Rollie here and this is my trading journal. I have some goals that I would like to accomplish by the end of December 2015. Being to this world there is a lot for me to learn and I am willing to learn and take critimis that will increase my knowledge. Eventually, I hope that my knowledge base increases as well so I can help others in their journey.
Anyways, here are my goals:
1) Learn how to place orders using charttrader in NT
2) Learn how to create a chart, learn about superdom, data series, types of market to trade, different instruments,
3) Create ATM strategy in NT
4) Learn about sell limit/stop and buy limit/stop
5) Experiment with indicators in NT
6) Learn about Technical trading.
7) Explore reversal patterns
8)Build up risk capital
9) Develop trading style and psychology
10) Test strategy using simulation
11) Start trading live
Some of these may sound vague but then again I'm still pretty new at this so any suggestions are greatly appreciated
So far these are my goals to complete by the end of December 2015.
Well, here I go..
The following user says Thank You to Rollie23 for this post:
I'll give you some simple advice, try trading without indicators, I think they confuse novice traders more than they help. Pay attention to larger timeframes, don't get all caught up trying to figure out minute charts, from what I understand, institutions don't care about minute charts, and neither should you. Try to understand how volume works if you are trading futures. Start with 1 product that has acceptable volatility and stick with it, don't jump around. Test and verify anything you read, don't just take anything someone tells you at face value, there is a lot of junk out there, if you can't prove it to yourself, keep questioning it until you can. Get exposure to live trading, paper trading has its limits, you need to learn how to lose money and all the feelings that are associated with that. That's all I've got for now, good luck.
The following user says Thank You to dstrunin for this post: