Rule restricts trades when the trading day before exceeded 150 points (Hi/Low) for one day
and with more than 250 points (Hi/Low) for 2 days.
In such moments normal "waves" after the first 30 minutes do not exist and the normal
rule will normally hit most of the SL then.
Avoiding "known holes" in the system - meaning abnormal price moves is a great optimization
to stay in the profitable zone.
This mechanical system works in over 90% of the Dax day ranges. Around 5% are filtered
out with these two special rules. The rest of up to 5% are SL hits due to abnormal market events.
The following 4 users say Thank You to GFIs1 for this post:
..to all followers and contributors. Every input makes this journal more lively.
For all who were not following from the first post - here one important distinction
about announcing and taking the daily GFIs1 DAX trade:
1) every trade is announced in advance as well as opening/closing the trade in real time on twitter
2) to get some discussion / in depth description and review/preview of the trade there is
one daily post on futures.io (formerly BMT) which is updated after announcing. So the post on futures.io (formerly BMT) may be later
than the twittered post as I have to take the trade and to post the action on different channels.
3) a weekly result is posted here to update the followers who read the journal for results only on
4) a very interesting thread provides some preview on different instruments to see some
traders discussing moves for the next day: on traders hideout / tomorrow's trade.
Will contribute from time to time an outlook on the DAX for the next possible directions.
Any input always welcomed.
The following user says Thank You to GFIs1 for this post:
1) This is very true. As this event was standalone it is not covered by my rules. (IFO / US # etc. are covered)
2) The spike was somehow unnatural - as more than 71 points for this auction seems not adequate. Thinking
more of collecting major stops / entry levels.
For tomorrow's IFO as announced - the rule means entry 30 minutes after IFO numbers are out. This way
the eventual spike does not effect our trade.
Your input is very welcome - in phases of incertainty it is best to stay at the sidelines.
The 1 DAX trade here however wants to bring up a signal for almost every trading day.