I am glad that I may have solved my Ninja frozen issues, ie trimming down the number of charts on my main computer and relocated the CL ones to my laptop. Enclosed will give you a brief idea on my progress.
1. Placing sim trades on Ninja has always been easier than real ones .. even the sim ones on the training platform I am in since last Mon. Not surprising .. ..
2. I did a few trading mistakes yesterday and was happy with a green result over $400 for one day. I did not even make that much in a week before .. haha ..
3. When I reviewed my trades, it's a great reminder that when a trade was right (timing and set-up etc), it's a smooth sail with minimal/no heat. When I did something wrong (eg not paying attention to Support/Resistance, no short @support or no long @resistance or forgot about the overall trend), got stopped out for sure + felt the heat instantly after entry.
4. Occasional losing trades (especially when risk is well managed) are fine to the trading business. Note: You can tell from the enclosed that reward/risk is always greater than 1:1. Initial PT/SL are always predetermined before entering into a trade.
5. My state of mind (emotion and enthusiasm) counts too. I am going to cushion a ritual (not sure what yet) minutes before trading. It will prepare me for a calm and disciplined trading session.
Need to give UKNOWHO a pat on the shoulder. Why?
I persuaded myself to trade on the training platform today. Yes, it's more demanding than the Ninja one. That's what I've signed up for. More importantly, I believe it will enhance my trade management skill and address my psyche issues. Now I consider the training program more an education one to sharpen my alertness and increase my confidence level on both myself and system.
For the coming days, I will try to place trades on both training and NT platforms. Training will have the priority though. NT one will be great for review as my trades will be captured on the charts. Will see how things go.
What's my current state?
I feel more positive. I know when I am focussed and disciplined, I will be closer to become a Successful Trader on a Consistent basis! It's a mission POSSIBLE .. smile ..
Continue enjoying your day.
Good Trading is about Trading Right!
Want What the Market Wants!
Trade With the Trend!
The following 3 users say Thank You to wgreenie for this post:
As mentioned in my weekend post, I succeeded in creating the subject for 6E (or other currencies like 6B). Unfortunately, the same setting has not been working for CL or other index futures, ie I am unable to get an acc volume histogram. It took me almost a year to figure out the 6E one .. it's quite discouraging/miserable when I was in the dark all the time.
Maybe some of you have a template that works for CL/index futures and won't mind sharing with me. Your generous sharing will definitely make my life easier. Thanks in advance.
I am following your Journal with great interest (page 34). I greatly appreciate your suggestion to start with MicroForex.
At page 34 you are using NT for charting and IB with Bracket Trader for trading. Why not use the NT chart trader interface ? Does this switching between 2 interfaces slow you down?
I was going to go with Sierra Charts, but I see the advantage of NT and Mirus ZF if I am following your trading journal
I too live in Canada and there are many USA brokers who will not deal with Canadians especially from B.C.
You are most welcome. IB does not offer "good" charting IMHO. When I was trading stocks, I did have IB connection on NT so that I can load different set-ups. Bracket Trader is more user-friendly (compare to IB) for trade execution. Yes, I encountered frozen issues very often when I was on NT 6.5. Please bear in mind that there were months when my charts were heavily loaded (10+ indicators) lol! I am a fan of NT 7 especially after its official release .. no longer BETA.
After purchasing a lifetime NT licence + focussing on Futures, I closed my IB account early this year. When I get settled with futures, I may consider opening an account to do occasional options and/or stocks (less than 2-digit value ones).
I'm not familiar with Sierra Charts. I prefer complimentary data access (many disc brokers offer that) + NT is good for practice/sim-trading. I'm sure that you will find your "perfect" match in no time. Good luck!