Favorite Futures: ES Options, VX, ES, NQ, ZN, ZB, MJNK, SIL
Posts: 127 since Aug 2013
Thanks: 13 given,
Last size column
I have read through the support threads for quite a while and it seems like I'm not the only one looking for some added functionality from the Last Size column on the Trade DOM. some of the functionality from the time and sales (ability to combine or not combine by price/size/time/condition and more importantly, the ability to colour the background of the last traded price by bid or ask, which would mimic the best feature of the TT dom, to be able to see when they hit the bid or ask in size. The Last Size column could be very useful with just a few tweaks imo
The following user says Thank You to Japhro for this post:
2) What are your favorite features of Sierra Chart?
I like the customizability of the platform as a whole, especially the charting tools. I also like the look and feel of the user interface - simple and to the point. Aside from these aesthetic qualities, the charts load very quickly, you can run more than one instance of Sierra on the same computer with very little system resources being used. My favorite way of trading is to use the ChartDOM.
3) What are some must-have deal breaker features in Sierra Chart that you could not do without?
ChartDOM. This is an extremely efficient feature for people who are placing a lot of orders throughout the trading day. It's one of the best features in Sierra Chart for highly active traders. It's much better to use than the regular trading DOM. This feature alone makes Sierra Chart worth it for me, even though the entire platform is extremely good.
4) Do you use Sierra Chart in simulation mode only, or do you place live trades with it?
5) Are you a discretionary trader or an algorithmic trader? How does Sierra Chart help you with this?
Discretionary. The efficiency and speed of Sierra Chart is just phenomenal. I mentioned the ChartDOM earlier, which helps me place trades incredibly fast and with pinpoint accuracy. I don't use any indicators except sometimes an exponential moving average, but I can see that there is a huge number of stuff here that many people would find useful. The charting tools are extensive and very easy to use. They are also highly customizable.
6) How easy/hard was it for you to learn to use Sierra Chart?
There is a bit of a learning curve, but no different than using another platform.
7) How do you rate Sierra Chart's customer service/support, assuming you have needed to use it?
The customer service guys at Sierra are very blunt and to the point. I appreciate this, though some may find it difficult to get thorough explanations out of them.
8) Do you believe Sierra Chart is competitively priced?
Definitely the best deal out there.
9) How do you rate the community support that exists for Sierra Chart?
The forums are very active, so the community support is awesome.
The following 2 users say Thank You to mangolassi for this post: