I am plagued with this memory low for a long time now and it's time to ask.
First time I so this when using the platform on a laptop with 2G of memory and on top of this I was getting the low performance error dialog and in the mean time changing configurations was very fast.
So I need it a new laptop so I got a Precision M6500 with 8G of memory
Now the platform is very very sloooooow and the memory low is on constant any suggestions as to what mite be the problem here. thanks...mike....
Operating System new – server roles System Model
Windows 7 Professional (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Installed: 9/16/2013 7:01:49 AM Dell Inc. Precision M6500
8182 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Slot 'DIMM_A' has 4096 MB
Slot 'DIMM_B' has 4096 MB
Enclosure Type: Portable
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 560
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
3072 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
Multi-core (2 total)
Hyper-threaded (4 total) Board: Dell Inc. 0R1203 Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Inc. A06 01/27/2011
I see what you mean miner details right? and I bean suffering for so long.............
I try that and now I have this error and I can lunch the program
The JVM could not be started. The main method may have thrown an exception.
Last edited by samiotis; December 18th, 2014 at 02:09 PM.
Reason: to add a paragraf
After you get the previous problem solved, here are some suggestions for both Windows 7 and TOS memory management.
* GoTo "Run" in the Start Menu. Type "msconfig" in the dialogue box. GoTo "Startup" (or whatever that is. I'm on a Windows 8.1 computer, so I have to do this by memory.) Uncheck every unnecessary program, like Adobe, iTunes, etc. You don't need these to launch at Startup. They use up your RAM unnecessarily.
* Then GoTo the next tab to the left - "Services", check "Hide all Microsoft Services", and uncheck any unnecessary services that don't need to launch at Startup. Then reboot.
* Google "How to optimize Windows 7". Read through the links and implement any good suggestions. You might need to turn the "Aero" theme off to decrease the Windows memory load. I had to do this on another Windows 7 machine. Google how to do this.
* Increase your memory usage at the log-in dialogue box by clicking on the little gear at the lower left. Click on the MAX and increase your memory to the maximum allowed in the drop down menu. Then GoTo the MIN at the left, and choose the next lowest number and choose that. Click SAVE.
* GoTo your TOS directory (in C:\ Program Files if using the 64-bit version), or C:\Program Files (x86) if using the 32-bit version). Look for the directory called "usergui". Copy that directory to a safe place like your documents folder. You want to be able to copy it back if something goes wrong. Then delete that directory in the TOS folder.
Now launch the program.
* Remove all unused 3rd party indicators in "Edit Studies".
* Remove all "Styles" that you no longer use.
* Remove all "Flexible Grids" that you saved and no longer use.
* Running a dual core machine is still slow for this memory hog of a program. You will have to cut down on the number of indicators and charts you use at the same time.
*If you are still having problems, contact TOS Tech Support and ask them to help you by remotely making adjustments while you and they are on your computer and in the program.
* If all else fails, take screenshots of your entire setup and rebuild your setup from scratch. Make sure to backup all of your "user" indicators. Then uninstall the program, download a newer version and install it. This "fresh" install clears a lot of former problems.
Good luck! This is a problem with TOS, and it probably won't be getting better.
Last edited by Zephyr; December 18th, 2014 at 07:27 PM.
The following user says Thank You to Zephyr for this post: