NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 143,907 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

3/14/2012
wed
1 trade
i took that long bounce off the vwap at 10:53.It went 9, and collapsed.Actually, there could have been a reversal there, but, i had just walked in the door.Iwasnt here this am, so, i didnt trade the hornets nest in the first few minutes.That 106-106.30 area is confusing to me, like an intersection with too many cars.There were some trades after that tho..Ill upload this video with some comments, but im not even sure how i would have traded it.If i was aggressive, i might have done ok, but, there were probably 2 stops there for me.I believe the daily is in a tight wedge now, and this is causing a little chaos

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 3 14 2012 recap.mp4
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

2/15/2012
thurs
3 trades
+15 net
i have been a little remiss in my posting lately.I think like some other members,i get alittle tired of hearing myself.The last 2 months have been about alot of change, but in a good way.Alot more hours on the replay, while putting in alot of time with market profile with the gomi ladder.This direction has opened my eyes a bit, and im trying to incorporate the poc areas, along with the gomi looking for vol churn/absorption.I also put up the vwap, which i love.Long story short, i have been trying to shorten the learning curve, and the gomi ladder is no peace of cake......................I finally arrived at the 5 min, which i believe is the correct chart.I finally ditched all the crazy holy grail indicators.And then, i add the vwap/gomi ladder.The warning bells were ringing..I believe this time is different, as i am evaluating price action with both indicators, and using them with the 5 min...............I hear of some other traders referring to "a light going on" when they finally start to see things correctly.(or atleast in a way that enables them to be profitable).I cant say that i have ever had that experience.No lights, bells,etc.I feel that im close, but yet, my p-l in sim is very modest.Its been a very slow process, and alot of hours.A long grind.On the positive side, i dont seem to make the really stupid obvious mistakes of the past.Thats good.Also, trades that i was missing in the past that were caught in recap are fewer these days.Thats good too.So there it is...back to work.Tomorrow is options expiration day...
...........Oh also, i try to devote some time to view other journals.Big Mikes trading forum is a phenominal asset that we all share.welcoming a new journal, offering some encouragement, and saying thanks goes a long way.I can say that from experience!

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

3/16/2012
friday
3 trades
-30 ticks net
very poor job today.I misplayed that move after the news at 10 am, and then took a bad trade just after.The video tells all.The shame, is that pa finally got up to the level i originally wanted, and i blew it.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 3 16 2012.mp4
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

3/19/2012
mon
1 trade
+12 net
We gapped up, in unchartered territory for now.At 108.38, hit some serious churn, and a nice diverg on macd.Had my selll entry at .37...Missed me by 1 tick.I should have had it at .35...geez, its a 10 tick risk.Pa came back down nicely, and formed a base area at 108.20.Eventually, seemingly out of nowhere, we shot up, and overshot the hod.However, we got some good churn at .50.I got sh at .47, on a pb, we had nice diverg again on macd.I figured, we should be ok down to that .20 area, which was just below the vwap.I trailed my stop to close, out +13.Oh well.So, 2 good trades today, i got 1(kinda)

Rayzor 
Coloado

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: AMP, OEC, CQG
Trading: NQ

How long have you been on the Renkos Bob? Glad to see you are "wising up" by using them . Get in touch this week my friend, I am testing for the next week or two.

Ray

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Rayzor View Post
How long have you been on the Renkos Bob? Glad to see you are "wising up" by using them . Get in touch this week my friend, I am testing for the next week or two.

Ray

thanks Ray, this is my 3rd week with the new ch.I like it, and i still use the 5 min .

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

tuesday
3/20/2012
2 trades +24 ticks net
1st trade , was based on a serious vol churn , and i waited for the vol pop, and got in sh on a slight retrace, as close to the churn area as possible.Pa collapsed, i got 16,which was my simple target.2nd trade, was basically the samr premise, an entry based on the vol churn.I fat fingered the exit for 9 ticks..no biggie.The 2nd was ct, and i was getting a little leary , because we were stair stepping in both direction with these churn areas.Basically, i havent seen this type of day, and was a little confused.10 am , Geithner started talking, so i was done.

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

3/21/2012
wed 2 trades
be net
crazy chop today, pa finally b/o above 106.80 on 3rd attempt and blasted off.(i had no clue, other than not to fade)...............got one more, but had to leave..+5 net on the day

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

3/26 2012
3 trades
- 1tick net
pa very tight, small range.Stuck on fridays vpoc, so, thats all.
1st trade..went 12..+1
2nd trade..went 12..be
3rd, went 8, then went against me, covered be..Actually worked, but too sloppy
I have a simple atm strategy now..
16 target...10 sl
+14..+12
+10..+1
this weeks goal is a modest 100 ticks

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

3/27/2012
tuesday
1 trbut vol diedade
+1 tick net....99 to go!
another tight am..Pa came down to yest vah, and coiled, forming the vpoc area for today in 107.20s..Needless to say..tight.We did drop to 106.90s, which was yest vpoc..If i was watching the 5min, there could have been a long at 107.11..alas, i wasnt watching close enough.The short i took , i suppose was a 3rd pb, but, the ema was trending up, with a HL.(which is what i was waiting for.I thought we could go to hod, or higher.It went to +12, came back and got me, and droppped.Its 11.10am, not even 100k vol yet.In two days, i had 3 trades go +12, and come back and get me at be.I adjusted atm to +12..+10.If tomorrows range is better, thats ok.We just dropped hard to 106.60s.No problem.

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts