kayaker 
Crivitz Wisconsin USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: Zenfire
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 9

Spent the day in Al Brooks live webinar, I had a good day, took 1 trade for 2pts. I passed on several other setups that were not as clear to me but would have made money on, a great learning experience. I must say that my confidence level is way up and I am way more relaxed when in a trade. The price action is starting to tell me what I should do. I definitely feel like I have passed a milestone on a long road.... I am glad that Al does not call his trades, instead he explains what he feels is going on in the market, like when there is profit taking going on or will the sellers be able to push through this level, ect. He really makes you think for yourself and then you can develop your own trading style that you are comfortable with, for me this is ideal. I don't think this will work for everyone and this is not a room for a beginner.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

kayaker 
Crivitz Wisconsin USA

I had 3 trading days this week, +5 Points off 5 trades, 0 loss, 2 be, 3 Profitable I am still only taking the best setups (the ones I catch in time), and missing most of them, I need to improve my setup recognition so that I can react faster and get in the trade without much thought. This weekend I am going to make up a chart of high probability entries so I can just make a quick glance over and confirm the setup then make the trade.... I am gradually learning more and more everyday, and working on trade management. It is a slow steady process, nothing like I thought when I first started out trading....I thought I would learn a few indicators and strategies and boom I would make money ha ha ha, how naive I was! I am glad I dumped the indicator merry-go-round, learning PA definitely builds a strong trading foundation that works.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Al Brooks trade room. FYI, Al Brooks will be doing a special webinar for us June 29th @ 4:30PM, and there will be a live Q&A session plus (10) autographed copies of your choice of his books (new or old) given away.

Check here for more details:

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

kayaker 
Crivitz Wisconsin USA

Had a good week of learning in Al Brooks webinar room, I took very few trades though, I still have a lot to learn and everyday has a different twist to it. One trade I took really stands out and it is one I will not soon forget, I had a perfect entry (buy) at the bottom of a channel trend line, and after it went up about 5 or 6 ticks I decided to to get out after it came back down to even, because I thought the down trend was going to continue (even though the price action indicated otherwise) right after I got out the price continued up for about 10pts, as I watched by the sidelines in disgust with myself for getting out early. I seem to learn more by my mistakes than I do when things go right, I will have to work on sticking with the plan when I make a trade. Lesson learned (Don't let preconceptions dictate the trade). On the good side my confidence level is going up, and I am much less nervous when in a trade.

Thanked by:

kayaker 
Crivitz Wisconsin USA

6/4/11
I did not take any trades this week until Friday, it was a short week due to the holiday and I had to work my day job on Wed. So anyhow, I am learning PA trading in Al Brooks live webinar room...but lately I have had paralysis by analysis. So I decided to just force myself to take trades to break myself of this, and it worked, even though my first two trades stopped me out. The funny thing is, Al got trapped out on one of the exact same trade I took, which he informed us about at the end of the day recap, so I felt pretty good about, since even a very experienced trader like Al also got caught in the trap. ( I must say again, that Al does not call his trades, that would be counter productive to learn Price Action)
The next two trades I took in the last hour of the day was on the TF, the first one I was stopped out on, I had a late entry unfortunately and that was why I was stopped out otherwise it would have been a real nice winner, right after that loss I jumped back in, which I would never do before, (because it was too psychologically hard for me to do) but, I knew it was a good trade to take, I was planning on swinging this trade but after it ran up 17 ticks and came back 7 ticks I took the profit so I could wipe out my previous loss unfortunately after two more ticks down it went up another 15 or so ticks, the market was pretty volatile at that time so it was probably the right choice. A few minutes later, I took a quick scalp on ES, and I found out Al also took that scalp after I exited that trade.
Although I only broke even for the day, it was a hugely successful for me to break my trading paralysis, which started about two weeks ago, due to me being a little overwhelmed by my intense studying to learn Price Action trading.
I am really looking forward to trading next week, although I have to work my other day job on Monday, so I will have to wait until Tuesday to trade again.

Thanked by:

kayaker 
Crivitz Wisconsin USA

Have not posted for awhile, but need to write down my thoughts. Still attending Al Brooks daily webinar and is really paying off in the knowledge I am gaining, I am now making several trades a day, mostly profitable. My biggest accomplishment is developing my own trading style that I am comfortable with. I have started to eliminate the trade setups that have less chance of success, through trial and error.
There are several very good traders in the chat room, and I learn a lot from them also. I still need to work on my trade management, many times I will take profits before target is hit if trade starts to go against me, sometimes they save me from a loss or break even and sometimes I lose out on a big move in my favor....I guess I can't decide what is worse at this point.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 9, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts