1. Take the cumulative tick (IQFeed JTNT or JT6T) for each session (resetting to zero).
2. Over last 'x' bars (ie 20 5 minute bars) calculate the range from high to low.
3. If cumulative tick > 0 long, if cumulative tick < 0 short.
4. For every 10% move on cum tick of the established range in your favor, add a contract.
5. For every 10% move against you, decrease a contract.
Cum tick high-low over last 20 bars is 50,000.00. That's our range reading. So 10% increments would be a move of 5,000 on the cum tick indicator.
Cum tick is > 0, so we're long only. At a reading of 5,000 we are long 1. Once the reading is 10,000 we're long 2. If it moves back to 5,000 we sell 1 and are only long 1 total.
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
The following 2 users say Thank You to Big Mike for this post: