28 Feb. WM had a big green engulfing candlestick, this gave a stochastic (10,3,3) buy, since it overshot to the upside I entered an order to buy on a pullback, on March 4th I got filled pre-market at $39.70, that was a bit of luck as it didn't get anywhere close to that during normal market hours. Still in. Looking to exit at 42.40 where there is a visual price pivot and the 200SMA.
Sold March 13th at $40.63 - it was knocking on the door of support and did break through.
Summary: WM buy 39.70 sell 40.63 +0.93 in 6 days
Last edited by MrBean; March 13th, 2014 at 11:46 PM.
This trade is based on the visual pivot at around 41.70 and anticipation of breaking out of the bull flag. There was a stochastic buy signal on March 4. I will close it out if it closes below the pivot of 41.70, so far it's hanging on. The target on this one is a 50% fib at 44.40, perhaps ambitious but if it can break out of the flag and cross above the 200s (also in the flag).
Very late into this one, very bullish chart, I was eyeing it down at 48 but didn't pull the trigger, I think I was being swayed by negative market news at the time, this is a good lesson in not listening to "news" when trading. March 4th should have been the entry based on candlestick and stochastic. Realizing my risk reward was not good getting in at a high level I exited soon after for a quick scalp. This stock is on fire, will look to re-enter for a run above old daily highs.
I had a limit entry which got filled in the spike down on bad news. I was confident the area would hold based on 3 months of price consolidation between 72 and 75 . Targeting 80.50 based on fib extension.
Nice pullback down into 200 MAs and oversold stochastics. Looking for 31.20 to take half off based on a repeat of the gap fill. Will take off the second half at 33.20 where further price gap fill will happen.
This trade is based on corporate actions, basically in spite of the takeover offer the stock has floundered, if a stock can't move up with an offer on the table then something stinks - short it. I have a call option for protection in case there is some positive news.
Bought on a very nice pullback into a bunch of MAs including the 200MA. Took a little heat but it took off well after testing the 200. Entered an exit at 70.77 where there is a visual pivot, got filled.