Beginners Questions (let the silly questions flow)
I canít find a thread for silly beginners questions, so I thought Iíd start one myself. Hopefully the senior traders will get a kick out of reading this threat and chime in from time to time.
Here are a couple silly questions to start us out.
1) Assuming you are trading futures part time, do you get to adjust your losses from your wins come tax season?
2) What are the most useful tools when trading using ninja trader?
3) Would anyone be able to suggest an effective volume indicator on ninja trader?
4) Can anyone suggest any good books on trading?
5) What markets do you guys trade and why?
6) What are some of the rookie mistakes you made when you first started and how can we avoid them?
You are better off using the search function on the site, and finding detailed threads on these subjects to educate you than trying to cram it all into one thread.
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.