NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TEN-THOUSAND IN EDUCATION, FINALLY PAYING OFF

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobbyacim with 90 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two monpere with 36 posts (76 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 16 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Xeno with 14 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jstnbrg with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 monpere with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobbyacim with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 95,410 views
    2. thumb_up 447 thanks given
    3. group 46 followers
    1. forum 303 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

TEN-THOUSAND IN EDUCATION, FINALLY PAYING OFF

jstnbrg 
Chicago, Illinois

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader, TT, InvestorRT
Broker: Advantage Futures, Ninja/TT and InvestorRT/IQFeed.
Trading: Treasury futures
Thanks Given: 194
Thanks Received: 911

Post # 98 on this thread.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows..."
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 Xeno 
UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Mirus/Zen
Trading: Futures - bonds, currencies, index
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 274

jstnbrg View Post
Hi, I'm glad to see you're still around. I thought maybe you'd finally thrown in the towel, which IMO would have been a pity if you were finally having some success.

I didn't see anywhere on this thread where he had success, although maybe I missed it. IMO that is the number one problem. If you want to be successful at trading, the very first thing you need to do is know how to define it, and he hasn't even got close.

Thanked by:

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

Jeff Castille View Post
Felton Trading..........what is free to futures.io (formerly BMT) elite members?

Lifetime access to the live trading room......AND......the elite indicator downloads.....these include: Felton Cycle, Felton Momentum, Felton Trigger, Felton Bands, Felton Bar Counter, Felton Trend MA.

What is not free.........to anyone.......personal mentoring AND the indicator that identifies Roger's 5 set ups in realtime.

Clear?

I think Felton also has regular training sessions outside of market hours, are those available free as well to futures.io (formerly BMT) users?

Thanked by:
 jstnbrg 
Chicago, Illinois

Xeno View Post
I didn't see anywhere on this thread where he had success, although maybe I missed it. IMO that is the number one problem. If you want to be successful at trading, the very first thing you need to do is know how to define it, and he hasn't even got close.

I don't disagree. Statistically 9 trades is nothing. But he's been working at this a long time, and something felt different to him that time (when he was studying Market Profile). Maybe Master Reza just got him in a more confident frame of mind. In my opinion his emotions are a giant part of his problem, and you can see it from his posts. He went from being defensive and sometimes hostile (in his other thread) to being manic in this thread followed by , I guess, enraged at himself. Most but not all of the best traders I've known are emotionally flat. (I did know one guy, a huge and wildly successful yield curve trader, who was just combative all the time, but at least he was consistent). When I'm trading well, that's my state of mind (flat), and I monitor my state of mind all the time for signs I'm getting emotional.

You can't discount the possibility that @bobbyacim just doesn't have the right emotional makeup to be a trader. It wouldn't mean he was an unsuccessful guy, but IMO it really does take a special type of personality to make it in this business. Hard work and desire alone won't cut it. I'd love to be a professional golfer, but it ain't gonna happen no matter how hard I try. And at some point you have to ask whether you're leaving too many other opportunities on the table while chasing a dream.

This is not intended in any way to be a negative post. Only @bobbyacim can know what his best options are, I just think he needs to consider all the alternatives.

Thanked by:
 Xeno 
UK

Platform: Ninja
Broker: Mirus/Zen
Trading: Futures - bonds, currencies, index
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 274

jstnbrg View Post
I don't disagree. Statistically 9 trades is nothing. But he's been working at this a long time, and something felt different to him that time (when he was studying Market Profile). Maybe Master Reza just got him in a more confident frame of mind. In my opinion his emotions are a giant part of his problem, and you can see it from his posts.

Agreed. I guess what I find odd is that I can understand emotions - they're hard to control, but to ignore hard facts as they've been presented on this thread, well that just smacks of utter denial.

Thanked by:

Jeff Castille 
Northern California

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp Futures/ Zen-Fire
Trading: YM and CL
Thanks Given: 1,783
Thanks Received: 3,303

monpere View Post
I think Felton also has regular training sessions outside of market hours, are those available free as well to futures.io (formerly BMT) users?

No.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

jstnbrg View Post
I don't disagree. Statistically 9 trades is nothing. But he's been working at this a long time, and something felt different to him that time (when he was studying Market Profile). Maybe Master Reza just got him in a more confident frame of mind. In my opinion his emotions are a giant part of his problem, and you can see it from his posts. He went from being defensive and sometimes hostile (in his other thread) to being manic in this thread followed by , I guess, enraged at himself. Most but not all of the best traders I've known are emotionally flat. (I did know one guy, a huge and wildly successful yield curve trader, who was just combative all the time, but at least he was consistent). When I'm trading well, that's my state of mind (flat), and I monitor my state of mind all the time for signs I'm getting emotional.

You can't discount the possibility that @ bobbyacim just doesn't have the right emotional makeup to be a trader. It wouldn't mean he was an unsuccessful guy, but IMO it really does take a special type of personality to make it in this business. Hard work and desire alone won't cut it. I'd love to be a professional golfer, but it ain't gonna happen no matter how hard I try. And at some point you have to ask whether you're leaving too many other opportunities on the table while chasing a dream.

This is not intended in any way to be a negative post. Only @ bobbyacim can know what his best options are, I just think he needs to consider all the alternatives.

If you find that you don't have the emotional requirement, or what I believe to be an inbred ability to be a discretionary trader, then I suggest looking for a strict historically proven mechanical method. This approach will remove the bulk of the natural emotional entanglements involved with making continual trading decisions, because all that will now built into the method itself and its expectancy. Then, the only factor left to deal with is, are you well capitalized enough for the chosen method.

Thanked by:
 jstnbrg 
Chicago, Illinois

monpere View Post
If you find that you don't have the emotional requirement, or what I believe to be an inbred ability to be a discretionary trader, then I suggest looking for a strict historically proven mechanical method. This approach will remove the bulk of the natural emotional entanglements involved with making continual trading decisions, and shift all that stuff to the expectancy of the method itself. Then, the only factor left to deal with is, are you well capitalized enough for the chosen method.

Got any suggestions?

Thanked by:

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Any method can be traded that way. Just break down your setups to a strict rule set, including strict trade management, entries, exits, stop movements. Backtest those rules with no deviation, and with discipline. If they prove themselves historically, then you can move forward trading those rules with discipline, no cherry picking, and no on the fly market analysis, interpretation, and egotistical shenanigans.

Take every signal that meets every rule of the method. If you notice any new patterns of failure in certain trades, then setup a filtering rule for these occurrences, then go back and re backtest the method with that new rule added, and if the new stats are positive, then you've just improved your method.

Just trust the stats you derived, knowing that you will expect x percent of losing trades in general. Don't fool around by thinking you can outdo the method by trying to cherry pick only good trades, or try to outperform the market through analysis, or try to outsmart those few special traders out there with that uncanny inbred ability to take your money every time you try to match wits with them.

Thanked by:

bobbyacim 
new york

Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: mb trading
Trading: 6e

monpere View Post
If you find that you don't have the emotional requirement, or what I believe to be an inbred ability to be a discretionary trader, then I suggest looking for a strict historically proven mechanical method. This approach will remove the bulk of the natural emotional entanglements involved with making continual trading decisions, because all that will now built into the method itself and its expectancy. Then, the only factor left to deal with is, are you well capitalized enough for the chosen method.

Hi again,

INTERESTING viewpoints; all with a degree of validity. Hey, does anyone have a purely mechanical system that historically is proven to make money. I know the ones I have tried in the last 6 years (approx 20)and over 5000 hrs of chart time have worked for a little while, then market changes and system becomes unprofitable.

Recently I was even emulating/adapting the Felton style by trading hidden divergence only, even used some of his indicators he so generiously gave to this forum. A large number of them where profitable, until I started getting progressively more losers than winners and then not even 1:2 (risk-reward ratio) could'nt keep my account from being grind-down slowly but surely.

I 'm down 2k after 21 trades, I am stopping!!!!!
may recharge my account 1K, but will not trade live until/if I have a major break-thru.

Thanks again

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 15, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts