The trick that I started to use, since I often have (ahem) long posts, is to type up and proofread the entire post, without images, just leaving space for them, and then uploading them once I am happy about the text and am ready to post it all. This stopped it from happening for me.
The following user says Thank You to bobwest for this post:
Since Yellen speaks tonight, I donít expect major movements.
Today is likely going to be a low volume, low volatility range day.
Iím expecting price to be trading between 2099 on the downside and 2012 (R2) on the upside.
I will be looking for fades from the extremes.
This will also be my first day trading 2 contracts.
The following 4 users say Thank You to GruttePier for this post:
- Overnight made higher highs+lows and got above Fridayís range.
- After the opening, price made a higher low and then moved up towards the weekly R1. Itís chopping there for an hour how
- Not sure what price is going to do. TICK has a couple of +600 prints, but and no prints below -500. This might indicate that itís more likely for price to go up than down. TSI(VIX) is neutral and chopping insignificantly around the 0
- Price is making a now HOD with 3 ticks (wow, better buckle up ), a TICK divergence is showing up. Iím not taking this short since there are too many signficant price levels in the next 3 points down preventing a nice move down (weekly R1, Fridayís high, VWAP and R1)
- Price does move through the price levels though and is at VWAP. First -600 TICK print today. Tempting to take a long, but VWAP is too close to HOD. Not forcing any trades.
- Price retraces to overnight high and seems to find support, taking a long (trade 1)
- I realize that Yellen is speaking when I get stopped out. Stupid ET/CET/am/pm error, ofcourse Yellen does not speak at night
- The day is pretty much done. Price seems to be grinding towards R2 or perhaps ADR high. Iím done for today
Trade 1: -2.25 points
- Pullback to support level (overnight high)
- TSI(VIX) is getting stronger while price is getting weaker
- Long 1 contract, risk 3 points, profit target at HOD
- Stopped out
- Hindsight: If I knew Yellen was speaking, I would not have taken this trade (donít trade around news). Unnecessary loss
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).
Last edited by GruttePier; June 6th, 2016 at 03:38 PM.
The following 3 users say Thank You to GruttePier for this post:
There's this other site which also provides an audio feed. It's free, hence it has a 5-mins delay on the news. However, for important news and events they usually pre-announce 10 minutes before (which in a delayed fashion equates to 5-minutes before).
I'm expecting that price will be testing new highs today, so Iíll be primarily looking for longs.
On the downside, price might test the 2106/07 level which is good because that is where I will enter to try my new 2 contract trading.
First trading session with Squawk
The following 2 users say Thank You to GruttePier for this post: