NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TEN-THOUSAND IN EDUCATION, FINALLY PAYING OFF

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobbyacim with 90 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two monpere with 36 posts (76 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 16 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Xeno with 14 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jstnbrg with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 monpere with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobbyacim with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 95,410 views
    2. thumb_up 447 thanks given
    3. group 46 followers
    1. forum 303 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

TEN-THOUSAND IN EDUCATION, FINALLY PAYING OFF

bobbyacim 
new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: mb trading
Trading: 6e

Big Mike View Post
Sorry, but you may have heard me but I don't think you really were listening... at this point Bobby, I really feel you are simply one of the individuals who is not cut out for trading. Do not get upset about it, after all, it is just my opinion and even more than that, trading simply is not for everyone. There are a lot of professions that are not for "everyone", it takes the right kind of person sometimes to really excel in a profession.

Mike

Thank you SO much BIG Mike for your honest opinion, I did say 'bring it on"

And you want to know something, it even carries more weight, when it is said by someone who has Proven that they are consistantly profitable at this game, cause even I have occasional winners!
As I I recall, you have re-vamped your trade setup a few times.Why?

So I hope you are one of these, but until I know for sure if you are, I will continue.... if its o.k. with you?

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

eudamonia 
Sacramento, CA

Experience: None
Platform: None
Broker: ADM and Sierra Charts
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 308
Thanks Received: 449

bobbyacim View Post
I will continue.... if its o.k. with you?

Your last sentence reveals a lot of the reason why you are struggling with trading. A successful trader doesn't rely on anyone or anything that they haven't proven to themselves. Do you know the statistics of your method? Have you tested it? What is the expectancy, the MAE, MFE, win ratio, etc. Do you have the capital to trade it? Do you have the emotional wherewithal to trade it?

The most successful trader I know (who works for a hedge fund in London) told me - you must know what you are doing. Do you know what you are doing when it comes to trading Bobby? Or are you relying on faith/luck/gambling machismo? What Mike is suggesting is that you don't know what you are doing (and he's probably right). Put in the hard time (20-30 hours a week on the simulator for several months) and come back with some statistics. Then you will know the right questions to ask. And you probably won't need Mike's or my opinion - because you will know what you are doing.

P.S. As I guy who trades the ES everyday I can tell you that your "method" for trading the ES is gonna end in sadness. I use Market Profile to identify levels, look for TICK divergences, and verify my feel for the level using Bid/Ask Vol at price. I'm not even sophisticated compared to the guys who really trade this market well.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobbyacim 
new york

eudamonia View Post
Your last sentence reveals a lot of the reason why you are struggling with trading. A successful trader doesn't rely on anyone or anything that they haven't proven to themselves. Do you know the statistics of your method? Have you tested it? What is the expectancy, the MAE, MFE, win ratio, etc. Do you have the capital to trade it? Do you have the emotional wherewithal to trade it?

The most successful trader I know (who works for a hedge fund in London) told me - you must know what you are doing. Do you know what you are doing when it comes to trading Bobby? Or are you relying on faith/luck/gambling machismo? What Mike is suggesting is that you don't know what you are doing (and he's probably right). Put in the hard time (20-30 hours a week on the simulator for several months) and come back with some statistics. Then you will know the right questions to ask. And you probably won't need Mike's or my opinion - because you will know what you are doing.

SORRY, I thought everyone knew from the inception of this thread that I have put in 6 years, over 5000 chart hours, weekends replaying the markets on my ninjatrader, sim trading until my fingers trembled. Lost my last girlfriend to trading, I Am on my 2nd 15k account, that has taken me a lifetime to save.

And, I 'm extremely sorry that I have no control over people that talk out of their A_ _ H_ _ _ s !!!!!!!

iTrade2golf
Nashville, TN

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 79

bobbyacim View Post
SORRY, I thought everyone knew from the inception of this thread that I have put in 6 years, over 5000 chart hours, weekends replaying the markets on my ninjatrader, sim trading until my fingers trembled. Lost my last girlfriend to trading, I Am on my 2nd 15k account, that has taken me a lifetime to save.

I 'm sorry that I have no control over people that talk out of their A_ _ H_ _ _ s !!!!!!!

6 years and over 5000 chart hours and you still are unable to get a consistently profitable system

That should tell you either of two things

1. That you are not capable of being a trader either by you personal traits, patience, focus, discipline, work ethic, intelligence

2. Or you have been doing it absolutely incorrect and you should listen to experienced veteran traders who make a very good living doing this and know how to guide someone to success if they have the ability to succeed in this game.

P.S. Please stop being so pretentious by asking for Proof, because you are the one that has spent $10K on someone else doing your work for you, people do not buy success, they achieve it

Thanked by:

bobbyacim 
new york

iTrade2golf View Post
6 years and over 5000 chart hours and you still are unable to get a consistently profitable system

That should tell you either of two things

1. That you are not capable of being a trader either by you personal traits, patience, focus, discipline, work ethic, intelligence

2. Or you have been doing it absolutely incorrect and you should listen to experienced veteran traders who make a very good living doing this and know how to guide someone to success if they have the ability to succeed in this game.

P.S. Please stop being so pretentious by asking for Proof, because you are the one that has spent $10K on someone else doing your work for you, people do not buy success, they achieve it

If it is true that approx 95% of the people who try this fail within 1 year, I hope many of them are on this forum and read your words and heed your warning. Because if this happens, you will have saved alot of souls out there from economic self distruction. Thank you

Oh, by the way, I suppose you are one of those who "walks the talk"
So congrats on being a succesful and profitable trader!

iTrade2golf
Nashville, TN

bobbyacim View Post
If it is true that approx 95% of the people who try this fail within 1 year, I hope many of them are on this forum and read your words and heed your warning. Because if this happens, you will have saved alot of souls out there from economic self distruction. Thank you

Oh, by the way, I suppose you are one of those who "walks the talk"
So congrats on being a succesful and profitable trader!

Put everything that is said on this thread away for now and realize one thing because you don't get it. This thread is about YOU and helping YOU and all you are making it about is other people doing your work and other people proving themselves and other people this and other people that, stick to what this thread is and that is helping YOU find your way and your way may not be to trade and it is definitely not to trade the way you have been doing for the last 6+ years and when you get back on that track and listen and learn you may get to where you need to be, where ever that is...

You should read about Paul in the Bible and what it tells you about yourself, that would be my recommendation at this time, since my first one was ignored, you are no closer to knowing yourself TOTALLY than when I first opened and read this thread only because of the title, at first you finally had it and now you are searching yet again

Thanked by:

eudamonia 
Sacramento, CA

Experience: None
Platform: None
Broker: ADM and Sierra Charts
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 308
Thanks Received: 449

bobbyacim View Post

And, I 'm extremely sorry that I have no control over people that talk out of their A_ _ H_ _ _ s !!!!!!!

And yet you are trading the ES like a person who has less than 2 months of experience!? You really have only learned to use CCI divergences with a retail (crappy) entry and an arbitrary stop after all that time? It is no wonder you are losing money. And I'm the one talking out of my nether region? ORLY?

The market doesn't care that you put in hard work or spent X hours on the charts. The market doesn't care what your situation is with your girlfriend. The market certainly is happy to take your money. The only thing that matters in the market is the ability to perform. Either you can trade well (positive expectancy) or you can't. Clearly you've proven to yourself that you can't right? So quit. Or perhaps you haven't worked nearly as hard as you let on. You haven't tracked your statistics. You haven't done your homework. You don't know what you are doing. Or you do and you should quit. Seems pretty straight forward.

Now will you actually do the work required to prove it to yourself that trading is possible/impossible? Or won't you? Asking an anonymous poster on the internet (no matter what their answer) is about as relevant to your trading as praying to a Mayan god for salvation. No one can prove it to you. No one else's results will ever matter. You've proven you can lose money consistently right? That money has to go somewhere right? Now can you turn that around and be the taker rather than the takee?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobbyacim 
new york

iTrade2golf View Post
Put everything that is said on this thread away for now and realize one thing because you don't get it. This thread is about YOU and helping YOU and all you are making it about is other people doing your work and other people proving themselves and other people this and other people that, stick to what this thread is and that is helping YOU find your way and your way may not be to trade and it is definitely not to trade the way you have been doing for the last 6+ years and when you get back on that track and listen and learn you may get to where you need to be, where ever that is...

You should read about Paul in the Bible and what it tells you about yourself, that would be my recommendation at this time, since my first one was ignored, you are no closer to knowing yourself TOTALLY than when I first opened and read this thread only because of the title, at first you finally had it and now you are searching yet again

Itrade2golf,

You are missing my point because you are too wrapped up in yours.
This thread is not about me as you state.
It is about the us! Otherwise, there would not have been 12,000 views on my first thread and almost 10,000 on this one! And over 30,000 laments in one form or another on this entire forum. take a look around my brother....

I think it was Henry Thoreau who once said the Most people lead lives of quiet desperation. It may appear that most struggling traders do too. If you take a look around at the hundred or so threads on this forum and the countless number of other trading forums, you might come to the conclusion that my current reality of my trading results IS NOT UNIQUE TO ME ALONE.

I know you mean well and from the bottom of my heart I really do appreciate the critique and the bible reference as well cause I too have read it TWICE in my lifetime.
All I am saying is STOP coming across like you know all the answers and then going about defining a set of reasons why I am not succesful in my trading.
Because unless you are definitively successful and profitable in your trading, you stand on weak ground to JUDGE conclusively why I or any of the other 30,000 readers on the forum are still struggling.

Since you are a student of the bible, I would like to quote Matthew 7.3

"Why do you look at the speck of saw dust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

Please keep the "positive" crtiques coming and hold off on the implications of "bobby you don't have what it takes"
until the curtain call. Believe me, time will tell if it really is true.

My personal feeling is that Big Mike was a little pre-mature in saying this to me, but at least he qualified it by saying "it was only his opionion".

God bless you, and keep those good tradeS coming, maybe I can learn something.

Don't you get it!!!

bobbyacim 
new york

eudamonia View Post
And yet you are trading the ES like a person who has less than 2 months of experience!? You really have only learned to use CCI divergences with a retail (crappy) entry and an arbitrary stop after all that time? It is no wonder you are losing money. And I'm the one talking out of my nether region? ORLY?

The market doesn't care that you put in hard work or spent X hours on the charts. The market doesn't care what your situation is with your girlfriend. The market certainly is happy to take your money. The only thing that matters in the market is the ability to perform. Either you can trade well (positive expectancy) or you can't. Clearly you've proven to yourself that you can't right? So quit. Or perhaps you haven't worked nearly as hard as you let on. You haven't tracked your statistics. You haven't done your homework. You don't know what you are doing. Or you do and you should quit. Seems pretty straight forward.

Now will you actually do the work required to prove it to yourself that trading is possible/impossible? Or won't you? Asking an anonymous poster on the internet (no matter what their answer) is about as relevant to your trading as praying to a Mayan god for salvation. No one can prove it to you. No one else's results will ever matter. You've proven you can lose money consistently right? That money has to go somewhere right? Now can you turn that around and be the taker rather than the takee?

Sincerely and NOT Sarcastically, THANK YOU for your perspective.
I may be fragile and sometimes easily bruised by what I may percieve to be insensitive remarks, but I am not stupid, I can see the forest between the trees (I think...LOL)

Well, if I blow my account, I WILL PUBLICLY COME ON HERE AND APOLOGIZE TO YOU AND THE OTHERS FOR TRYING TO SAVE ME FROM POVERTY. IF I TRADE MY WAY INTO THE BLACK, I EXPECT YOU GUYS TO JOIN ME IN A BEER HERE IN NEW YORK CITY, WHAT DO YOU SAY?

iTrade2golf
Nashville, TN

bobbyacim View Post
Itrade2golf,

You are missing my point because you are too wrapped up in yours.
This thread is not about me as you state.
It is about the us! Otherwise, there would not have been 12,000 views on my first thread and almost 10,000 on this one! And over 30,000 laments in one form or another on this entire forum. take a look around my brother....

I think it was Henry Thoreau who once said the Most people lead lives of quiet desperation. It may appear that most struggling traders do too. If you take a look around at the hundred or so threads on this forum and the countless number of other trading forums, you might come to the conclusion that my current reality of my trading results IS NOT UNIQUE TO ME ALONE.

I know you mean well and from the bottom of my heart I really do appreciate the critique and the bible reference as well cause I too have read it TWICE in my lifetime.
All I am saying is STOP coming across like you know all the answers and then going about defining a set of reasons why I am not succesful in my trading.
Because unless you are definitiively succesful and profitable in your trading, you stand on weak ground to JUDGE conclusively why I or any of the other 30,000 readers on the forum are still struggling.

Since you are a student of the bible, I would like to quote Matthew 7.3

"Why do you look at the speck of saw dust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

Please keep the "positive" crtiques coming and hold off on the implications of "bobby you don't have what it takes"
until the curtain call.

My personal feeling is that Big Mike was a little pre-mature in saying this to me, but at least he qualified it by saying "it was only his opionion.

God bless you, and keep those good trader coming, maybe I and the others can learn something.

Don't you get it!!!

I have read your thread and I see the desperation in your words and I offered to you for free what was given to me for free, by someone who I knew personally face to face not on a forum. He mentored and guided me to being a successful trader in my own way.

I have in no way said I have all the answers, quite the contrary I merely said to try something different that was given to me from a proven professional as you wanted.

If you were trying to find help for yourself and other who came across this thread then you would listen and explore alternative approaches than the masses since the masses are 95% and they fail.

As for the Matthew 7:3 reference I am in no way judging you of your sins, I am merely telling you that you may need to look at another profession or change you approach.

bobbyacim I wish you well in your journey and I am at this time done with this thread and will not allow it to take any more of my time

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 15, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts