NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 143,907 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

friday
4/27/2012
2 trades
very tight range today, i came back home, and the charts are so tight.There was tremendous churn midday, which eventually led to the break higher.In retrospect, there was a trade there, which i point out on the recap.It seems like alot of levels are intermingled now, but, we closed at the hi, which might be important.The es it seemed closed hi as well....................The trades where we look for the big churn to come in,havent been as obvious this week.I guess thats an indication of the tightness.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 4 27 2012.mp4
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

bobarian View Post

friday
4/27/2012
2 trades
very tight range today, i came back home, and the charts are so tight.There was tremendous churn midday, which eventually led to the break higher.In retrospect, there was a trade there, which i point out on the recap.It seems like alot of levels are intermingled now, but, we closed at the hi, which might be important.The es it seemed closed hi as well....................The trades where we look for the big churn to come in,havent been as obvious this week.I guess thats an indication of the tightness.

You had it right. 104.20 was VPOC from yesterday. volume was a little thin, but I based it on the DB as well as the fact that volume climaxed relative to previous volume.

It could have failed lower, its a 50/50 proposition. To me it really met you criteria to trade, no?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

VinceVirgil View Post
You had it right. 104.20 was VPOC from yesterday. volume was a little thin, but I based it on the DB as well as the fact that volume climaxed relative to previous volume.

It could have failed lower, its a 50/50 proposition. To me it really met you criteria to trade, no?

Hey Vance, true tru!I have had my kids for 2 weeks now, there is just no hope of getting anything done when they are here.I actually liked the first trade better, which ran up to yest val area hi, just beyond yest close.Honestly, i took that short based on how the 5min candle was painting.My inlaws are back tuesday, i might be sane ..my kids found the hose outside, and decided for a mud bath!....

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

bobarian View Post
Hey Vance, true tru!I have had my kids for 2 weeks now, there is just no hope of getting anything done when they are here.I actually liked the first trade better, which ran up to yest val area hi, just beyond yest close.Honestly, i took that short based on how the 5min candle was painting.My inlaws are back tuesday, i might be sane ..my kids found the hose outside, and decided for a mud bath!....

Been there, done that.

You have to go more portable...Trade on an IPad.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

4/30/2012
we gapped lower, and i was looking for price to come down to fridays val /lod area, which it did.We overshot the prev lod, vol came in, and we got long.Targets 1 and 2 are hit.Big vol came in just above that, and after a retrace, the churn was big enough for a short.I honestly thought that this was it.I figured, after failing to go higher the 2nd time, we were going to really fall...wrong.Price found a bottom at yest lod, and really shot up.However, it did reach the prev days hval, and vol came in for a nice short.The real churn/absorption came in when price retraced to the dvpoc.So slow though.There was a long.Ultimately, i suppose that huge vol was the base we needed to shoot for the high of the day............................................................................................................

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 4 30 2012 recap.mp4

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

5/1/2012
1 trade
cl opened just below yest close, which was close to yest hod.I was thinking this was very bullish.I was looking for price to pull back to yest hval, but price couldnt even do that.Actually, it was within 6 ticks of it, close enough.Vol came in, and i got long.Pretty slow going, i guess the cl was waiting for the 10 am news...As soon as that hit, the cl really jumped.Targets 1 and 2 easily hit.As i was getting ready to leave, price did pb to the dvwap, and there was a long there.The entry was just off the bottom of the pb, and the vol lader gave a nice signal.This was qwick though.The original long, was much more churn.Thats it for the day.Either long could have been held to the end of the day, with a runner.I look forward to having the full day again, hopefully thurs.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 06-12 (10 Momentum)  5_1_2012vol lad.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	72136  
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 5 01 2012 recap.mp4

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

5/2/2012
1 trade
price opened gap down just at the prev day vwap.I saw some decent churn come in a little lower, and got long.Price went up almost 20 ticks for me, and the news hit.Took a stop on that.Price then came down and seemingly found a base at the prev days val.Alot of absorption in this area, in a tight range.Finally, pa broke higher to the dvwap.I feel i missed a short here, and was watching for some good vol to come in at this level.I didnt think the vol was impressive, but the desc dvwap held, and pa fell qwickly through all the churn just below, and found support at the prev day vwap long area...i figured that would hold,and the vol was decent, but i passed.I was thinking that after all that basing in the 105.40 area, it gave it up after pa hit the dvwap.Oh well.Also, just prior to pa rising to the dvwap, the dvpoc stepped down from 105.65 to 105.40.As far as the dvwap goes, anytime there is a direction, look to use it.I think that is realistic

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

5/3/2012
2 trades
2 stops
Today the cl fell out of bed.I looked at my levels,and took my shots, and was wrong.I have to be honest with the vol ladder.I like it, but i have a hard time understanding which churns to ignore/observe.Now, im not making any chart changes, so ,what do i do?.............Part of my problem ,is i have a hard time understanding the type of day we are having, until its allready been had!Ok, thats typical.Alot of people have the same problem.I have all these great tools, but putting it together to the point where i have an edge has been elusive.Also, counter trend trading has been creeping in, and i dont want that.So, lets try something.Lets try to understand my weakness, (many)and avoid it.I wont say focus on strength, because i dont see it yet.I like the mp, and i see a correlation ,when price action starts to react to a stairstepping dval/dvah.I will focus on this more, but i will not make any changes to my charts...............................................................

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

bobarian View Post
5/3/2012
2 trades
2 stops
Today the cl fell out of bed.I looked at my levels,and took my shots, and was wrong.I have to be honest with the vol ladder.I like it, but i have a hard time understanding which churns to ignore/observe.Now, im not making any chart changes, so ,what do i do?.............Part of my problem ,is i have a hard time understanding the type of day we are having, until its allready been had!Ok, thats typical.Alot of people have the same problem.I have all these great tools, but putting it together to the point where i have an edge has been elusive.Also, counter trend trading has been creeping in, and i dont want that.So, lets try something.Lets try to understand my weakness, (many)and avoid it.I wont say focus on strength, because i dont see it yet.I like the mp, and i see a correlation ,when price action starts to react to a stairstepping dval/dvah.I will focus on this more, but i will not make any changes to my charts...............................................................

Hi Bob,

The information displayed on the volume ladder shouldn't be a reason for an entry. It should be used as a tool for confirmation of an entry based on a predetermined area. So hypothetically, let's say that tomorrow if the market opens slightly gap up, you're going to take an initiative position short should price hit today's VAH with the thought of taking out today's VPOC and testing today's VAL. You would wait for price to get to your area of interest and watch to see if volume presents itself. Upon confirmation of that, you would join the offer as close to your price level as possible and go from there.

Don't just take a responsive position based on volume churn at an insignificant area as it will most likely be a false signal. Hope that helps.

Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

bobarian View Post
5/3/2012
2 trades
2 stops
Today the cl fell out of bed.I looked at my levels,and took my shots, and was wrong.I have to be honest with the vol ladder.I like it, but i have a hard time understanding which churns to ignore/observe.Now, im not making any chart changes, so ,what do i do?............, but i will not make any changes to my charts...............................................................

I don't think 'I won't make chart change' is the same as keeping something that doesn't speak to you. A single S/R line that makes you pay attention is more valuable than a heap of blinking lights that tell you nothing.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts