I trade HSI on the HKFE and data options are limited basically to IB, CQG, TT , Esignal. The latter three being unfiltered.
- Sierra Chart doesn't integrate with Esignal
- IB is my broker because they execute well and every other broker which offers HSI is more expensive in commissions, like way more. IB is simply where it's at for Asia Pac futures IMO. But their data is no good for tick or sub minute...
- CQG and TT are other options but paying the additional commission for the privilege of the data is crazy. Often double or even tripple in some cases.
My Question and Further Comments;
- is it possible to connect Sierra Chart to a CQG or TT broker, get the data but don't execute through them, then have a second connection to IB which actually takes the trades (but doesn't use the snapshot data)?
- I read on the Sierra Chart website about connecting multiple feeds but I couldn't make sense of it. It had comments about having two applications open with a connection of each.
- if it is possible to have two connections e.g. A CQG broker, then IB, if I placed a trade with the IB connection would it show on the chart trader on the CQG chart and would I be able to adjust the order there? Or would I have to have separate charts for IB and one for CQG? So would watch the CQG chart then execute off an IB DOM or Chart and manage the trade off that (in case the trade wouldn't show on the CQG chart).
Confused - whats with all the Sierra Chart questions - your profile says you use Ninja Trader????
You can run SC with a datafeed from one provider (maybe TT or CQG) and then place trades through IB as your broker. Big Mike did/does exactly this with iQFeed and IB as his broker.
So I know it works with iQFeed and IB, but I am not sure if you can just use CQG or TT for their unfiltered data as they would be getting no remuneration from that, unless they have a fee deal to just sell you data. In Big Mike's case he was paying for iQFeed as they only sell data ie you can not place trades through an iQFeed.
Recently SC has introduced this concept of multiple instances of SC, but I am not familiar enough with it's features to know if it would in some way help you with your requirements. I would put your question to them on their support board - or see if they respond here by shouting out to them, like so @SierraChart.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future - Niels Bohr, Danish Physicist
The following 2 users say Thank You to steve2222 for this post:
However, the SC Exchange Data Feed does not provide the HSI data at this time but that is something in the next 2 months which is likely to be added. If you have further questions use the Support Board: https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php
The following 2 users say Thank You to SierraChart for this post:
There is definitely a gap in the market for a good neutral data feed and chart vendor in Asia Pac. Sure Esignal is there but as I've mentioned in other posts I've had some issues with the quality at times.
So to learn this is a possibility that you would add HSI to your list is fantastic. My suspicion is you would get a number of potential customers who use IB who have to use Esignal for unfiltered data who would come across.
Thanks for you reply and I will keep a keen eye out for updates!
Hi, I use sierra charts but my broker is separate. With sierra charts I have the data feed setup with CQGfix trading and that is due to the dorman trading account - but I do not use the dorman trading account.
Is there a better data feed for me to use? It doesn't have to be super accurate, just decent. Just that dorman is costing 68 p/m - which isn't too bad but seeing as I only use the data maybe there is a better solution considering I already have another broker that I put orders through... thanks!
Nice to hear HSI will be available in near future. May I know
1. is it unfiltered tick data?
2. will IB+NJ configuration be supported? ie. data feed to NJ and NJ place order to IB
3. how non-professionals get reduced CME fee?
also, could you PM me once the HSI is available? Many thanks!
What exchange are you hooked to? to me $68 looks like a number that consists of exchange and inactivity.
Maybe you should consider to have a broker that provides the feed and you execute through to save on cost and to have less net issues with one feed.
There is a risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
PM with any questions about optimusfutures (800) 771-6748 (561) 367 8686. THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS IN FUTURES TRADING.