NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Growing A Small account - Have to start somewhere

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cgleckman with 19 posts (16 thanks)
    2. looks_two Eric j with 2 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobarian with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Eric j with 3.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Ryanb with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Mickey Caine with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cgleckman with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 5,549 views
    2. thumb_up 28 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 26 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

Growing A Small account - Have to start somewhere

cgleckman
Northridge, California

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 18

So I am just getting ready to get some rest and I wanted to post my last thoughts on the day. It was another slow day, alot of trends continuing slightly and now falling back down the last few hours. Some new trends have formed on the NZD/USD and EUR/USD. I have trades pending but haven't triggered yet.

I am also keeping an eye on the EUR/JPY but I am very careful around the jpy right now. If I dont see the trade trigger by the time I go to sleep I will be removing the EUR/JPY...

Umm... I did a 5 minute chart trade today for the first time since I started the journal. I was trying out my system on a shorter time frame. So far i am up 3 pips and just seeing where it goes.

All I can say is patience is testing me and that eventually the new trades will form. I am waiting until then

Anyway have a good night all. I haven't posted any charts because if the trades trigger i will post them then.

So i was looking through my charts one last time before bed and realized that there are some potential trades on charts I dont normally trade. I am going to give these a shot.. They are USD/CAD, EUR/CHF, USD/JPY... Also because new resistance levels have formed I have addition trades pending on EUR/USD and EUR/JPY... I am extremely nervous because I know have 7 trades pending... This seems like over trading but I promised myself I would take every trade I saw present itself... Now this could devastate my account or it could do alot for me... I am very nervous currently. I am considering waking up in a few hours to check whats happened.

Current Trades Active: None

Current Trades Pending: NZD/USD | EUR/USD | USD/CAD | USD/JPY | EUR/CHF

Currently Watching: Everything! (Particularly EUR/JPY )

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
cgleckman
Northridge, California

Oh man what a day it was yesterday. First off, I never had a chance to come on and post my journals for yesterday, it was just one of those busy days.

Anyway I am going to do a double post now and explain everything that went on yesterday.

So I left here not last night but the night before with 7 trades pending. All of the trades triggered over that night and I woke up in the morning down a large amount. I altered some of my stops and then let the trades run.

I ended the day yesterday positive 137 with 3 out of the 7 trades being winners. Not to bad. I was ok with that, but then I had the brilliant idea to add more trades last night before I went to sleep.

Oh man do I feel stupid now. I placed the trades and went to sleep only to come back this morning and realize that I hadnt put stops on and I lost all of yesterdays profits and now I am down 29 pips including the trades from yesterday. Still 29 pips is recoverable.

Anyway I am out of every trade except the USD/JPY which really has gone NO where since it triggered.

Now for some self evaluation.

Mainly the question in my head is: why did I place those stupid trades and forget stops?

The answer is easy I let the emotions get the better of me and i got greedy. I placed trades that didnt follow my rules

1) waiting for the trade to form
2) dont go into trades that are already trending without a clear sign of continuation
3) be patient.

I litterally broke all 3 of these rules last night because I wanted to make more money, instead it hit me back in the face and I am pretty much back down to where i was starting of day yesterday just down an extra 29 pips.

Now I realize that I said before I wasnt going to say the pips and I was going to post charts,
however in this case I needed to post those pips so I can look back and slap myself in the face lol.

Also I am not posting charts for all of these trades because clearly 7 trades woulds be 14 charts and it seems a bit over kill now that they are done and over with and because today is a new day.

Anyway thats all for now and I do have new trades pending.

Current Trades Active: USD/JPY

Current Trades Pending: EUR/USD

Currently Watching: Everything.,.. waiting for new trends

cgleckman
Northridge, California

Rough last two days. a couple of trades didnt go my way. Actually all of them didnt. I ended up this week, down about 50 pips. Was a good lesson though, not everything can go my way. Nothing really else to post. Just need to follow my system and let the trades run longer.

have a good weekend all.

No current trades active, watched, or pending.

Thanked by:
cgleckman
Northridge, California

So I have been kind of discouraged with trades lately. The market just seems to know when I place a trade and it immediately reverses once it triggers. I know this isnt true but its whats in my head, or was in my head.

I took the last 2 days to really clear my head (I had a crazy weekend so I didn't have time). Anyway I am back and refreshed.

I meant to post last night that I was placing trades but I never got to it due to midterms and what not today. (SPRING BREAK NEXT WEEK!)

Anyway I am currently in a Eur/Usd, Usd/Chf, Nzd/Usd, Aud/Usd, and a Eur/Jpy trade.

I dont have much more to report currently. All i know is I need to just follow my system and let the trades run!

Current Trades Active: EUR/USD(buy) (50%) | USD/CHF(100%) | NZD/USD(50%) | EUR/JPY (50%)

Current Trades Pending: EUR/USD (sell) | GBP/USD

Currently Watching: Everything.,.. waiting for new trends

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,207
Thanks Received: 101,599

Were your trades on plan? Talk about your entries as well as exits, were they sound? Don't get discouraged, get realistic.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
cgleckman
Northridge, California

Big Mike View Post
Were your trades on plan? Talk about your entries as well as exits, were they sound? Don't get discouraged, get realistic.

Mike

My entries were all according to the system. I took my entries 10 pips above the closing of the candle that showed the signs of a new trend. My exits are my stops, or I am trying to make it that way. I am focusing this system to be one where I do not have to watch it all day long because I am in college and I cant always be at a computer. So I try and move my stops up to resistances levels as they form and what not. All of my exits were done by stops and it worked out well.

Yes the trades had been up more then what they were when I was taken out but like I said, I didnt have to sit in front of the computer all day since I had classes and what not.

This week ended very weird. I was down a lot towards the start and now I have ended at just about break even for the week. Since it was the last day of the month yesterday, I can say that in the last 2 weeks I have done pretty well. Still Have all of my gains from the first week. and I recovered the losses from last week. So all in all not a bad start to a new system. I am glad that it is starting to show signs of working and working well.

Since its Friday and I have no current trades pending I am just going to say once again...

Have a good weekend all and see you next week! I will not be trading Monday or Tuesday because I will be on SPRING BREAK! Yes I am taking a small 2 day vacation. So Wednesday, its back to business!

cgleckman
Northridge, California

Nothing very special to report. Leaving for Morongo with some friends for 1 night for some vacation time during my spring break. I will be back Wednesday and resume trading then! I am going to start using larger amounts at that time.

Last Updated on April 4, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts