NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one nakachalet with 43 posts (23 thanks)
    2. looks_two rogerf with 40 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 acbrasil with 25 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 24 posts (63 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rogerf with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jeff Castille with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 monpere with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 164,097 views
    2. thumb_up 575 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 402 posts
    2. attach_file 23 attachments

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

fluxsmith View Post
It might be no risk (he does have an investment in infrastructure and employees), but listening in on his room for a week, it's sure a lot of work. He makes himself very available to his students, it's not like he sells you an indicator and he's done with you. It's more work than I'd be willing to undertake.

Very difficult for a system vendor with an 8am-4pm trading room to also trade for a living, unless they have sufficient staff running the business and moderating the room, and most of these small vendors cannot afford large staff. They have to work 12 hour days to keep a small business like that going, with customer relations, sales, trade room moderating, after market classes, preparation, research, programing, webinars, etc. There is no time to trade. I did programming work for 2 years for one of these snake oil system/trade room vendors, I know what is required behind the scene when you only have 2 or 3 people supporting the business.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

monpere View Post
Very difficult for a system vendor with an 8am-4pm trading room to also trade for a living, unless they have sufficient staff running the business and moderating the room, and most of these small vendors cannot afford large staff. They have to work 12 hour days to keep a small business like that going, with customer relations, sales, trade room moderating, after market classes, preparation, research, programing, webinars, etc. There is no time to trade. I did programming work for 2 years for one of these snake oil system/trade room vendors, I know what is required behind the scene when you only have 2 or 3 people supporting the business.

He has about 5-7 people I believe.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Mindless 
GA

Platform: Ninjatrader / Zen-Fire, Tradestation
Broker: Amp and Mirus Futures / Zen-fire
Trading: 6E, EUR/USD, CL
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 21

I took one of his free sessions with his room. The trading room is more like a commercial for his automated systems.
Then I had the privilege of a salesman calling me relentlessly until I convinced him that I was completely not interested.
This is for you if you want a black box.
Don't waist your time if your leaning toward discretionary trading.

rogerf 
Victoria, TX

Experience: Master
Broker: Mirus Futrues, Zen-Fire, IQFeed, Kinetick
Trading: 6E, CL, GC

Mindless View Post
I took one of his free sessions with his room. The trading room is more like a commercial for his automated systems.
Then I had the privilege of a salesman calling me relentlessly until I convinced him that I was completely not interested.

You forgot to mention the part about the goons we sent to your house to harass you every night for six months...

Look, we know full well that we can't help everyone and we also know that what we offer isn't for everyone. But why can't we just stick with the truth when we talk about a product or service that doesn't appeal to us?

Here are the facts about Felton Trading: We do not offer an automated system and we do not offer a black box. We teach discretionary trading only and probably always will. We offer a "trader assist" software to help identify potential trades, but in no way is it a black box since we explain exactly what it is looking for all day long and anyone can identify the same entries manually.

Everyone associated with Felton Trading is commanded to NEVER harass or pressure anyone in any way. I absolutely despise companies that do what you describe. The job of the sales staff is to just answer questions, that's it. We have an excellent staff, in my opinion. I have never had anyone accuse any of them of relentless uninvited phone calls. If true, an email from you to me would have stopped that immediately and that guy would have been out of a job.

Mindless, if you would be so kind as to provide the name of your FT sales representative and the time period that this relentless contact was made, I will obtain a copy of that reps corporate phone log and we'll get to the truth here quickly. Although you were completely mistaken on your other points, if it appears that you were relentlessly harassed by one of my staff, I will take immediate steps to remedy the problem and issue you my sincerest humble apology.

Thanks,

Roger

evroom1
sarasota fl

Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 15

Mindless View Post

It clear that you have no clue as to why someone would offer to provide a free trial to a room. If you do not want someone to sell you something then do not go to these rooms. Da. From experince I know they only phoned you once, no hard sell, one thing iliked about them.

Felton happens to be better than most and the chances that you learn something to make money are every good.

In fact you would have to be mindless not to.

rogerf 
Victoria, TX

Experience: Master
Broker: Mirus Futrues, Zen-Fire, IQFeed, Kinetick
Trading: 6E, CL, GC

Here's a reminder that any futures.io (formerly BMT) Elite member is automatically granted full unlimited access to the Felton Trading Room. Be sure to send an email to [email protected] letting here know you are a futures.io (formerly BMT) Elite member and she will make sure that no one ever tries to contact you from FT for any reason.

Relax, enjoy and be sure to ask all the questions you can think of.

Thanks!

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Something moving
Thanks Given: 2,335
Thanks Received: 2,524

rogerf View Post
Here's a reminder that any futures.io (formerly BMT) Elite member is automatically granted full unlimited access to the Felton Trading Room. Be sure to send an email to [email protected] letting here know you are a futures.io (formerly BMT) Elite member and she will make sure that no one ever tries to contact you from FT for any reason.

Relax, enjoy and be sure to ask all the questions you can think of.

Thanks!

Roger,

I think that it is great gesture.

David

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Mindless 
GA

Platform: Ninjatrader / Zen-Fire, Tradestation
Broker: Amp and Mirus Futures / Zen-fire
Trading: 6E, EUR/USD, CL
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 21

Roger,

I did not in any way intend to discredit your product. I was just giving my opinion of my experience of your room. I swear you spent the whole week in your trading room. Trying to market some black box, automated system, trader assist program or what ever you want to call it. I think named the sniper. It's been a year now so I could be wrong on the name.

And I was just giving my opinion of my experience. Which is the title of this post. I am not here to argue with you or your minions. Or get your sales man fired.

I wish you the best.

This is my last post in this Thread. I'm not the type to argue. So you and your minions can have a hay day in defending your precious ego.

But I am here to learn, share and give my opinion when asked.

Thanks
Mindless

Thanked by:

dh004110 
Aurora, canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 14

i have tried Rogers room 3 years ago.....he is a good man....just couldn't apply the strategy to my daily live trading...

longboat 
Philadelphia, Pa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp/CQG
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 902
Thanks Received: 217

I took Roger up on his very gracious offer to us futures.io (formerly BMT) Elite members and spent some time in his trade room. Roger is a great trader and has built a remarkable system with indicators. I would reccommend to any futures.io (formerly BMT) that they try it out. You have nothing to lose. Nobody has tried to sell me anything or anything like that. Roger is a wonderful gentleman and really seems to care about his students. He routinely makes over 1k in the room, today it was over 2k trading 2 lots. He traded mostly CL and 6E but also takes trades on 6A,6B,6J,GC, NQ and others. He had one losing day in the last week but I think he would have passed on trades but just took some because the room wants to watch him. It is in SIM, which always puts up a red flag for me, but most of his trades are discussed before hand and you usually have time to enter as they are called in advance. He does show his dome on trades and even as he manages the trade. My only question is that he uses stop limit orders to get in trades instead of stops so he would probably would get no fills more in a live account. No big deal as he likes to get in on small pullbacks. I have been trading a long time and I learned a few trades that I will definitely use in the future. I am going to spend more time with Roger and see how it progresses. I am not a student (yet) and have no affiliation with Felton Trading FYI. It is nice to see vendors who care about their students and let us kick the tires for free. I'll post more again soon. Thanks for the wonderful opportunity you are giving us Elite members Roger.!

Last Updated on May 2, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts