The 22 Days: A Price Action Trader shares his Journey - Trading Journals | futures io social day trading
futures io futures trading


The 22 Days: A Price Action Trader shares his Journey
Updated: Views / Replies:18,212 / 152
Created: by iqgod Attachments:86

Welcome to futures io.

(If you already have an account, login at the top of the page)

futures io is the largest futures trading community on the planet, with over 90,000 members. At futures io, our goal has always been and always will be to create a friendly, positive, forward-thinking community where members can openly share and discuss everything the world of trading has to offer. The community is one of the friendliest you will find on any subject, with members going out of their way to help others. Some of the primary differences between futures io and other trading sites revolve around the standards of our community. Those standards include a code of conduct for our members, as well as extremely high standards that govern which partners we do business with, and which products or services we recommend to our members.

At futures io, our focus is on quality education. No hype, gimmicks, or secret sauce. The truth is: trading is hard. To succeed, you need to surround yourself with the right support system, educational content, and trading mentors – all of which you can find on futures io, utilizing our social trading environment.

With futures io, you can find honest trading reviews on brokers, trading rooms, indicator packages, trading strategies, and much more. Our trading review process is highly moderated to ensure that only genuine users are allowed, so you don’t need to worry about fake reviews.

We are fundamentally different than most other trading sites:
  • We are here to help. Just let us know what you need.
  • We work extremely hard to keep things positive in our community.
  • We do not tolerate rude behavior, trolling, or vendors advertising in posts.
  • We firmly believe in and encourage sharing. The holy grail is within you, we can help you find it.
  • We expect our members to participate and become a part of the community. Help yourself by helping others.

You'll need to register in order to view the content of the threads and start contributing to our community.  It's free and simple.

-- Big Mike, Site Administrator

Reply
 86  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 

The 22 Days: A Price Action Trader shares his Journey

  #81 (permalink)
Elite Member
Mumbai, India
 
Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Favorite Futures: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
 
iqgod's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,659 since Feb 2012
Thanks: 3,312 given, 2,719 received

Long AUDUSD

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).


Stop is 5 pips below the swing low 0.9938

Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to iqgod for this post:
 
  #82 (permalink)
Elite Member
Mumbai, India
 
Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Favorite Futures: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
 
iqgod's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,659 since Feb 2012
Thanks: 3,312 given, 2,719 received

AUDUSD: Exited my posiition: Net +82 pips

The target (higher timeframe trendline) was near and the spread was increasing so closed my position at +82 pips of profit.

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).


This is my first win after a loooong losing streak which lasted till the last posts of my journal.

Learning:

Patience patience patience till all the stars align into favorable positions
... and even then, manage risk with stops.

... and finally sit on your hands and don't panic if the MAE is within the plan!

Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to iqgod for this post:
 
  #83 (permalink)
Elite Member
Mumbai, India
 
Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Favorite Futures: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
 
iqgod's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,659 since Feb 2012
Thanks: 3,312 given, 2,719 received

Resuming my trading journal


No this is not working. I am not a wildly profitable trader with a parabolic equity curve (Hence the saying – there are bold traders and there are old traders, but there are no bold old traders.). But I have crossed a subtle line – I am finally a BREAKEVEN trader.

I started off with Rs.1,00,000 in my account. I have Rs.1,13,000 in my account as of today. The capital shot up till Rs.1,30,000 and then I wiped off Rs.17,000 in a single cocky trade.

In the month of June I was:

- somewhat patient in waiting for good entries, - roughly 50 % of the time (the other 50% was where I jumped in eagerly and then had to spend the time miserably watching price going nowhere, and good trades missed because all my capital was tied up)

- was mildly willing to take losses at points where I had pre-decided to pull the plug on the trade if price ever reached, - roughly 30 % of the time (the remaining 70% I froze in a thawed soft fashion, i.e. not a deep freeze like earlier times

- I somewhat took the trades as my system dictated even though my heart was pounding DANGER, DON’T DO THIS (though this good thing happened and I was good with my analysis 80% of the time. The other 20 % of the time the analysis was correct in warning me that this is a low probability setup but I took the setup nevertheless out of pure cockiness due to recent heady wins – this happened in my last trade yesterday.

Earlier I would have developed an automatic swagger on the last part of the statement alone – being right 80% of the time on intraday trades. But I am neutral now in the sense that I feel I am staying on the road. Not yet at a place like @GaryD where I can think of being a fulltime trader. That would eat me up alive and bring nervousness, depressive – happy mood swings, and got knows what other problems.

I will be focusing on studying Al Brooks further, though I know that I could still continue doing whatever I have garnered from earlier study and still be profitable if I follow money management and keep my awareness of my psychological barriers sharp.

This is the hardest easy money a man can make.

And I have decided to resume posting again – it makes me reason out my trades clearly and makes me more responsible.

Coincidentally like @GaryD I too had a conversation with my wife two days ago about full time trading. And my wife was a gem with her support. She said that I can focus full time and she will take care all the chores that I currently do such as dropping off the kids to school, being their playmate in the evening, i.e. everything that currently takes up my time before and after my day job - and also continuing to work fulltime for bringing home a steady pay. Rock solid base to launch a TraderShuttle I say. Only that my NASA brain is not ready for the countdown yet. One half-step at a time. A giant leap for ManKind (with WomanKind's support).


Last edited by iqgod; July 18th, 2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Added support of wife
Reply With Quote
 
  #84 (permalink)
Membership Temporarily Revoked
siam, west coast andaman sea
 
Futures Experience: Master
Platform: ninja
Favorite Futures: gc, cl, tf, 6e
 
nakachalet's Avatar
 
Posts: 512 since Aug 2011
Thanks: 559 given, 200 received

WELCOME BACK, iqgod


iqgod View Post
No this is not working. I am not a wildly profitable trader with a parabolic equity curve (Hence the saying – there are bold traders and there are old traders, but there are no bold old traders.). But I have crossed a subtle line – I am finally a BREAKEVEN trader.

I started off with Rs.1,00,000 in my account. I have Rs.1,13,000 in my account as of today. The capital shot up till Rs.1,30,000 and then I wiped off Rs.17,000 in a single cocky trade.

In the month of June I was:

- somewhat patient in waiting for good entries, - roughly 50 % of the time (the other 50% was where I jumped in eagerly and then had to spend the time miserably watching price going nowhere, and good trades missed because all my capital was tied up)

- was mildly willing to take losses at points where I had pre-decided to pull the plug on the trade if price ever reached, - roughly 30 % of the time (the remaining 70% I froze in a thawed soft fashion, i.e. not a deep freeze like earlier times

- I somewhat took the trades as my system dictated even though my heart was pounding DANGER, DON’T DO THIS (though this good thing happened and I was good with my analysis 80% of the time. The other 20 % of the time the analysis was correct in warning me that this is a low probability setup but I took the setup nevertheless out of pure cockiness due to recent heady wins – this happened in my last trade yesterday.

Earlier I would have developed an automatic swagger on the last part of the statement alone – being right 80% of the time on intraday trades. But I am neutral now in the sense that I feel I am staying on the road. Not yet at a place like @GaryD where I can think of being a fulltime trader. That would eat me up alive and bring nervousness, depressive – happy mood swings, and got knows what other problems.

I will be focusing on studying Al Brooks further, though I know that I could still continue doing whatever I have garnered from earlier study and still be profitable if I follow money management and keep my awareness of my psychological barriers sharp.

This is the hardest easy money a man can make.

And I have decided to resume posting again – it makes me reason out my trades clearly and makes me more responsible.

Coincidentally like @GaryD I too had a conversation with my wife two days ago about full time trading. And my wife was a gem with her support. She said that I can focus full time and she will take care all the chores that I currently do such as dropping off the kids to school, being their playmate in the evening, i.e. everything that currently takes up my time before and after my day job - and also continuing to work fulltime for bringing home a steady pay. Rock solid base to launch a TraderShuttle I say. Only that my NASA brain is not ready for the countdown yet. One half-step at a time. A giant leap for ManKind (with WomanKind's support).

welcome back, finally.

she is a gem and give her a big appreciative hug from me too, alright?

oh no.... can't do that in mumbai now, can you? L O L....

best

nakachalet@gmail.com

Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to nakachalet for this post:
 
  #85 (permalink)
Elite Member
Mumbai, India
 
Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Favorite Futures: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
 
iqgod's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,659 since Feb 2012
Thanks: 3,312 given, 2,719 received

Preparation Stage: Premarket analysis on daily chart

NIFTY is in a secular bull market but this countertrand trade is the one that offers the highest probability today.

I also expect to be long at the end of this day.


Big Picture:

A major resistance level, probably the bears will put up a fight and sell heavily.

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).


Analysis basis:

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).


The exact levels where I will sell and cover, and a reminder to myself that the high of the pinbar is the stop loss. If market opens higher than the high of the pinbar then no trade. Sit out for a pullback if you get a gap up.

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).


Let's see how the day unfolds - let's also see if I follow my rules.

Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to iqgod for this post:
 
  #86 (permalink)
Elite Member
Mumbai, India
 
Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Favorite Futures: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
 
iqgod's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,659 since Feb 2012
Thanks: 3,312 given, 2,719 received

The 'investor' in me has spoken, now its the turn of the day trader

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).


Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to iqgod for this post:
 
  #87 (permalink)
Elite Member
Mumbai, India
 
Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Favorite Futures: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
 
iqgod's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,659 since Feb 2012
Thanks: 3,312 given, 2,719 received

Quick Quick trade - Where is my Lady Patience

Too fond of scalping.

Plan thrown out - brain sees a Low 1 short and then a covering at the 2 min 20EMA so went for it.

Sold - 5737
Bought - 5725

Net +12

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to iqgod for this post:
 
  #88 (permalink)
Elite Member
Mumbai, India
 
Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Favorite Futures: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
 
iqgod's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,659 since Feb 2012
Thanks: 3,312 given, 2,719 received

Shorted again as the signal bar for long never triggered

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).



However - WILL I FOLLOW MY RULES and hold it till the next probable swing low?

Will I ride it to a logical point or will I take panic profits?

Let's see.


Last edited by iqgod; October 3rd, 2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: changed high to low :-) typo
Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to iqgod for this post:
 
  #89 (permalink)
Elite Member
Mumbai, India
 
Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Favorite Futures: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
 
iqgod's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,659 since Feb 2012
Thanks: 3,312 given, 2,719 received

Survived a pullback - a small victory for me

I finally HELD through and had my stop correct.

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).


Covered partially to tame my emotional demon who can't bear to watch paper profits slip away.

Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to iqgod for this post:
 
  #90 (permalink)
Elite Member
Mumbai, India
 
Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Favorite Futures: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
 
iqgod's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,659 since Feb 2012
Thanks: 3,312 given, 2,719 received

Short and want to sell - feeling that the trend is now up


My execution slipped. The second terminal had locked and while I wasted time entering the password etc the market zoomed up.

Am holding till the shallowest trend line is broken and slightly more even after that because the market may try to take out all the stops lying there.

Will I hold? Getting feebler... oh WHY didn't I buy (cover) at the EMA test :-(

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to iqgod for this post:

Reply



futures io > > > The 22 Days: A Price Action Trader shares his Journey

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Upcoming Webinars and Events (4:30PM ET unless noted)

Jigsaw Trading: TBA

Elite only

FuturesTrader71: TBA

Elite only

NinjaTrader: TBA

Jan 18

RandBots: TBA

Jan 23

GFF Brokers & CME Group: Futures & Bitcoin

Elite only

Adam Grimes: TBA

Elite only

Ran Aroussi: TBA

Elite only
     

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
YTC Price Action Trader (www.ytcpriceactiontrader.com) Adamus Trading Reviews and Vendors 94 September 8th, 2015 02:01 AM
Price Action Adamus Traders and Trading Methods 6 February 20th, 2013 08:56 AM
My Journey From a Poker Pro to a Trader rounder8 Elite Trading Journals 63 June 2nd, 2012 12:57 PM
New Beginnings: The Journal of a Trader's Journey to Equanimity plethora Trading Journals 122 March 5th, 2011 11:13 PM
Nielsen IPO Likely to Price at $20-22; Road Show Starts Quick Summary News and Current Events 0 January 10th, 2011 11:20 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Copyright © 2017 by futures io, s.a., Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama, +507 833-9432, info@futures.io
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice.
There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
no new posts
Page generated 2017-12-17 in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries on phoenix via your IP 107.20.115.174