I also have a dual WAN router setup, it is mentioned briefly in that post. I recommend the TP-Link router for sure.
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
I have the following. I am also a hardware fanatic.
A. Main trading computer.
1. Core 2 Quad Q8200, Yorkfield
2. 4x 160GB HDDs in Raid10
3. 2 pcs of PowerColor 3870x2 and they are Crossfired.
4. Gigabyte EX38-DS4
5. 4GB RAM
6. Dell 2407 Ultrasharp in landscape mode (centre)
7. NEC Multisync 2470WNX in portrait mode (left & right)
8. Windows XP
B. Mobile trading computer
1. Lenovo W700ds. 17" mobile workstation.
2. Windows Vista Business 64.
1. 2x Xeon Quad Core E5320, Clovertown
2. 4x 500GB HDDs in Raid10 (Main OS)
3. 6x 1TB HDDs in Raid5 (File Server for Movies and Music)
4. Supermicro X7CL-3
5. 24GB RAM
6. Digium TDM-400P (Asterisk PBX)
7. Ubuntu 8.04 with VMWare Server 2.0 with a couple of other OSes inside
C. To replace (A) in 3 months.
1. Lenovo Thinkstation D20 with X5560 x2, Gainestown
2. 2x Nvidia Quadro FX4800 in SLi.
3. 4x 146 HDD SAS in Raid10
4. 48GB RAM
5. Vista64 or Windows 7 64. VMWare Workstation with several OSes. Then it will be Ninjatrader 7.0.
Router is pfSense, an old P4 Celeron. It can take dual WAN setup. Once I move to my new place, I will have both cable and DSL.