Total $87.50 (ES only) or $282.50 (incl TF) after commission
What am I going to do Fri?
1. Go through the Three Set Ups thread again. I would like to have a better understanding on the set ups (incl suggested trading hours) and may try to add some audio alerts to distinguish them. If it's do-able within my limited programming knowledge, I may try to automate the Inside Bar set-up this weekend.
Note: The Inside Bar set-up may offer me a profitable trade of 8 ticks everyday (or 3-4 days a week). As Big Mike mentioned in one of his posts, one has to assess his/her financial situation and act accordingly. I would like to check it out.
2. Start reviewing my indicators/set-ups (the MP one is fine and will stay as-is) so that I will have more quality hours over the weekend with Nelson. I've resumed my earlier busy schedule, ie spending almost every minute on trading-related things .. sigh .. Not sure if it's good or bad?!
You know me. I will be around Fri with pre-market homework and MP update etc LOL!
I am going to add a "plus" to my PA grade, ie B+ .. haha .. Why?
I used to scratch my petite head very hard to plot HL/HH and LH/LL pairs, ie always HL before HH and LH before LL. Today you will notice I have a "baby" breakthrough (happened approx between 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm) from HH to LL direct transition and NO HL/LH in-between. In conclusion, nothing B&W on stone and I learn to be flexible.
Initial Balance: 1073.50 - 1066.00 (7.50 points) Value Area as at 10:40 am: 1072.25 - 1069.75 - 1067.25 (5 points)
Price opened @1072.75
Today's High and Low as at 10:40 am: 1073.50 and 1065.25
VPOCs: Top 1075.25 and Bottom 1062.00
You may be glad to learn that I finished my second round reading of the Three Set Ups thread yesterday. Went through my notes and have been sim-trading the Inside and Outside set-ups this morning. Here it comes a quick recap:
It's a narrow range morning. Maybe the major players have already left for the weekend?!! Let's wait and see if Mr Market may rotate Up or Down to extend the daily range. If not, something "big" may happen next week!
I did one more CL Inside bar trade minutes before 12:00 noon. It's a profitable trade. Done with CL practice: $120 after commission (4 winners and 1 loser). Jeff deserves lots of giants hugs for sharing his profitable set ups with us.
Get ready for a Relaxing weekend incl a bi-weekly performance review. U2. Take care and have a Lovely weekend!
Believe you are enjoying your weekend. Me2! So far I have a fruitful weekend. For example, I modifed the Reversal 6_1 indicator so that High and Low will be printed upon completion of an Inside bar, created 2 simple strategies catching Inside Bar signals etc etc. For the afternoon agenda (when we're back from a quick bite) will be:
1. Map out a revised trading plan for the coming week(s)
2. Fix a SL bug in my new strategies
3. Research a little
Enclosed are some screenshots on the MP indicators I have been using. Hope the setup details will help your setting the 30-minute MP chart.
I just finished re-organizing my charts a little (mainly the ones on the right) so that I can accommodate the new comer CL.
Revised Trading Plan
1. Sim Trade on CL using the Inside and Outside Bar set ups (replacing the former ES sim practice). Actually I created 2 strategies based on the Inside Bar set up (Long and Short respectively as I do not know how to program a pair of breakout trades yet). I may just sim-trade the strategies and not placing trades manually. Having said that, I prefer to have some hands-on. Hmm, will play it by ear.
Note: Plan to auto-trade the Outside Bar set up (seems do-able). For the interim, will spot/trade them manually.
2. Real Trade(s) on ES. Ideally 1 1-contract trade/day and at least 2-3 times a week. As a start, I will be happy with 2 profitable ES trades weekly.
3. Real Trade(s) on TF (semi-auto). Based on my 2.5 months' observation on a TF strategy, it only generates 3-4 trades a week. With the assistance of the Price Swing indicator/SMAs crossover, I started doing semi-auto TF trades last week (2 real trades and both profitable). I plan to do at least 1 or ideally 2 1-contract trades weekly, ie after the strategy's triggering a trade - I will enter with PASwing/SMA confirmation only.
4. Trading Schedule
i. 9:00 am to 12:00 noon CL
ii. 9:30 am to 11:30 am ES
iii. 9:45 am to 11:00 am TF
5. PT/SL (all 1-contract trades)
i. ES 4/6 (no change)
ii. CL 12/25 (BE @8. Will adjust SL upon completion of the 15-minute entry bar if PT is not reached then.)
iii. TF 50/25 (BE @20 with profit trigger @6. Will adjust SL according to SMAs' direction. Very likely to close position when PT gets to $200-$300.)
Let's see how things go. Instead of a bi-weekly performance review, I will shorten it to a week in view of the above changes. However, no change for ES set-up (30-minute MP chart and 2 4-Range charts), ie only make changes every two weeks (maximum 2 changes).
Continue enjoying your Sun. Have a Successful week ahead.
Overnight High and Low as at 9:00 am are: 1079.75 and 1072.00. Currently trades around 1074.75 (same as Fri Close @1074.75). No major news today and certainly Mr Market may choose to rotate any direction.
Top VPOC: 1087.25
Bottom VPOC: 1070.75 (next one on line is 1062.00)
Let's trade the candle/bar in front of us. Have a Successful week.