded I'm writing about the "positives" of my day. Let me not digress. The point is, I may not follow my rules and I'm aware that that the trades I took were not setups. The 8 SMA wasn't above the 21, I don't think in any trade I took. It was close but no cigar. Every time I try to front run the indicators I lose out.
(4) I did not move my stops. Well, actually, once when I moved my stop, I quickly moved it back to where it should be. LOL. Yes, I'm still pulling that crap but resisted against all desire, and I say here, it was HARD to do.
(4) New Rule: as if I follow my old rules - Three consecutive losing trades and I'm out. I mean that. But how can I believe myself if I don't follow other rules.
(5) I'm going to improve slowly. This is part of the process. I could keep trading on a Sim for a year. It's less expensive to support myself from savings than lose more money trading live everyday.
Last edited by plethora; March 2nd, 2011 at 08:16 PM.
The following 4 users say Thank You to plethora for this post:
Haha. That rule is music to my ears. But may I ask you one question, thatguy? Is there any point at which I stop trading after a specific number of losses? Or do I forget that rule too and just do my best?
All you need is a set of rules--with or without indicators--and your strategy can be automated. It's crucial to work with a coder who understands what you need and can communicate with you (PM me for referrals) in your native language to keep development expense reasonable.
Trade with confidence and without psychological mumbo jumbo or stress. Go automated!
The following user says Thank You to Tundi for this post: