NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one nakachalet with 43 posts (23 thanks)
    2. looks_two rogerf with 40 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 acbrasil with 25 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 24 posts (63 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rogerf with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jeff Castille with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 monpere with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 164,097 views
    2. thumb_up 575 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 402 posts
    2. attach_file 23 attachments

Search this Thread

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

nakachalet 
siam, west coast andaman sea

Experience: Master
Platform: ninja
Trading: gc, cl, tf, 6e

acbrasil View Post
Hey Guys!

Cloudy, you'll probably remember me because I was sending you my terminal results. Nakachalet, I was the guy that was always talking about double-tops and double-bottoms. I disappeared from trading for a few months because I have been remodling an apartment. I'm still not done yet! I stepped away because I couldn't be at the screen in the morning, and longer-term trades don't seem to work with my personality/risk tolerance.

Now, today was the first day in a LONG while (3-4 months) that I sat at the screen. It's tough!! It's hard to stay focused and interested. My opinion from watching the trials is that Roger is a decent guy with a decent system. The problem, I think for Roger is that I can't find anyone on any serious message boards who have paid for his course that come here to show terminal real trading software results. (Most of us just "tried out" his limited services to non-members). He offered to train someone in another forum for free; I would take him up on an offer like that!! At the end of the "training", even if the styles don't match, then you have a live room that you can go to to hear people doing the same thing as you're doing. It would help to stay focused I think. That would definitely be in Roger's best business interest: he trains someone who is the member of a "community" to honestly tell/show other people how they are doing. Well, if he wants to do that, he knows where I'm at.

Yeah, back when members of futures.io (formerly BMT) could see the trials, I also got wrapped up in the live -vs- demo trading. But being away has given me some time to think about it: it's impossible to anwer questions, and risk live money. The only thing lacking, IMO, is the NinjaTrader results INSTEAD OF speadsheets, or show both. The trading software-generated results (terminal results) are hard to fake. Demo or Live. The only time I have seen where this becomes an issue is when profit targets are VERY SMALL (3-4 ticks). Demo trading is an immediate fill whereas live trading usually has to contend with a higher spreads. I still believe that the basis of his system is sound because I have been using something similar for a while now.

In the meantime, if there're any real paid-up customers who are using his software, I'm sure people are still curious to hear the results. Good or bad. I hope good though because I NEVER see anything positive about vendors. I like to think there are more honest people out there, and not just tricksters.

welcome back with renewed energy and aspiration and renewed determination to make it profitable...., i hope....

IN REF TO ZULU and other successful traders.... i can only attest to everyone that.... those who are making it and making it consistently.... are really not likely to make the scene anywhere public....

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

acbrasil 
somewhere, brazil

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: metatrader
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 23

nakachalet View Post
welcome back with renewed energy and aspiration and renewed determination to make it profitable...., i hope....

IN REF TO ZULU and other successful traders.... i can only attest to everyone that.... those who are making it and making it consistently.... are really not likely to make the scene anywhere public....

Thanks. I just ended up back here because watching the candles paint seems a little boring now. (and I'm procrastiating on the remodling job!). I almost feel like a complete noobie again, looking at the chart, seeing how easy it is to squeeze out a few pips/ticks very easily on low timeframes. We'll see how things go!

It's interesting to see how Felton is still around. I would still love to see some testimonials/charts from clients.

I wouldn't trust anyone at Zulu. So many of those guys perform well, and then SMACK! They lose a lot of money out of nowhere. They are most likely using some sort of EA that goes haywire.

Thanked by:

nakachalet 

if anyone is interested in roger's new stuff

he is presenting at ninjatrader forum today in a couple of minutes

currently, it is tuesday, october 2:35 pm

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

I tried Rogers method a while back and it seemed quite viable to me. I had his chart up for a while
with all the crazy colors and chaos going on. It was like waking up to a performance art concert each morning

I lasted about 1 week before I realized it was just too busy for my psyche.

I, for one, consider Roger a friend and he has always been informative and kind to me.

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

nakachalet 

tderrick View Post
I tried Rogers method a while back and it seemed quite viable to me. I had his chart up for a while
with all the crazy colors and chaos going on. It was like waking up to a performance art concert each morning

I lasted about 1 week before I realized it was just too busy for my psyche.

I, for one, consider Roger a friend and he has always been informative and kind to me.

@ tderrick

glad to know that there are other traders on board here who also consider feltonian viable.

from what happened a few hours ago; roger just did not focus enough on how traders could benefit from his tools of trade, instead he took attendees on tour of his arsenals.

i begged him to just, while he was on a live signal, to just actually enter and live trade, to show us just how potent his expensive tool could do....

well, just hope perhaps his next demo, he would do just that to prove his point and the potency of his tools.

i truly wish him well. even though there are several here who already threw him out for good.

from what i could tell, his tools are much more focused in a few respect, however just as he was trying to reach more general public, he became more diluted in his specificities at the same time.

i think, if he really wants to be on the fore front of trading education and as i humbly sggested many a time before, that he needs to go on live account, like jake, larry, bob, john and hubert et al who trade live on own acct in front of all their students, traders and members.

just a one man opi here.

ironman07 
Kansas City Mo.

Platform: Tradestation
Broker: tradestation
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 47

Ive known roger for quite a while. Ive also sat in on his room enough days to make a informed judgement. The first week i viewed his room I was very disappointed in his results and presentation. More than half the days he came into the room with a profit of 600-700..He didnt show any of the trades but mentioned he had taken them pre market// Since he trades a sim account I was concerned how many sim accounts he might have open. I addressed the question in the open room and never received a answer... Roger 'the dodger' just kept babbling on and tried to change the subject.
Almost 3/4 of his presentation is about how well his magic wand worked earlier that day or week. By my count the first week he actually lost 200-300 counting commissions yet he tried to show he made a average of 750 each day--go figure. After he came into the room he would take a bunch of 5 tick scalps on CL and gold and claim his $1000 goal Im sure the questions has been repeated by others so now he admits to at least 2 sims accounts but no one really knows how many are open at any time.
Also each time i would log into the room some student would PM me asking if he could help answer any questions.. I asked since he claimed to do so well if he could send me a brokerage statement with all the info blanked out... Guess not . Didnt answer back. No real surprise i guess.
If anyone logs into the trial room they will notice there is usually between 17-19 students. its quite strange that I wrote the names down more than a few months ago and recently and almost every name is the same with only maybe 2 new names.for a system claiming to make so much$$ you would think there would be quite a few new students. i guess not. Now Roger is trying to pimp his new code for 300-400 month in addition to the training fee. Roger has been working as this same old routine for over 10 years.
When i brought up the question of slippage with CL and gold he would never address how off his sim figures would be trying to get 5 ticks...Also any time his target was briefly touched and went south he would claim victory.By now everyone should realize the reasons he doesnt trade live. He would get destroyed and couldnt fool all the novices with his multiple sim accounts.
Finally a search will show that this is the second attempt of Felton trading. His first attempt went belly up and he was dark a few years. Older versions of his automation that failed can be found. Research is your friend when it pertains to your $$.

Thanked by:

longboat 
Philadelphia, Pa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp/CQG
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 902
Thanks Received: 217

I also have spend extended periods of weeks over different years in the Felton Trading Room. I must say I do like Roger. It is hard not to like him, but I must agree with Ironman. Many days he enters the room with his sim dome up 500-600 dollars and usually gives most or all of it back in his trading. He will then exit the room and turn it over to Clint who will trade. Roger will keep texting out trades {winners) that he took to bring his totals up to 1k for the day. I am not saying they are bogus trades, but unless I see them done there is no way you can count them in the track record let alone in sim. Clint seems more realistic , but his results are not as good and he takes trades without showing his charts. Traders buying his course can not expect to get those "results". It does look really good as does a lot of methods until traded live.
One of my questions to Roger was if you can pull money out of the market like that, why don't you trade LIVE after leaving the room?!! Why continue to trade in Sim? It would seem that would defeat his argument of not being able to moderate the room and trade at the same time! Right? His response was he was using that time to answer questions (selling) prospects on the system or training people. That tells me it is more lucrative to sell the system than to trade live. Not what I wanted to hear. It is all about the results they can post on the website, which they use to sell the system.
I have also witnessed him completely change his method, his charts and system 4 or 5 times in the last 3-4 years. He also used to have a auto trader called Sniper that self destructed.
If you get a lifetime membership with his course I would expect there would be a lot more traders in his room even if you have to pay for it. There is also ongoing fees just to use the new software. All in all a very expensive system to commit to and you will need the software for life!

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

When you say he starts the room with 6-700 dollars - are you still talking SIM?

He actually spends time on his own, before the room opens.. and SIM trades?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

longboat 
Philadelphia, Pa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp/CQG
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 902
Thanks Received: 217

DionysusToast View Post
When you say he starts the room with 6-700 dollars - are you still talking SIM?

He actually spends time on his own, before the room opens.. and SIM trades?

Yes, he often comes in with 600-700 in Sim dollars, other days enters the room flat. Always sim. Maybe he has 2 sim accounts and starts over if he lost pre room open. Ha

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

longboat View Post
Yes, he often comes in with 600-700 in Sim dollars, other days enters the room flat. Always sim. Maybe he has 2 sim accounts and starts over if he lost pre room open. Ha

There's a site called OrderFlowEdge - do exactly the same thing...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 2, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts