Decided to buy 100 shares of WPRT just to test out an idea I'm playing with. I don't expect it to work out too well and that's why I decided to buy it as shares instead of options contracts. Not to mention that there isn't a lot of activity with it and as such, I feel it would be harder to buy/sell contracts with it. Will have to see how it goes.
Sold all my BBRY call options and bought 5 put contracts. Strike price is $11 and expiry date is April 17th. Going to see if I can get some call options for TD as well. 5 contracts with strike at $47.50 and expiry date set to April as well.
Made a rather large change since the market doesn't seem so bullish anymore. I've sold all my call options now (some at a profit) and have bought puts of the following:
AAPL (5 contracts, strike price of $106 set to expire Jan 17 2015)
BNS (5 contracts, strike price of $55 set to expire Mar 20 2015)
TD (2 contracts, strike price of $45 set to expire Mar 20 2015)
The BBRY put contracts, I bought 5 with strike price of $11 set to expire Apr 17 2015.
I feel that I'm making progress in reading the chart as I'm starting to lose a lot less than before and am also seeing bigger gains. Still an overall loss so far but I think I can get back up there to where I was.
5 BBRY put contracts with $11 strike price and expiry date of Apr 15, 2015 for profit of 40%
5 BNS put contracts with $55 strike price and expiry date of Mar 20, 2015 for profit of 233%
5 CM put contracts with $75 strike price and expiry date of Mar 20, 2015
Should I add more details to my journal?
And I'm starting to feel glad about not having given up on trading even after taking the losses I've taken. Things are starting to fall in place. This journal is doing wonders for when I need to sit out and watch so I'm ready for the better moves.
I have one regret so far: I wish I had been paying attention to the banks in the US as well instead of only focusing on the Canadian banks. To make some amends (and because the trend still seems to be down for my time frame), I decided to buy 1 put contract in C (Citygroup) with strike price of $47 and expiry date of Mar 20, 2015.
Oh well, no need to dwell too much on the past. I've still managed to start gaining now.
I sold my puts in AAPL due to me misreading the signal. Might have been a good thing since it allowed me to put into practice actually following my signals. Not to mention it's trading near its support level (even if a loose one).
Sold off my 10 BBRY puts at a 20% profit. It's encountering a lot of support around the $10 mark and had spiked above it's 7 day EMA. As such, that's a signal to be on the other side or wait if I want to be more cautious.
Sold off the single put contract in C for a 33% loss. It doesn't seem to be going further down and I'd rather have the money elsewhere.
Decided to follow the buy signal on BBRY and bought 20 call contracts with a strike price of $10 set to expire on Apr 17, 2015.
Thought about taking my profits in TD and maybe CM but they haven't changed direction yet so I decided to leave things as is with the rest.
I noticed a buy signal coming from the top US banks. I decided to buy 12 calls in BAC with strike price of $16 and expiry date of Apr 17, 2015.
Sold my 2 TD puts for about 115%ish profit.
On a site note, I think I need to stop reading the news articles. So much bias and misinformation flowing in those articles that make me wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Bad idea since these signals I've been following have been making me profit.
Update: Sold my 20 BBRY call contracts for about 40% profit since it was reaching its resistance level. Decided to take a bit of a cautious approach and bought 10 put contracts in BBRY with $11 strike price and expiry date of Apr 17. I don't see it breaking past the $11.50 mark any time soon on rumors and today's move was based purely on the buyout rumor that won't happen. While I don't expect any major moves until March in the stock, I decided to reduce my exposure to the put side of it just to be safe.
Last edited by ZarethKnyght; January 22nd, 2015 at 02:25 PM.