NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TEN-THOUSAND IN EDUCATION, FINALLY PAYING OFF

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobbyacim with 90 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two monpere with 36 posts (76 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 16 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Xeno with 14 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jstnbrg with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 monpere with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobbyacim with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 95,353 views
    2. thumb_up 447 thanks given
    3. group 46 followers
    1. forum 303 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

TEN-THOUSAND IN EDUCATION, FINALLY PAYING OFF

bobbyacim 
new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: mb trading
Trading: 6e

After spending a small fortune and much sweat, it looks like my trading is turning around.
Discarded most all conventional technical indicators and explored a new approach. Market Profile analysis.
Which takes market data and places it inside a gaussian distribution model. It allows you to see much more than simple open-close, high/low.
It looks at market as a auction process and lets you guage the fair market price as well as the value areas have formed where 70% of participants have traded (+ 1, -1 standard divation). A very holistic view of what is happening and as a result I no longer take a trade based on where the technicals point alone.

I can see major support and resistance levels several days back and well as judge who is trading? long-term traders or short term. Learning this type of analysis is not easy, I have read multiple books on the subject but what really put it into perspective was a Market profile bootcamp from profiletraders.com. The creater is a guy named REZA. Also a lot cheaper than other courses offered out there on market profile.

Shortly I will be posting screen shots of some of my recent succesful trades.

I can not believe I am writing this post considering a few months back when I wrote Ten-thousand and still not profilable, I was about to give up!

Warning, Market profile is not easy to learn and use, but so far I can tell you, it has made a huge difference in my trading results and approach. I will keep you posted.....

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Jeff Castille 
Northern California

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp Futures/ Zen-Fire
Trading: YM and CL
Thanks Given: 1,783
Thanks Received: 3,303

bobbyacim View Post
After spending a small fortune and much sweat, it looks like my trading is turning around.
Discarded most all conventional technical indicators and explored a new approach. Market Profile analysis.
Which takes market data and places it inside a gaussian distribution model. It allows you to see much more than simple open-close, high/low.
It looks at market as a auction process and lets you guage the fair market price as well as the value areas have formed where 70% of participants have traded (+ 1, -1 standard divation). A very holistic view of what is happening and as a result I no longer take a trade based on where the technicals point alone.

I can see major support and resistance levels several days back and well as judge who is trading? long-term traders or short term. Learning this type of analysis is not easy, I have read multiple books on the subject but what really put it into perspective was a Market profile bootcamp from profiletraders.com. The creater is a guy named REZA. Also a lot cheaper than other courses offered out there on market profile.

I can not believe I am writing this post considering a few months back when I wrote Ten-thousand and still not profilable, I was about to give up!

Warning, Market profile is not easy to learn and use, but so far I can tell you, it has made a huge difference in my trading results and approach. I will keep you posted.....

This is tremendous news!!! I am very happy for you.

I am sure the entire forum is interested in how you made your break through......

Congrats!

Jeff

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

rtrade 
Paradise, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Big Charts
Trading: E-mini, Forex, Futures, Equities, Options
Thanks Given: 578
Thanks Received: 378

bobbyacim View Post

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." --- "Therefore, I Believe it and I will see it. And every day and in every way, I am healthier, wealthier, and wiser."
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Tiberius 
Coos County New Hampshire

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,984
Thanks Received: 3,406

looks interesting...................

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	www.profiletraders.png
Views:	1447
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	35846  
Thanked by:

casey44 
Louisville KY

Platform: NT8
Trading: micros
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,039
Thanks Received: 311

Good for you! Thanks for returning and posting.

Thanked by:

emerson 
NYC, NY

Platform: NT, TOS
Broker: NTBrokerage/Continuum & Kinetick
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 294
Thanks Received: 35

Congrats.

If there was one book that I wish I read in the first year of my trading career it would be Mind over Markets by Dalton. The AMT framework is good antidote to viewing the markets like a video game that can be beaten with the latest and greatest new indicator.

Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

word is powerful once you write it out stuff starts to happen.

Thanked by:

zxxaxz 
Springfield

Platform: Ninjatrader, TOS
Trading: eMicros
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 80

And when there are no bids, the auctioneer lowers the starting price to encourage bidders to bid the price up, not to hunt stops.

Thanked by:

bobbyacim 
new york

Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: mb trading
Trading: 6e

emerson View Post
Congrats.

If there was one book that I wish I read in the first year of my trading career it would be Mind over Markets by Dalton. The AMT framework is good antidote to viewing the markets like a video game that can be beaten with the latest and greatest new indicator.

I read it and his other book. i really liked michael jardin "one trade a day" because he combines technicals with market profile, has a nice strategy using virgin point of control. A really great read on market profile was a 6 part guide put out by the Cbot in 1996 that updates Peter Seidlemayer(developer of market profile analysis for trading) work.

You can find it around if you drill down. I found a copy and literally devoured it. I have it in PDf format, it really strieves at a comprehensive explanation of market profile and its use. If I can figure out how to upload it, i will.

Also -Practical trading applications of market profile by alexander trading was an excellant book.

But Reza's market profile bootcamp was the best at making this a useful tool in real-life trading because he discloses his own setups with market profile, the same ones he uses to trade LIVE in his trading room, Yes! he shows the ninja superdom!!!

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 15, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts