1. -9 ticks, Well, how does a 4 tick boundary move to -9 ticks! When you get a HUGE move on the opening like we did. I haven't seen something like that in the last year and ahalf.
2. -1 ticks, I could have chosen to remove myself from this and just watch it till the market calms down. It was moving very quickly and my charts were saying shorts were in order. I didn't have the confidence to stay in this trade as I saw a long coming.
3. +17 ticks, this was an area and it was looking juicy for a long, but I scaled too early as there was more left in it. The longer terms were saying down, so I just decided to exit and look for short.
4. NO FILL, this looks nice! Market was very bullish and it wanted a higher price!
5. -4 ticks, Outside Keltner, nice separation, good looking direction. Just knocked me out as I had a 3 tick boundary but filled me at -4. Had I kept my 5 tick boundary, I would have been in this trade.
6. NO FILL, I was busy marking up my charts, BAD HABIT! I will stop doing that and that is an issue that I will overcome.
7. NO FILL, this looks like a nice retracement as well, but I delayed and it cost me.
8. +0 ticks, OK, this was an interesting one. I let it drop, and it ranged for several minutes just below my entry. Considering how strong the market has been and how quickly it moved up, I figured that I would play it safe and put my boundary RIGHT AT THE 50% FIB. By the tick it knocked me out for what was a 2.5 point run. If you look at the circles after that BE hit, then those are entries I considered for getting back in, but I wasn't confident in shorts.
Market went down, then quickly back up higher then the top pivot and looks to be headed short. Oil(CL) is up quite a bit and it seems that the FOMC news yesterday was everything investors wanted to hear.
Fundamentally, I am perplexed as to why the market is going up up up. I guess they are liking the weak dollar and the effort to keep mortgages low and liquidity high.
Even though I was +1 tick and not up 3+ points, my trading was much better today then it has been in the last couple weeks. The last BE trade was a mistake, but I am OK with it and comfortable with stop trading for the day.
The following 3 users say Thank You to bluemele for this post:
1,2,3: -2, +1, +13, Good area, hit pivot then rode it to 1.3 points as the longer term MACD's were looking darn confusing to me as they kept reversing and creating separation, then back again, then back again...
4,5,6,7: -1, -2, -2, -1, First trade looked good, but if it wasn't here, it was at the 76 or 100% retrace. I lacked confidence on my last trade of this set. It was a nice few points down, but again, the MACD's kept changing their look very quickly.
8,9,10: -5, -4, NO FILL, This was actually probably the best area to hit for the day had I gotten filled. It didn't waste anytime retracing so I had no chance to fill.
11,12,13: -5, +1, -4, I should not have been looking short. This was saying long from the 4181, so not wise on my part. I could have exited the last trade for BE for the day, but instead I held it and it popped past my stop for a couple of extra ticks.
Not a great day as I was short/long/short/long, wow...
I was seeing the pivots, but boy the long term was unclear until after I stopped trading due to my limit for the day being hit.
its kind of simple so there is no instruction, for tf try scale = 1. To drag the chart down, hold down crtl key, position your cursor in middle of a chart hold down mouse key and drag it down, it might look like nothing happen to the chart but if you stretch/squeeze the chart afterward it will move down, reverse to move up.