NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TEN-THOUSAND IN EDUCATION, FINALLY PAYING OFF

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobbyacim with 90 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two monpere with 36 posts (76 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 16 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Xeno with 14 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jstnbrg with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 monpere with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobbyacim with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 95,353 views
    2. thumb_up 447 thanks given
    3. group 46 followers
    1. forum 303 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

TEN-THOUSAND IN EDUCATION, FINALLY PAYING OFF

bobbyacim 
new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: mb trading
Trading: 6e

Tiberius View Post
looks interesting...................

If someone could step me thru uploading a word document screen shot of two succesful trades I made on the ES a few days ago that neted 7 points using a few techincals for confirmation and MOST importantly market profile tool, I would be happy to share..

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

install jing TechSmith | Jing, instant [AUTOLINK]screenshots[/AUTOLINK] and screencasts, free tour page then capture and save a pic then click manage attachment button and attach it here.

Thanked by:

bobbyacim 
new york

cory View Post
install jing TechSmith | Jing, instant [AUTOLINK]screenshots[/AUTOLINK] and screencasts, free tour page then capture and save a pic then click manage attachment button and attach it here.

o.k. here is my first attempt at posting a screen shot of a trade I made.

Took two trades that day, one at 9:53 for 5 points and another at 9:53 for two points, BOTH WITH 6 TICK STOPLOSS. Used standard indicators for confirmation HOWEVER, the market profile perspective WAS THE MAIN REASON FOR TAKING THEM.

2011-04-04_2102 - bobbyacim's library

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Bobby,

Why don't you start a journal so others can learn and you can document your learning curve?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

bobbyacim View Post
...Took two trades that day, one at 9:53 for 5 points and another at 9:53 for two points, BOTH WITH 6 TICK STOPLOSS. ...

Just curious to know... why did the second trade only returned a profit of two points since they both were executed at the same time, ie, 9:53 ?

nverstop
Ohio

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 18

So risk 12 points to make 7? The old saying taking profit never made anyone go broke is false

Wyckoff Trader
Wellington - New Zealand

Thanks Received: 1

nverstop View Post
So risk 12 points to make 7? The old saying taking profit never made anyone go broke is false

Nope...Risk 12 ticks to make 7 points

nverstop
Ohio

Thanks Received: 18

Wyckoff Trader View Post
Nope...Risk 12 ticks to make 7 points

Thanks cant read apparently.

bobbyacim 
new york

trendisyourfriend View Post
Just curious to know... why did the second trade only returned a profit of two points since they both were executed at the same time, ie, 9:53 ?

My mistake, the second trade was taken at 15:38 as you can see on the screen shot, both had a S.L. of 6 ticks for safety, however i usually use at most a 4-5 tick stop.
I will be posting a screen shot of several trades I made today in a few, complete with the market profile chart on the screen so you can see why and where I took the trades. Keep in mind that market data profile is not a trading indicator per say, it is more of a trading Decision assistant. helps you gauge were sellers and buyers are the strongest and there respective levels. Helps you not take a trade where the move is exhausting.

bobbyacim 
new york

bluemele View Post
Bobby,

Why don't you start a journal so others can learn and you can document your learning curve?

2011-04-06_1303 - bobbyacim's library
2011-04-06_1644 - bobbyacim's library

O.k, for the Market Profile distribution price chart, I bought software from Fin-alg.com for ninjatrader for $249 one time fee. Otherwise you can lease it for $49 per month from some vendors out there.

Although a more effective Stoploss should be based on the characteristics of the market's support and resistance levels or pivots, etc; I do start out with a fixed bracket order in order to enter the trade quickly, once in the trade, I may re-adjust the Stoploss accordingly; O.k, 2 contracts, both 4 tick Stoploss; First contract target is 3 ticks, however in order to get it, the price has to pierce the 4 tick level. So once I am up 3 ticks, I move the stoploss to breakeven in case the market reverses on me before hitting my target(4 ticks) making it basically a free trade.

Second contract target is 12 tick runner, same initial setup of breakeven after 3 ticks and then I rise the Stoploss after every 3 ticks of profit.

1. The first screen shot shows the market-profile screen as well as my candlestick(trading) screen with confirming indicators.The market-profile software records the day as well as the evening session, this gives me a good sense of each sessions distribution range, where the development levels are and the initial balance(first hour of trading, labled A and B) and the value area highs and lows as well as the POC (point of control) for each session.

I will give you a synopsis of some powerful techniques I have learned and use from Reza's market profile Bootcamp and his trading-room.

2. After I have looked at the overall direction of multiple days worth of profiles I will then merge Yesterdays day and nite sessions together to get a composite profile, this is shown in the second screenshot, sorry if the details are a bit smudgy in the picture.

3. From this composite, I can see that yesterdays Value high area was at 1332, yesterday's POC was at 1328.50 and yesterdays value area low was at 13.27.00. These become key reference points when todays market opens at 9:30 a.m.

Todays action: I see that TPO "A" opens and goes up and then sellers force it down creating a single print "A" at the top, this is called Minus development or a selling tail. Then starting at 10.a.m. TPO "B" opens reaches the open of "A" and then quickly heads down and violates the prevous day's Value area high. Then TPO "C" reaches the top of "B" and continues the assult on prevous days's Value area High, basically what we now have is a 'ledge" or a triple top in Non M.P. terms. When "C" retraces close to Todays's value area high as much as possible, I will ENTER at "D" when it violates yesterdays value area high for a first target of yesterday's POC and second target at the far end (Value area low) of yesterday balance developmet.

Several things I considered for the trade; The high of "B" was lower than the high of "A" and "C" 's high never went above the high of "B". Also the market was moving heavily below the open of "A" and the open of "B" which indicates a DOWN Cycle is forming. The ledge of A,B,C with minus development of the selling tail gave me confidence above the ledge would be a safe place for a stoploss.

In addition to this classic trade, I took two others. my score is 3 trades taken, two achieved profitability.

The insight that I have gained from using market profile is something I would find impossible to know with just price bars or technical indicators alone. However the skill of learning how to use market profile takes time to learn. Reza's Market-Profile bootcamp was the key for me.

Last Updated on March 15, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts