Anybody else get the notification for the windows 10 upgrade?
I got a notice today on my taskbar about reserving/signing up . Currently running 7 ultimate and not sure if I should upgrade or not when I get the next notice that it's available.
The following user says Thank You to kbit for this post:
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
The following 2 users say Thank You to Big Mike for this post:
Personally I like Windows 8.1.
Sure, what they did with the Start button was really dumb but that was fixed in Win10.
Win8.1 is lightning fast when compared to Win7. I never saw my computer opening and closing so fast since I installed Win8.1.
Sure, after a couple of months, due to all the crap we install and is installed in the background while we surf the net, the computer becomes sluggish but that something that one gets used too.
I did installed Win10 beta on my old laptop to see how things were going but the damn thing was always crashing after a few minutes working with it but I did like the new features. The old Start button is back
It's just a new concept for Win that we are not used too. Like everything else, it takes some time but after a few weeks one starts to see the advantages...
If I become half a percent smarter each year, I'll be a genius by the time I die
The following user says Thank You to arnie for this post:
Maybe someone with more tech insight can answer my question.
When I upgrade from windows 7 to 10 for free and then, for example, my motherboard need to be changed, is it true that I will loss my Windows 7 license key and I need to buy a new Windows 7 or 10 license?
1. As a Win 7 ultimate x64 user, will I be upgraded to Win 10 Pro?
2. Do I need to reinstall all my applications once I upgrade?
3. Can I go back Windows 7 if I don't like Windows 10?
4. If I format my machine, how do I reinstall 10 without a disc? Will a usb installer be sufficient?
5. Does Win 10 play well with dual OS setups?
2. No. I upgraded in place and everything continued to work fine, better in fact.
3. Apparently, some people have done this and it worked. I would probably try to find a way to image the machine to a backup drive first, just to be sure.
4. Apparently you can download a USB installer and use your previous key for Windows 7 or 8.
5. I don't have dual OS, so I haven't tested it, but people are doing it online and it seems to work.