NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Simple Trendline Bounce

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one babypowder with 36 posts (47 thanks)
    2. looks_two cory with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 vegasfoster with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one ThatManFromTexas with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Eric j with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 babypowder with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cory with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 13,004 views
    2. thumb_up 64 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 50 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

Simple Trendline Bounce

babypowder 
Brooklyn, NY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus/IB/FinFx
Trading: ES, Forex
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 199

Hey futures.io (formerly BMT) fam,

Inspired by AR01, Eric J and many others. hopefully I can post frequently. I like to keep track of a simple method (trendline bounce/break). For those full-time workers higher time frames would be best. I choose 240 mins and 4 markets to start but can change. (Varies from time to time)
The further back the trendline the better also the reactions of candles to the trendline i.e hammer/doji/shooting star also best.

Pros: - great risk/reward (stop place close to TL/ target can be previous LL/HH *discretionary)
- plain simple

Cons: - TL itself, you will redraw lines many times. Tip- chose TL that has held before/start TL in previous 2 swings with the immediate trend.

............................................................................................................................................................................
6E- Here is a zoomed out pic with TL drawn. 6E far - babypowder's library
6E- Here is a closer look. If price approaches the TL again (circled), you should be aggressive with your profit taking as a HH was not made, wedge might cont. to form and Japan news. Or if trading 2 cars hold 1 for a wedge break with trend cont. 6e - babypowder's library

................................................................................................................................................................................
CL- zoomed out with TL's drawn. CL - babypowder's library
CL- closer look. Major up TL in tacked, steep short term down trend holding. You can jump on whatever gives 1st, enter on major TL bounce or break of short term TL both to the upside. Cl close - babypowder's library

................................................................................................................................................................................
ES- zoomed out with TLs drawn. TL broken retracement in bigger TF. ES - babypowder's library
ES- close up. Major up TL not looking right in addition a wedge was forming and broke down, drew a short term TL potential bounce play since price blew pass the previous HL swing support. 2011-03-16_1822 - babypowder's library

.....................................................................................................................................................................................
SI-zoomed out with TLs drawn. Major up TL broken may see retracement at previous swing (horizontal line). 2011-03-16_1829 - babypowder's library
SI- close up. Short term down TL, wait for price to break that long hammer 1st before entering short bounce play. 2011-03-16_1838 - babypowder's library

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
 AR01 
CA

Platform: MT4, Ninja Trader
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 400
Thanks Received: 628

Good Luck.

It took me a while to get comfortable posting but it has been worth it.

Andrew

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

Thanks for the pics babypowder-- (you may want to remove vertical/horizontal and data session lines from your charts with such a large time frame as the trendlines aren't as easily visible to the eyes! Thanks and I like the idea of longer TF trading in theory.

Thanked by:

babypowder 
Brooklyn, NY

SI - no LL made so TL bounce play is off. 2011-03-17_2238 - babypowder's library
CL- to late on TL bounce play left without us. 2011-03-17_2301 - babypowder's library
6E- to late on TL bounce play. 2011-03-17_2303 - babypowder's library
ES - *The only filled @ TL bounce. Stop placed 1 tick above last pullback (look at the candlesticks tail) 2011-03-17_2305 - babypowder's library
......................................................................................................................................................................
Josh will clear charts on next post.

babypowder 
Brooklyn, NY

Interesting algofutures.com has sell signals @ this area will see how it plays out. (Currently ES trade)

babypowder 
Brooklyn, NY

ES results on short bounce play -562.50 (2 contracts).

Eric j 
NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Esignal, MBT navigator
Trading: Currencies
Thanks Given: 1,396
Thanks Received: 2,576

Nice thread BP ! We must be channelling each other subconciously since Ive been paying closer attention to tls lately . I found the tls useful as a SR level with the trend , like a flag . Futures you got the benefit of volume and volume drying up as price reaches the tl is a really stong signal .

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

babypowder 
Brooklyn, NY

CL- Classic head and shoulders forming in current channel, I will play this if everything lines up until the major TL (bottom channel). Then if tagged can be a potential bull bounce play going back up (top of channel). 2011-03-20_1603 - babypowder's library
Additional info on H&S @ Head and Shoulders Price Pattern
...................................................................................................................................................................................
SI- Bullish flag is forming, and Brach Zone .62/,786 retracement (rectangle). I would only play long bounce play off of bottom flag TL, if it comes back down, I might have missed it. 2011-03-20_1621 - babypowder's library
**A definite read **Additional info on Brach Zone @ Brach Zone Setup- .62/,786 retracement
...................................................................................................................................................................................
ES- Short term TL break, I am looking for a retest of this TL which also lines up with the Brach Zone .62/786 retracement area for a long bounce play. 2011-03-20_1628 - babypowder's library
..................................................................................................................................................................................
6E- Zoomed out we see a bottleneck/ flag forming. 2011-03-20_1633 - babypowder's library
6E- Zoomed in I would play a break not bounce of either lines. Resistance @ 11/7 last high or TL as support we will wait and see. 2011-03-20_1635 - babypowder's library The way the candles are progressively forming (short steady candles not long steep slope candle) tells me that resistance @ 4250 area will likely hold. The idea behind this is if a car is driving 100m/hr speeds to a brick wall it will break through vs. a 20m/hr speed car in which the wall will likely hold. Again this is not alway the case. We will see.

Thanked by:

babypowder 
Brooklyn, NY

Thanks EJ,
After trial and errors i found that TL will give you better entries and most importantly were I want my stops.

Last Updated on May 25, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts