My 25 Feb 2010 (Thu) Trade Log (Sim $140 after commission)
Early Report this morning as I did extremely well (in my mind) LOL!
Have captured my trade recap on the Trade Log.
1. Preserve Precious Capital (No 1 Priority) - I thanked the moderator on a daily recap that he reminded the subscribers regularly (yesterday again) that one should not let a winning trade become a losing one. I dreamed of his audio recap this morning and it stays with me today when I traded.
2. Trade Management - I did only 1 2-contract trade (first trade). The market has dropped over 100 points overnight and I feel more comfortable on doing 1-contract trades.
3. Readiness for a Potential Entry: Am glad that the audio alert has worked for me, ie alerting me to get ready for a Long or Short. I have a second or 2 to check most indicators before entry (if I decided to go with it).
Thank you for staying with me in my development. Happy & Successful Trading Always!
The following 4 users say Thank You to wgreenie for this post:
Spent Fri and the weekend on developing/polishing more strategies. Enclosed is the latest version and I'm quite happy with it (improved from 55% to 66% profitable %). Have it + 2 other versions running this morning. Notice I need to work on "choppiness" and B/E. I think I have the B/E syntax and not sure how to have it triggered. If it's on, I believe it will realize some gains for trades that do not move far enough to hit the profit target. Still working ..
Hoping to capture most of the scalping set-up on a strategy. It will do a better job than me. When I watched my strategies running on live data this morning, the great signals got filled at the next bar open (which I seldom did because of the bar closing delay etc) and ran hitting the 25-tick target LOL!
Will start developing a strategy on the Trend set-up once I've the scalping one in good order.
For this thread, I will report my strategy development/backtesting progress and not sim trade results anymore.
Items on hand:
1. Learn how to minimize the choppiness impact on the strategy performance
2. Learn how to add a B/E condition to preserve precious capital + realize some baby gains
3. Find out how to get the required historical data for backtesting (so that I can test the March contract for a year or so) (Tried merge historical data, got frozen for over an hour .. sigh ..)
I am a super-mega newbie to strategy (never imagined before that I can create a simple one). Welcome any ideas and suggestions simple for me to understand. Oh, I've been using Ninja Wizard to create my strategies - it gave me ideas on the syntax since I do not know the language. Lots to learn and I enjoy the challenge so far.
After giving birth to another 20 revised strategies for the past 2 days, I still cannot make the B/E filters get triggered! Maybe the new thread will attract some members to work with me. I will continue exploring and doing my very best!
My heartfelt thanks again for your support/encouragement.
Beth (Lack of zozozo for some nights now ..)
The following 2 users say Thank You to wgreenie for this post:
I deleted the attachment just now, the d9particle oscillator is an Elite-only indicator, this thread is in the normal forum.
Please remember to keep Elite-only indicators in Elite-only threads.
As for versioning, yes, there are a lot of d9's out there floating around, I understand.
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.