NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one nakachalet with 43 posts (23 thanks)
    2. looks_two rogerf with 40 posts (149 thanks)
    3. looks_3 acbrasil with 25 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 24 posts (63 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rogerf with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jeff Castille with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 monpere with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 164,097 views
    2. thumb_up 575 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 402 posts
    2. attach_file 23 attachments

Search this Thread

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

eDanny 
East Rochester, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 425

Treat every trade like a live trade and your results will be similar, except for slippage etc.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 esplorare 
Phoenix AZ

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja
Trading: oil, gold, silver, selected currency futures and grains
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 17

I don't know about the number of traders using Metatrader vs. Ninja, but I am pretty sure the number using Ninja is very high. It's a good platform when used in conjunction with a good quality real-time data feed and it's very versatile.

Regarding trading sim vs. live, I'd have to agree with eDanny. You need to establish a tight mindset on treating the demo account no different than the live account. If you do not, your sim results will be worthless. A helpful exercise in this regard is to set the dollar amount of your demo account with the exact amount of your live account. This way you will not be tempted to trade 50 contracts and get 3 ticks to fix a trade gone bad. Also, be sure your demo account P&L deducts for commissions and fees on all of your trades.

On another note, moving from sim to live trading is always taxing on the psyche. Your head knows you have real money at risk when you trade live and it drives your emotions to a heightened level. Discipline and controlling your emotions are easy hurdles when trading a demo account; not so for live trading. If your method of trading works consistently in sim, it should also work in live trading. The problem is handling the psychological part of live trading, and that takes serious focus and self-discipline.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

The # of traders on MT4/5 vs. Ninja is probably 1,000 to 1 but just a guess from being around in the forums for a couple years and reading EVERYTHING.

The comments above about going from sim/live is spot-on. I struggled with this myself and would catch myself 'playing' around, but I would also do that with my own cash!

I would do this:

1. Go back to SIM for at least meeting x number of points per day per contract. This includes commissions of course and all other trading costs.

2. Verify the # of contracts is suitable to not make a difference in your mental abilities. For instance, I will trade at MINIMUM 1 contract per 50K when I start up live next time. This is at a point where if I have a bad day it will not sink me mentally. So, even though my account will be much larger, I will still start with 1 contract LIVE and go up after x # of days and making x # of points. (For me it is 2 points per day for 60 trading days)

3. Read books like 'Trading in the Zone' to discover a bit more about your mental self. Understand why you are trading differently.

4. Record your trading sessions and talk as much as you can about how you are feeling, what you are thinking etc.. You can also write all this down of course. Start a journal and document it all. I look back on 1.5 year old videos and am amazed.

5. SIM = LIVE. Period. You have to agree and not cheat yourself that if you click that mouse on SIM, then you just clicked it live. That is why an online journal w/ recording is good (that is why I do it) because it keeps me honest. Yes, there were many days of me not wanting to post.

6. Keep a spreadsheet or tally of your wins/losses, etc.. This will help you understand where you are at statistically and whether you should be moving ahead or not.

7. Learn EFT's, they work, and you don't even have to agree they work! haha... Google "Emotional Freedom Technique's"

8. Discover or understand if anything is distracting you. How can you make the system your own, what could be causing the differences with your trading that are presented in your physical world. For example, I listen to meditation music while I trade. I sometimes meditate prior, and I never open stressful email prior to trading or whatever. No conversations or anything that taxes me prior.

That is all I could think of... Good luck.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 esplorare 
Phoenix AZ

bluemele - good advice, especially about keeping the journal. I have talked with other successful traders using EFT's. They speak highly of their use as well.

Thanked by:

jwhtrades 
woodstock, ga

Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Futures, TF, CL
Thanks Given: 670
Thanks Received: 92

bluemele View Post
The # of traders on MT4/5 vs. Ninja is probably 1,000 to 1 but just a guess from being around in the forums for a couple years and reading EVERYTHING.

The comments above about going from sim/live is spot-on. I struggled with this myself and would catch myself 'playing' around, but I would also do that with my own cash!

I would do this:

1. Go back to SIM for at least meeting x number of points per day per contract. This includes commissions of course and all other trading costs.

2. Verify the # of contracts is suitable to not make a difference in your mental abilities. For instance, I will trade at MINIMUM 1 contract per 50K when I start up live next time. This is at a point where if I have a bad day it will not sink me mentally. So, even though my account will be much larger, I will still start with 1 contract LIVE and go up after x # of days and making x # of points. (For me it is 2 points per day for 60 trading days)

3. Read books like 'Trading in the Zone' to discover a bit more about your mental self. Understand why you are trading differently.

4. Record your trading sessions and talk as much as you can about how you are feeling, what you are thinking etc.. You can also write all this down of course. Start a journal and document it all. I look back on 1.5 year old videos and am amazed.

5. SIM = LIVE. Period. You have to agree and not cheat yourself that if you click that mouse on SIM, then you just clicked it live. That is why an online journal w/ recording is good (that is why I do it) because it keeps me honest. Yes, there were many days of me not wanting to post.

6. Keep a spreadsheet or tally of your wins/losses, etc.. This will help you understand where you are at statistically and whether you should be moving ahead or not.

7. Learn EFT's, they work, and you don't even have to agree they work! haha... Google "Emotional Freedom Technique's"

8. Discover or understand if anything is distracting you. How can you make the system your own, what could be causing the differences with your trading that are presented in your physical world. For example, I listen to meditation music while I trade. I sometimes meditate prior, and I never open stressful email prior to trading or whatever. No conversations or anything that taxes me prior.

That is all I could think of... Good luck.

Great advice. I am close (couple weeks) of going live. I've read "Trading In The Zone" and keep a spreadsheet of my trades, both live and market replay. I struggle each day with lack of concentration, BONEHEAD mistakes like chasing the trade if the market is already trending after what would have been my setup had I been in front of the chart.

Can you tell me what software you use to record your live trade journal? I think that's a great idea.

Thanks in advance.

esplorare 
Phoenix AZ

JWH - The struggles you mention are not unusual, even for traders with many years of experience. In fact, I'm not sure those kinds of things ever disappear completely, but I do think you can get a grip on them over time. The concentration thing is rough; especially when your scalping and you need to focus intently on those screens for long periods of time looking for setups. It's a big problem for me. When I can't find good setups I tend to drift and lose my focus. I try to make a point of not staying at the monitors for too long a period without getting up and leaving the room for while. I also give myself a specific time period to make live trades, usually pre-market to NYSE open, and about 2 hours thereafter. I have come to terms with making as few trades a day as possible to hit a reasonable daily dollar amount goal, allowing only for the best setups. If time passes without finding any, I let it go for the day.This is just me. Others may have different ways of trading. The one thing about this business is there is no one way to do things. It's really about finding your own style, after you have tackled the technical basicsand have arrived at a few reliable setups that produce a high percentage of winners. The psychology part of it is an ongoing journey from my view. All the best with your live work.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

jwhtrades View Post
Great advice. I am close (couple weeks) of going live. I've read "Trading In The Zone" and keep a spreadsheet of my trades, both live and market replay. I struggle each day with lack of concentration, BONEHEAD mistakes like chasing the trade if the market is already trending after what would have been my setup had I been in front of the chart.

Can you tell me what software you use to record your live trade journal? I think that's a great idea.

Thanks in advance.

Camtasia is good, and if you like free, I like Hypercam2

Also there are a few posts on the subject here at Big Mike, so there are plenty to choose from. I think Cjbooth also has an online one you can record.

Good luck.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 acbrasil 
somewhere, brazil

Platform: metatrader
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 23

Thanks for the advice. I have a small update: I switched to mini sizes and I've had majority winners. Yesterday was 3 mini trades, all winners. The "loss" I have is not that big, so once I get back to full lot size, the loss is no big impediment. I think it's more confidence than anything else. Looking back, I should not have demoed for more than 2 weeks. I should have just started with micros and increased the size after a defined milestone like profit or number of winners.

About Mt4 -vs- Ninja. Ninja is BIG, bloated, and expensive. Almost every forex broker in the entire world uses Metratrader and they pass it to the customers at no additional cost. On top of that, for Mt4 users, it's very easy to show off our results, since there are many sites that link in with the MT4 publisher. If people have great results, which are easy to share with the world, and it would be marketing for him.

This field is saturated with snake oil salesman, and people selling systems for lots of money. On top of that, you have competitors that jump onto member boards and post negative comments about the competition. So who can average retail trader believe? Live results!!!

acbrasil 
somewhere, brazil

Platform: metatrader
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 23

Espolrare: Me too-- few trades as possible AND dollar profit target per day work best for me. Before I realized that I had been doing that in demo, I was overtrading way too much.

So everybody, realizing that getting the FT indicators on MT4 was about like winning the lottery, I downloaded Ninjatrader and installed the indicators. But they don't look like Roger's screen in the webinars? Do the indicators really paint the trade names on the screen? I didn't see trade name abbreviations on the screen.

I'm here because I'm a fan of divergence.I'm not so good at recognizing the extended and hidden divergences, and a program that spots those could really come in handy. Does anybody know if that indicator is free or part of the proprietary package?

nakachalet 
siam, west coast andaman sea

Experience: Master
Platform: ninja
Trading: gc, cl, tf, 6e

acbrasil View Post
Roger, I got your email the other day where you said that you made $2,000 demo-dollars trading the CL. I wish that you would make the indicators for Metatrader, since most brokers don't offer NinjaTrader for free. (I tried to install Ninja for a free trial, but it gave me numerous problems. Plus, it's bloated.)

Moreover, I'd love to see some stats on Metatrader to Ninjatrader usage statistics. I bet there's tons more people using Metatrader than Ninja.

I'm asking because when I traded demo for 3 months and did fabulously well. It was like a demo-dollar printing machine for me-- literally thousands per day!! The screens are the exactly the same with the live account-- I had them side by side to compare. Then I switched to real money and I'm already negative. The problem was overtrading. Now I'm a little apprehensive. Got any advice anybody?

generally speaking, those who are in the money, won't have time nor desire to talk with others about their dollars amount profitability. and those who have time to quack quack about how much they made a day, are also generally in the hope mode.

most trading on sim provided by many brokers are at the mercy of the house who provides free services to entice potential future traders by fine tuning their programs to accommodate your trades and orders.... perhaps you are one of those who benefits many ways from their free services?

when you are confident enough to think going on live, do yourself a big favor by contacting signal providers such as esign, ninja et al who also provide free trial period.... and have their live charts next to your current charts....

and sim from live chart from these providers.... to ascertain if there is any real difference in any significant factors.... ok?

what i heard too many times over the past years was the sim traders were very successful in their sim mode and each were very confident in their own trading methods and styles....

and the advisors on line were very helpful and right on target on their advices when on sim....

and most, if not all, eventually burnt up their acct within 3 short months, if they are lucky to last that long....

if you like, post your charts whatever they are here at bg.... and allow the more matured and aged traders.... have a look at what you have and help you along toward profitability....

if you do that, i can almost guarantee that you won't lose all your total initial investment, whatever amount that might be.... K?

good luck and have fun trading. watch out for those salemen and saleladies hiding in profitable trader appearances. also if you like, bring those sale pitches on line here, there are many who could spot who is who right away.... K?

Last Updated on May 2, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts