I am starting this journal to keep track of my progress.
To Do List:
1. Learn how to use Ninja Trader
2. Learn how to use a trading workspace including charts and indicators
3. Find the Trading Instrument suitable to me
4. Create a Strategy or borrow one
5. Find a data feed provider and clearing house
I don't really know everything I need at the moment, but I will continue to update/edit this journal as I get wiser.
I also read others journals to learn what they go about it... I already like some of them.
Today, I also purchased a bunch of books recommended by Mike and others and attended the NT online seminar and going to attend the DTI working seminar on live trading recommended by NT.
Last edited by Gavroche; March 17th, 2010 at 04:00 PM.
The following user says Thank You to Gavroche for this post:
I attended the webminar recommended by NT and I can say that was very interesting and useful. The webminar was presented by Tom Busby from DTI Trader a veteran trader and author. The presentation was excellent and it helped me see a new perspective on the market and its movement.
It is true that they try to push their software and training, which are too expensive for me at this point, but the free knowledge I got was priceless.
Tom was talking about how the foreign markets impact the domestic ones.
He also said:
- Decide on a MAX loss for the day (ex. $700)
- Do not trade in the first and last hour
- Do not go short in the last hour
- Do not overtrade ( 2-3 times is enough)
- If you loose twice in a row stay out for an hour
- If you loose 3 times in a row stop for the day
I have also attended a few NT seminars on using the NT software and I can say they are useful.
I also went to Mirus - Zen-Fire and open a trial (demo) account to be able to trade in paper money.
I will probably open a real account soon.
I hope this will help others.
Last edited by Gavroche; March 23rd, 2010 at 01:14 PM.