Sorry guys. Friday night it have been turned out the little sickness was more than I thought. High fever, and other not too good things. I am getting better, but important rule. Dont trade if you are sick. I was checking my friday pratice log, and oh man... I was in slow-mo really...
So. Some update:
- I had experience some issue with my indicator (it is forget the default settings, and other things which has to be corrected.). I will check it if I will get better.
- @alejo : It is open range, and only the 1st minute. I was reading about this concept in this book: Wiley: Pivots, Patterns, and Intraday Swing Trades: Derivatives Analysis with the E-mini and Russell Futures Contracts, + Website - M. William Scheier . There are many concept in the book, but I really dont want to overcomplicated my tradings. so I am trying to shoot from many to less levels, which make sense for me. the 1st minute range, and the Kill the Killroy concept makes a lots of sense. Ofc no holy grail. Sometimes working sometimes not. But putting together the pieces, it is harmonize with my view on the market
- @TurismoTek : I've bought ninja long time back, so It was one time license fee (900USD as I remember). The fee at Topstep 1.84/contract/action. The datafeed fee is 84USD/month if you are getting funded as far as I know
- The live account at topstep is on the way. Till I am trying to get myself into better shape. I was not running more than 5 days, so get to back into real business...
I am coming with more, stay tuned! If you have any question pls don't hesitate to ask, and sorry for the delay!
I am doing some tasks to get fully prepared for going live with Topsteps:
- I was oke to do running, so I have been started ever. First thing to do after the kids dropoff at the kindergarden
- I am trying to find a solution for a good VPS. I was testing speedyserver, but I have 140-160ms ping time, to see my charts, and because I am doing quick entries, it seems a bit laggy. Right now I am trying the swvps with London location, which should be less laggy with the remote dekstop, we will see. The main reason here even if I am do using OCO execution, would be better to stay the trading station separated with my home enviroment
- Also I used to use laptop with external monitor to my trading, now I am trying to setup my iMac with an external monitor to use as a trading client. I am having some issues, to put up windows enviroment, I know I know remote desktop has mac client, but still I need secondary connection, and I dont like the parallel desktop solution
- Also I am continue my journey to read books about trading, mainly around trading psychology.
So far so good, will let you know about the status, and shoot some pic around my desk
No trade today. Hate to say, but I am trying to do some miracle on my imac 2011 mid model. The issue is the following: the DVD rom is not working on the mac, so guess what, it is almost impossible to force him to install windows with bootcamp. I am trying I am trying, but I have a strong believe I will fail.
I made the bootcamp enabled to allow me to create USB stick, but on the bootcamp menu during the restart I dont see the USB as a bootable device. I am really pissed off. Now I am trying to make some spell on the SSD drive of the iMac, but I dont know... I have the feeling, it will be not as easy as I thought.
The good news is that, if it will not work, I can still try the remote dekstop connection under the iMac OSX, but it would be really better to use windows... aragh... It was a long time ago when I had issues like this...
maybe better to have a partition on the normal drive.. install windows there.
Then restart and tell the system to start from the partition.
USB sticks are only helpful when restart OSX and make some work on the main drive
just my 2 cents
The following 2 users say Thank You to GFIs1 for this post:
Yip, I am trying these kind of workarounds: save windows partition from elsewhere, and put it on the harddrive, make a harddrive partition as a windows install etc... I am trying. The issue here as you said, the old iMac model firmware (bootmanager EFI 1.9) really doesnt like to see the USB external drive as an install, how hard I am try to force him to do
Oke oke... Issue is there, to with bootcamp you are not able to select an internal drive to make the USB stick, only external drives. So... I am trying to copy the USB content to my internal partition, and see, what is going to happen... finger crossed... second option is still to copy windows to ssd... Hell... sometimes I hate apple...
I was not able to force, or find any hint how to make bootable any partiotion with FAT32 under efi, so I am not able to boot any windows system/install on iMac.
Now one of my friend gave me an external DVD drive, and we made a Windows 7 DVD. Everything was fine, the DVD was readable under osx, I have been started the bootcamp process, restarted the computer, than THAN, the external DVD was doing funny noises and ejected the DVD?!?!?!?!?!!!!! WHAT??? WHY?????? oh tell me why????
Now I am burning the DVD under iMac OSX, maybe it will help him to understand, sooner or later, there will be a MICROSOFT system on you, and you have to accept that fact! Or I will sell it.