rules are simple:
1. trading conditions ( or filter)
trend is established which I check by BBS indicator. in this case green bars
2. trading signal
trend failure ( or retracement to EMA(8)) and first bar in the direction of the trend
today psychology was working against me. for some reason I manually moved trailing stop. Normally I move it based on extreme TICK readings more then + - 1000. If I followed trailing stop built into the strategy or my normal trailing of EMA(21) profit would be much much more significant.
Today we are having ZN "cash day" with long trend, and it is pity that I get out of the trend too fast
The following user says Thank You to record100 for this post:
1. what I liked
technically followed set-up
2. don't like
- trade happened in the first half hour, I don't think I have hardware platform good enough to work on fast moving market
- did no perform overall market analysis, with the attempt to predict overall major trend
automatic strategy is working on time bars, I did not check it with volume bars and range bars, though if you apply it to the chart it looks mostly OK, the only deficiency (may be NT) trade could be placed visually outside of the bar (did not investigate it).
I did not test automatic strategy on ZN contract, we had discussion on converting it to doubles, etc.
I liked Mike suggestion about 1597 volume bars (interesting where this number is coming) from ) so I am using it foe manual trades
Small box trade
- did not have the nerve to maintain original stop. Moved it manually, and now it goes into direction of the trade (trade could be much profitable) !
- did not follow trading plan, I don't do Box play ! went to have coffee and left set-up
Positive: Entered the trade on the signal and left for the breakfast
Negative: for the runner would exit on EMA(21) normally, strategy exited a bit late, no TICK on Zen Fire, that would help to move trailing stop