NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one nakachalet with 43 posts (23 thanks)
    2. looks_two rogerf with 40 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 acbrasil with 25 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 24 posts (63 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rogerf with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jeff Castille with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 monpere with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 165,842 views
    2. thumb_up 575 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 402 posts
    2. attach_file 23 attachments

Search this Thread

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

I understand not wanting to trade live when you cannot fully concentrate on the trading. Can't ask a pitcher to teach you how to throw a curve ball, while he is in the middle of a game. I don't have a problem with a trading room trading sim. Sure, live is ideal, but the important thing is that the calls are identified and taken in real time in front of the members, not that hindsight stuff, "there was an entry right there, you would have made a gazillion dollars".

Roger is playing a dubious tactic, he is trolling around multiple forums looking for new customers under the guise of wanting to help traders. This seems to be back firing for him. On the other forum mentioned, he is challenging traders by offering some weird million dollar challenge, that's just plain weird for any legitimate vendor. He should use that million dollars to advertise on CNBC.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
22 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

nakachalet View Post
"No professional trader trades live while moderating a room."

he is absolutely and categorically incorrect....

I would agree. I've been in a few rooms now and have seen how these hosts get caught in claiming they were trading live when it was actually sim. One room said they traded a live 20k account, but then based on past reports by ex-members they say that every year. OTOH, I've seen about three rooms where I'm convinced it was live. One of them was @cjbooth 's room which he did for about 4 months. The room was free and he was trading for himself using the best times to trade on the Euro futures in the early morning hours. Another is Al Brook's room. But he only reports trades after the fact if any. If a professional trader doesn't trade live in a room I'm more convinced they aren't professional to begin with, or have not daytraded live in a long time and are actually investing their revenue from clientele in a different way, or are not choosing to teach a trading method that actually works.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Cloudy View Post
I would agree. I've been in a few rooms now and have seen how these hosts get caught in claiming they were trading live when it was actually sim. One room said they traded a live 20k account, but then based on past reports by ex-members they say that every year. OTOH, I've seen about three rooms where I'm convinced it was live. One of them was @cjbooth 's room which he did for about 4 months. The room was free and he was trading for himself using the best times to trade on the Euro futures in the early morning hours. Another is Al Brook's room. But he only reports trades after the fact if any. If a professional trader doesn't trade live in a room I'm more convinced they aren't professional to begin with, or have not daytraded live in a long time and are actually investing their revenue from clientele in a different way, or are not choosing to teach a trading method that actually works.

I understand cjbooth stopped his trading room because he could not concentrate on his live trading, while running the room, moderating, teaching his method, and trading live at the same time. It was negatively affecting his performance, so he shut down the room so he could actually trade his method properly in order to make his living trading.

gibbs 
Erie, PA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT7, TWS
Broker: RCG & IB
Trading: volatility
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 22

monpere View Post
I understand cjbooth stopped his trading room because he could not concentrate on his live trading, while running the room, moderating, teaching his method, and trading live at the same time. It was negatively affecting his performance, so he shut down the room so he could actually trade his method properly in order to make his living trading.

This actually happens more often than people realize because there are negative impacts on your trading at the beginning stages of running a chat room. There are also opportunity costs (especially if you're trading more than one account) which easily exceed any revenues generated. So for those who worked their butts off to get through the real $ meat grinder and decide to try their hand at training, the usual and perfectly understandable response is that they've worked way too hard to jeopardize what they've accomplished so they shut it down.

But like everything else in trading you have to pay your dues before you receive any benefits. And this is no exception because if you work through the initial adversity it will definitely improve your trading in ways I don't believe are possible any other way.

Btw, I am not a vendor - been there, done that, glad I did it once but can't imagine why I would ever do it again. Nor am I familiar with any of the ones mentioned here. Just sharing experiences from a past life for those who might be interested.

Cloudy 
desert CA

monpere View Post

That's news to me. Unless you had heard from others close to him those things that I didn't as I didn't know him personally. I was a member of his room until the end.. Most of the time we were quiet and waiting while he found a trade. He actively wanted us to participate with questions at times or with something new he was trying out. After the first month he had mostly stopped going over the basics of his method and we knew basic questions would no longer be welcomed. I had assumed he was bothered by ongoings outside the room (maybe bothered by emails from individuals or vendors) or he just got tired of doing it when he decided to shut it down. He owed nothing to us as the room was free except we were required to subscribe to Kwik-pop.

nakachalet 
siam, west coast andaman sea

Experience: Master
Platform: ninja
Trading: gc, cl, tf, 6e

Cloudy View Post
That's news to me. Unless you had heard from others close to him those things that I didn't as I didn't know him personally. I was a member of his room until the end.. Most of the time we were quiet and waiting while he found a trade. He actively wanted us to participate with questions at times or with something new he was trying out. After the first month he had mostly stopped going over the basics of his method and we knew basic questions would no longer be welcomed. I had assumed he was bothered by ongoings outside the room (maybe bothered by emails from individuals or vendors) when he decided to shut it down. He owed nothing to us as the room was free except we were required to subscribe to Kwik-pop.

do u per chance have any pix of his trading screen for us to look at, pls?

anyone who was willing to offer a free trading room, is worth something to look back to,

to perhaps, find gems of wisdom that were missed then....

his name came across here several times in the past, that i was aware of.

wonder how his methodology compared with ft, particularly in terms of predictability and PROFITABILITY? anyone, pls?

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Cloudy View Post
That's news to me. Unless you had heard from others close to him those things that I didn't as I didn't know him personally. I was a member of his room until the end.. Most of the time we were quiet and waiting while he found a trade. He actively wanted us to participate with questions at times or with something new he was trying out. After the first month he had mostly stopped going over the basics of his method and we knew basic questions would no longer be welcomed. I had assumed he was bothered by ongoings outside the room (maybe bothered by emails from individuals or vendors) or he just got tired of doing it when he decided to shut it down. He owed nothing to us as the room was free except we were required to subscribe to Kwik-pop.

I was checking out the room for a couple of weeks near the end of 2011. I observed increasingly how he got distracted, frustrated, when he missed, lost, or mismanaged trades. He increasingly asked for 'less chatter' in the room, and sent several emails regarding that. Then on Dec 14, he sent the following email saying that he would only open the room for an hour near the end of the European session, only to review the trades he took that day in private. I am including an excerp of the email below, where he clearly expressed the room was impacting his trading. That is when I stopped going to the room because I didn't want to just see someone review trades after they had been taken. I'm not sure what happened after I left, but I think a few weeks later, the room was closed permanently.

Quoting 
Beginning tomorrow Thursday I will open the room at 10 am cst for about an hour or 2 to discuss the mornings trade and answer your questions regarding any setups

this meeting will be recorded so if you cant attend based off of where you live and your time zone I will email you the recorded link

reply to this email with the word “room” or “video” so I will know who will attend the room and who to email the video recording to

the reason I am doing this is simply with the way the market action is lately trading is requiring my up most attention and focus something the trading room in general is affecting

Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,770
Thanks Received: 18,188

Daytrader50 View Post
on this new webinar he showed, he has indicators that put renko bars into dense thin almost channel size lines that are either red or green so much of the guess work is gone

Wanting to take the guesswork out is the #1 reason why vendors selling expensive nothingness are still in business. Trading is by definition guesswork, even if it's statistically rooted guesswork. Seeking certainty is not the way to doing well in trading, particularly when the certainty comes from someone else. At least vendors keep fresh money coming into the market which will only be transferred in a short amount of time, I suppose that is a good service to the community.

Cloudy 
desert CA

Maybe you saw me there as my id was Cloudy. There could have been a couple of people that bugged CJ, but most of the time we were quiet and waited for hours most sessions. I remember that email and thought he was upset but not sure if it was the room or bad trading conditions. Following CJ's room since August, it would have been seen conditions got worse for the method. We concluded Mid December to the holidays like most markets was very low volume and slow. I remember that email. That was the time when CJ took a break off the room. We came back in Jan. The last one about the room on the 10th of January.

"Traders,

Let me clear that I am not stopping my trading room, on the other hand my method nor anyone else's is going to produce good trades in this crappy volume and price ranges.

With the way I take trying to help you guys personally it is to stressful right now in these conditions to try to find myself a trade much less moderate a trading room and help you find one

I ask you to stay in touch as will I with you through emails until this market gets it’s head out it’s pants and starts reacting to something

Charles
"
I'm not sure if it was because of the room and/or the "crappy" conditions he stopped it. It was perfectly fine when we were making good money until mid-November. We were happy about it and CJ's moral and the room's was good and we regularly attended those long hours with his "coffee" breaks. And he tested us and asked us to comment on his ideas, or we waited all the morning hours for good setups. But I can understand if he wanted to withdraw back to his own trading since December when things changed.

His last email on the 1st of Feb was saying he was on skype if we wanted to stay involved. I chose not to continue. I very much appreciated his help. His room was the first live daytrading experience I saw that worked for that time. And gave me hope daytrading could realistically actually work if one found his way.

Thanked by:
 futuretrader 
Como Italy

Platform: Ninjatrader, customized
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 643

monpere View Post
I was checking out the room for a couple of weeks near the end of 2011. I observed increasingly how he got distracted, frustrated, when he missed, lost, or mismanaged trades.

I was in his room for a while too, earlier than that. You could always tell by his breathing when he was in a trade.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 2, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts