NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 144,605 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

cory 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

bobarian View Post
agreed...Im going to keep an eye on this play.Scaling up is definately an option.Especially with the hi volatility today

maybe I was unclear on scaling thing, in TraderEX case, he got himself permission to add 1 contract for each 1500 bucks he made. Maybe it's not the best word to describe it.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
45 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

bobarian View Post
nov 15.
2 trades ,wish i was around to participate in the 3 others.Its good to see tho, that today both of my plays in my playbook worked well.I got ticked on one of my trades, and that stinks.Today was so volatile, so i will start giving some thought to that, and maybe scaling in..got 6" snow here in Long Island NY....bah!!Im not ready for this

Got snow here in Chicagoland too.

I need to get the Thrower on my tractor......

Take care bud

Ron

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

Blash View Post
Got snow here in Chicagoland too.

I need to get the Thrower on my tractor......

Take care bud

Ron

I hope this isnt a prelude to a freezing winter.Every day, on my iPhone, i flash the weather for Tampa Florida to my wife...she rolls her eyes...i am constantly doing this to her...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

weekend review.So, i make video recaps each day,and i try to watch them each day.Also, on the weekend , i will review the entire week with these videos.The recaps are about 10 minutes each, so its quick and to the point.The realization i have started to have is that the majority of the day is noise.In watching the webinars from FT71 and SMB,and the new prop shop webinar last week, a few things are very apparent to me.I cant keep trading the whole day,like it makes sense to me ....it doesn't.I might get lucky and nab a doub top/bottom here and there, but not usually.Atleast not with the current strategy i have.The pros keep saying over and over...develop 1 play,and only trade that..over and over.If the play gives an edge, stay with it.Over time, raise the size.This play gives me scales as well, as it developes.I like the simplicity of this.I see this play easily.As the trade developed, i am starting to see the adds on the pullbacks.I can see this habitual routine enables me to relax, and kinda detach from the trade.As i recap the week, i listen to the comments i make, which might be contradictory to a comment i might have made a month ago.Thats ok.I need to trust the simple tools i have.Total trust.For now , stock emas and just a simple macd,to indicate divergence, and follow thru.I took the vwap off a while ago.Eventually i might bring it back.Im sure it ties in with the emas at some points,but too many lines get me jamed up.I want it simple.So simple, i can glance at the chart and know where im at.Im very busy getting my family ready every day for work and school.My 32" monitor sits on the corner of the kitchen counter(hard to believe im getting away with this.)I still miss trades, and im working on that.Im active on forex from 5 am to about 11 am.Thats plenty.That even might change,,,,,looking for a part time job after 9 am.Gotta get out of the house!I t would be much different if i was making $, but i figure, 4 hours should give me enough trades each week.Also, i dont love Forex.Eventualy i would love to get back to the minis(YM,NQ, and dare i say,,,,,cl) but for now, until i build a foundation , forex it is,,,and thats fine the trades are thereeach week.A lingering feeling ive had for a while, is that i would love to be able to scalp, and be active in the market much more...i havent been successful in any way with a strategy.It brings me into the quicker time frame charts, which aALWAYS get me into trouble.So for now, no changes.In fact, i just finished my 2nd week of no chart changes....a big milestone for me...might sound sily, but im a habitual chart changer.So, i need to not do that!Anyway, i am about to head out for some tae kuon do...need to exercise, work off the stress!This week i spent some time viewing some other journals...PA DAX,rdaytrader,ninjas,rracer,blue eagle, Bradenton,Gruttpier and a few others.So many styles.Many traders working hard to make it happen..have a great weekend
Bob

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

bobarian View Post
weekend review.So, i make video recaps each day,and i try to watch them each day.Also, on the weekend , i will review the entire week with these videos.The recaps are about 10 minutes each, so its quick and to the point.The realization i have started to have is that the majority of the day is noise.In watching the webinars from FT71 and SMB,and the new prop shop webinar last week, a few things are very apparent to me.I cant keep trading the whole day,like it makes sense to me ....it doesn't.I might get lucky and nab a doub top/bottom here and there, but not usually.Atleast not with the current strategy i have.The pros keep saying over and over...develop 1 play,and only trade that..over and over.If the play gives an edge, stay with it.Over time, raise the size.This play gives me scales as well, as it developes.I like the simplicity of this.I see this play easily.As the trade developed, i am starting to see the adds on the pullbacks.I can see this habitual routine enables me to relax, and kinda detach from the trade.As i recap the week, i listen to the comments i make, which might be contradictory to a comment i might have made a month ago.Thats ok.I need to trust the simple tools i have.Total trust.For now , stock emas and just a simple macd,to indicate divergence, and follow thru.I took the vwap off a while ago.Eventually i might bring it back.Im sure it ties in with the emas at some points,but too many lines get me jamed up.I want it simple.So simple, i can glance at the chart and know where im at.Im very busy getting my family ready every day for work and school.My 32" monitor sits on the corner of the kitchen counter(hard to believe im getting away with this.)I still miss trades, and im working on that.Im active on forex from 5 am to about 11 am.Thats plenty.That even might change,,,,,looking for a part time job after 9 am.Gotta get out of the house!I t would be much different if i was making $, but i figure, 4 hours should give me enough trades each week.Also, i dont love Forex.Eventualy i would love to get back to the minis(YM,NQ, and dare i say,,,,,cl) but for now, until i build a foundation , forex it is,,,and thats fine the trades are thereeach week.A lingering feeling ive had for a while, is that i would love to be able to scalp, and be active in the market much more...i havent been successful in any way with a strategy.It brings me into the quicker time frame charts, which aALWAYS get me into trouble.So for now, no changes.In fact, i just finished my 2nd week of no chart changes....a big milestone for me...might sound sily, but im a habitual chart changer.So, i need to not do that!Anyway, i am about to head out for some tae kuon do...need to exercise, work off the stress!This week i spent some time viewing some other journals...PA DAX,rdaytrader,ninjas,rracer,blue eagle, Bradenton,Gruttpier and a few others.So many styles.Many traders working hard to make it happen..have a great weekend
Bob

I love this summary! Man you are on the right track here....

Maybe just chop this paragraph into a few different sections so it's easier to read?????

Ron

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,464
Thanks Received: 26,278

Blash View Post

Maybe just chop this paragraph into a few different sections so it's easier to read?????

Ron

( ) I had just about decided not to mention how hard it was to read that post, until I saw Ron's comment....

I did like it and I'm glad I pushed through to the end, but it was hard going. I got lost a couple of times in the middle and had to go back and find where I was again. If you could skip a line now and then to break it up, and put spaces after periods, it would be much easier to follow. It reads more like a long text message now.

Not a criticism, just meaning to be helpful. I am very long-winded (much more than you) and I have had to find ways to break up my thoughts on the page if I wanted anyone to stay until the end....

Good thoughts in that post, though. I'm starting to think about doing many of the same things, especially the part about not changing charts. I've also been thinking about your recent posts about doing a video review.

Keep these ideas coming.

Bob.

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Blash View Post

Ron

lol yup im a rambler fer sure

Thanked by:

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

bobarian View Post
nov 15.
2 trades ,wish i was around to participate in the 3 others.Its good to see tho, that today both of my plays in my playbook worked well.I got ticked on one of my trades, and that stinks.Today was so volatile, so i will start giving some thought to that, and maybe scaling in..got 6" snow here in Long Island NY....bah!!Im not ready for this

Looking forward to watching your video. Had some trouble with it the first time I tried.

Will try again soon later today.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

jackbravo 
SF, CA/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: NQ...uh..ES actually
Thanks Given: 4,362
Thanks Received: 2,400

bobarian View Post
Bob

It's great to see you are making progress. Keep it up.
I like the style of your videos. I think it's important to be able to verbally speak about the trades, something I don't do now. I'm going to try to make video recaps as well (for myself). I downloaded Audacity for the voice recording, Sharex for video recording, and Blender to put it all together. It's the first time I'm using this software, so curious about what you're using to make your videos.

"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." Confucius

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

jackbravo View Post
It's great to see you are making progress. Keep it up.
I like the style of your videos. I think it's important to be able to verbally speak about the trades, something I don't do now. I'm going to try to make video recaps as well (for myself). I downloaded Audacity for the voice recording, Sharex for video recording, and Blender to put it all together. It's the first time I'm using this software, so curious about what you're using to make your videos.

Thanks Jack..I use Camtasia...it is so effortless.Basically open the program, press record..you can control the size of the picture, if you have a wide monitor...too easy.I only use the basic stuff, which i think is apparent by watching the videos!Good luck
Bob

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts