Wow, this was the longest and most serious feedback I received! Thank you so much Jura. I have to take it seriously. What you pointed out is more than helpful, and I just need advices like that from another perspective.
All right, time to reveal the answers to your questions!
1. About anonymity: if you could go through the whole survey, you will find out that we do not need any private information from you, except the following parts:
a) The number of letters of your mother's first name.
b) The last two letters of the maiden name (birth name) of your mother.
c) The last two letters of your father's first name.
d) The day of your birthday (just the date, not the month and / or year).
These questions will be used to generate an identifying security code, so that we can recognize the winner from our side. What we will put online is the code word the winner generated in the study. So don't worry about your private information, we wouldn't know too much in the first place, and we also wouldn't leak any information. I can guarantee that. Come to think about it, this might be the mainly concern of lots of participants who had dropped out in the first couple of pages. Thank you for mentioning that! I should surely clarify this in the beginning of the survey.
2. About our department: of course you don't have to know our department better. The reason why I post it there are for two reasons:
a) Participants could already know where we are going to put the info of the winner.
b) I believe that the foundation of a cooperation starts with being open mind open and being sincere, introducing me (our department) would be the first step to build a trust-worthy cooperation, and also the first step to know the participants better.
3. About motivation: I could only tell you that I am doing this for my doctoral dissertation, but unfortunately, if I tell the purpose of the study in advance to participants, then the conditions that we try to control will be not validate anymore. If you like, I would be glad to PM you about all the information you need about the study after you finish the survey, but no pressure
4. About the first post: I started to launch my study in this June, (here). As you said, it has been 3 months since then. I posted it there because I was a member there first, and the administrator is willing to help about the study. Unfortunately I didn’t get too much participants, the amount was far from what I need after two months’ waiting. I tried my best to stick it in one forum at least, but it didn’t work out. So I had to search for others.
5. About the second post: I turned to another forum (here), which I like a lot, however it didn’t work that well again. I started to become desperate about my study and maybe that was why I sounded like begging. (Honestly this is my first survey, I am not sure how lame it looks like to participants) Luckily the admin there recommended me to this forum, that’s why I posted it here, and it turned out indeed, people here are very active and genuine!
Btw, about the avatar, I have been using that one for years, I like it very much, and I also have that picture on my mirror. About your doubt of begging for guys….um, I thought “guys” means both males and females in the U.S.. I didn’t think how it might look like…Thank you for reminding, I think I should indeed pay attention to that, and be more academic while posting serious stuffs.
6. I am an external PhD because I have a scholarship. I don’t work because I want to finish one thing at a time. So don’t worry, I have no boss to report to.
All in all, thank you very much for your feedback! I am sure this will be very helpful to people who are interested to get more involved in the study, and again, know me better.
Greetings from Cologne! You are surely welcome to come back to Germany in anytime
That is indeed very kind of you about donating the T-shirt! Right now I can't change the title of this thread, so I would have to leave it there till Mike sees it. I hope we can get more people involved in the survey by the incentive of your T-shirt! . Thank you for taking part in my survey as well! I hope you enjoyed it
Hi everyone! Just 20 more people, we can call an end to my first study in my PhD study! I would really be appreciated if you could kindly help. Thank you very much for people who already paid effort to this survey, and also who would like to participant!