I've been asked to give a webinair , given the interest in my journal.
I feel flattered and am happy to do so .
The webinar is scheduled for June 21st.
I'll talk a little about my personal situation, ofcourse my method, where I stand in my trading and my trading that day. If anyone wants me to talk about a specific aspect, please let me know with a pm or reply in this journal.
Appreciate the input!
Last edited by GruttePier; May 23rd, 2016 at 03:55 PM.
The following 11 users say Thank You to GruttePier for this post:
- Overnight made a lower low, then moved up in a nearly straight line
- A little chop just before the opening, then again a straight, but little choppy line up
- Price seems makes a small pullback towards IB high and TICK + (TSI)VIX remain strong: taking a long (trade #1). Price is choppy and several (synthetic) price levels come together: IB high, +1SD and a SR level on the 30 min (forgot to mention this level in the prep). Hopefully this will provide enough support to continue the move up
- Looking closely at the move up today, it went very choppy. Each bar has an overlapping predecessor and successor. Good to keep this in mind and not get myself freaked out by each drop in price
- Price makes a new HOD by 1 tick, then pullsback to 1SD. TICK is making first significant down prints today. Price makes another attempt to make a new high, but makes a double top on low TICK (+400). Clear TICK and TSI(VIX) divergence are showing now, I scratch the trade
- Fuck, price does indeed move higher. Dinner
- Return from dinner to find that price has made 2 higher highs and is making a lower low after it hit the ADR high (1 tick lower actually)
- There is not much going on
I started trading too late today (job obligations), missing the opportunity of the day.
The day was over after 1 hour RTH basically.
Trade 1: 0 points
- Pullback (small) towards IB high in uptrend
- TICK and TSI(VIX) are strong (printing above 0)
- Long, risk 3 points, profit target 2075 (just above ADR high)
- Hindsight: Price moved 4 pts higher after my scratch
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).
The following 2 users say Thank You to GruttePier for this post:
Looking forward to this webinar very much. I'm in the process of setting up my journal and would love to hear more about how you use yours, what you feel is valuable, what you feel is unnecessary, etc. I should have my journal up and running in the next week or so and with the success you've had with yours I'm sure there would be a lot of value in hearing your thoughts on the virtues of keeping a public journal.
Thanks for doing this!
The following 3 users say Thank You to MWG86 for this post:
- Japan, up 1.5%
- China, up 2.7%
- Europe, up 0.6 – 1.5%
- Oil, 1.5%
- Gold, down 0.8%
- Bonds, neutral
Overall sentiment is positive.
No news expected today
Important price levels
- 2094.75. SR level on the daily + R2 on the weekly
- 2076.50. SR level on the 30 min + yesterday’s close
Overnight made 2 higher highs.
Upon the opening, price started grinding up steadily, similar
I'm expecting a similar day like yesterday with price grinding up.
On the downside, I expect support at the 2076.50 level (yesterday’s close, SR level on the 30 min).
On the upside, I expect price to test the 2094.75 level, perhaps going towards the R3 / ADR high.
I will be looking for longs and taking entries on pullbacks.
Price moves steadily up, so it might be better to just get aboard on small pullbacks instead of waiting for large pullbacks to important price levels.
The following user says Thank You to GruttePier for this post:
Thank you for your input!
I will get back on this and share my experience and thoughts on journalling.
Ahead of the webinar, I can encourage you to start your journal.
The more you share, the easier it is for others to understand your thought process and give feedback. For example, if you would like feedback on your trading method you should share more than just a list of executed trades. Also, how do you cope with feedback? Implement it, argue it, etc...
What I noticed but did not realize upfront, is that exposing your trades forces you to stick to your plan and intended changes.
I'm sure you know all this already. Good luck with your journal, I'll be looking forward to it!
The following 3 users say Thank You to GruttePier for this post:
I am looking forward to listen to your webinar also. First because I like your journal (even if I don't touch at ES) and secondly because I have to do the same exercise after you and I have no idea how to do that I am sure you will do great.
Good luck and good trading.
A famous French poet of the beginning of the 18th century has wrote that (I won't translate it because I am not capable but when I read your market comments they made me think about that - in the good way of course).
Avant donc que d'écrire, apprenez à penser.
Selon que notre idée est plus ou moins obscure,
L'expression la suit, ou moins nette, ou plus pure.
Ce que l'on conçoit bien s'énonce clairement,
Et les mots pour le dire arrivent aisément.
Hâtez-vous lentement, et sans perdre courage,
Vingt fois sur le métier remettez votre ouvrage,
Polissez-le sans cesse, et le repolissez,
Ajoutez quelquefois, et souvent effacez.
Un sot trouve toujours un plus sot qui l'admire.
Il n'est point de serpent ni de monstre odieux,
Qui par l'art imité ne puisse plaire aux yeux,
D'un pinceau délicat l'artifice agréable
Du plus affreux objet fait un objet aimable.
Qu'en un lieu, qu'en un jour, un seul fait accompli
Tienne jusqu'à la fin le théâtre rempli.
Soyez plutôt maçon, si c'est votre talent.
Ce qu'on ne doit point voir, qu'un récit nous l'expose :
Les yeux en le voyant saisiront mieux la chose ;
Mais il est des objets que l'art judicieux
Doit offrir à l'oreille et reculer des yeux.
R.I.P. Olivier Terrier (aka "Okina"), 1969-2016.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Last edited by Okina; May 25th, 2016 at 11:37 AM.
The following 2 users say Thank You to Okina for this post: