Payrolls has lifted bund futures up to 154.5, therefore I took a loss from 155C and sold 2x155.5 instead. This could turn to be a mistake since they are very close to the bund futures, but im counting on theta, since theres only 10days left to expiry.
I read that many traders are not trading options which are this close to expiry, but I want to find out by myself whether this kind of risk suits me.
Today I decided to split portfolio scenario into two parts. First with sep options and second with the rest. I have to admin that its quite challanging to trade it(sep). Delta is quite high and price of options is changing very rapidly.
So after today Sep position is little bullish, but with looming problem laying in 155.5 shorts. I have more of 156, but still it would be better to take profit from pure calls in case of significant upward move of underlying.
Theres a gap in bund at 154-154.15, I am hoping that market is gonna close it soon.
Anyway, bigger problem is with rest of the position. Without Sep longs, theres a risk of significant drawdown, @154.9 delta is almost 1,3. November calls 157 and 157.5 doubled in process. Im thinking about moving at least part of that position further otm plus adding additional written puts.
Definitely the worst day since I started writing this journal. Bund opened witha a large gap and started moving higher quickly.
Most of my written calls, doubled in price so I decided to take a loss and open position 2-3 strikes higher(more of them).
Also i opened more longs than shorts so if bund cointinue to move higher it will be easier and less costly to defend.
From good things I am happy that I made tough decision and despite large loss(2k in 2 days) I dont feel bad. Theres large profit potential in current position and its quite secure.
I decided that all spreads which I am gonna open in the future will have more longs than shorts ie: 4*-153P/5*P152.
In short: a lot of trades today, closed all OCT calls, and moved them higher, same with NOV calls.
The day was calm until the fomc minutes when bund shoot up to monthly highs.
Unfortunately I have big drawdown today, the only explanation is probably bad risk model in IB trading station. Many times PL movement was difficult to explain, now it seems obvious. Im in the process of ordering OptionVue to avoid such situation in the future.
Today big mistake was definately not closing 155.5C, also i think that its better to have position like +1x155C/-2x156c.
Perhaps someone can give me advice on this matter?