my ideal trading setup has been so far a desktop with four screens and I am now curious about using a laptop instead.
Can anybody share his/her experience trading with a laptop and multiple screens and what hardware layout you chose ?
Last edited by Big Mike; July 11th, 2011 at 03:35 PM.
Reason: removed site
I use a laptop with 2 additional external monitors for a total of 3 monitors. One of the external monitors is connected to the built-in vga output of the laptop to one external monitor, and the other external monitor is connected via USB using a usb to vga adapter (Micro Center - SIIG USB 2.0 to VGA Adapter JU-VG0012-S1)
The following 3 users say Thank You to monpere for this post:
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
I bought a Pro license that allows up to four screens - pretty neat and works well (though I have GigE switches and all wired machines though I've even used it to connect to WiFi-connected laptops as well).
Not a true dedicated hardware solution, but thought I'd throw in a "satisfied customer" software-based offering.
The following 2 users say Thank You to Fu510n for this post: