NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 143,907 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

cory View Post
click on link on right of picture to download the file, play it with VLC player looks OK.

Thanks. That worked fine.

Bob.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

bobarian View Post
jan 16
quick video for today

Good trading, good video too. Very clear why you did things.

Bob.

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

bobwest View Post
Good trading, good video too. Very clear why you did things.

Bob.

Thank you Bob

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

jan 17 no trades on GBPUSD

I admit,with the tight range this morning,and we were just under yhod,i was sorta sitting on my hands.However,when we pushed above yhod,i look for the pb to 1min200/sup for a long ,and mark out my measured move.price didnt come quite back to this level, and it fulfilled the MM to a nhod.

After the 2nd nhod,we pb to yhod/1min 200.I had my resting buy at 1min 200,never got there.ughh,

So we head higher,and price eventually fails to make a nhod.This becomes a short scenario.That didnt get filled either.Target for the short would be back thru yhod to 5min 200.

When I dont get filled at the price im looking for, i am faced with the choice of taking qthe next pb, for a higher risk.It needs to be real good for me to bother.For the short, there is a bunch of stuff to get through, and i need to leave.Belt promotions tomorrow for tae kwon do.Last class, and i dont need to be wondering about this while im working out.

Also, im not real confident about leaving while im in a trade...

As i post this, the short I wanted is failing now anyway

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Jan 18
2 trades today.We were inside yest range ,trending down towards ylod..with plenty of room.

1srt trade ,short at 5min200,because we were not coming off a LL (nlod in this case) +24

2nd trade.short at 1min200 after nlod.Alsmost 2hours in this trade.This could really drop, i was focussed on the MM (meas move)and covered just before..+28

Ive been keeping a written journal.Im surprised how much i contribute to it.My goal is to be as specific as possible regarding the entries i am allowed(and must) take @Grantx goes into this.Its a trade plan.As I get close to entering a trade, the mind changes....starts second guessing.Also, when we are in a trade ,the anxiety and second guessing get real loud.I guess its human nature...

So ive realized this for a long time,and i want to manage it.Not eliminate it...I dont think at this point i can do that..But manage it with a real trade plan,that i believe in,and stick to..

@Grantx makes alot of good points.Whatever method we choose,if it gives us an edge,than that is our moment of clarity vs noise.Compared to the thousands of other traders and methods ,our method is noise...so much noise...deafening.So I want to eliminate the noise as much as possible, and focus on the simple setups i have created for myself.Take the entry,put in my target and stop, and relax.

The 2nd trade i took today...almost 2 hours for a day trade.I love my entry.When it started to head towards NLOD, i was happy,but it coiled, and choppped forever.Noise.I left it alone,knowing the feeling that if i cut it short, the feeling i always have when I do that..even when I am correct.

Also, @Pa Dax has a very solid plan.Ive been following it, and I would like to learn more @Bradenton with the measured moves has allready influenced some of my targets.

The end goal is to try to see the big picture on the 5min relative to the previos days range, and take advantage of the opportunities...and not miss trades.

When I look at the day after hours,I feel like there are legit areas that make sense to trade from.I want to stay with this.I guess its context.And try to make decisions based on what we have in real time...Trend day vs range day.

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

jan 18
todays trades

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: jan 18.mp4
Thanked by:
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,058

You are one of the most determined blokes Ive ever come across. If I looked in the dictionary under 'True Grit' I wouldnt be surprised to see your name. Well done, keep working, good to see you thinking of a trading plan.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

Grantx View Post
You are one of the most determined blokes Ive ever come across. If I looked in the dictionary under 'True Grit' I wouldnt be surprised to see your name. Well done, keep working, good to see you thinking of a trading plan.

Thanks for saying that Grant, I agree, @ bobarian you definitely get the FIO Hard Core award. Much respect sir.

Here's a new avatar for you

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

@Grantx @Rrrracer Thanks for the encouraging words fellas,and right back at ya.I read all your posts,and I think we are very similiar in that we are trying to find little moments of clarity in the Noise filled chaos of these markets!

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

jan 21
pretty slow on this holiday.I took a typical pb short where both 1min and 5min are correctly aligned.I have the macd up still, but as I trade a lot of pullbacks,i find myself using it less and less.

On the chart, I marked out the area where I thought that the macd could be useful.The short was fine,as we headed back up to resistance .But this ultimately failed.The 5min macd diverged higher,pointing out momentum for the longs..

the 1min is aligned for the short the whole time,so essentially it is pushing uphill,despite the macd.3 legs up,and a MM(measured move,we made a nhod at a sticky level on the 30 min.I think,in retrospect, this makes sense to short on the 1 min sell candle

If we weren't short from the highs, price came back down to ylod,and the 1min got back in line for a simple pb short at 21 ema.

Going forward I will reference this chart,to be aware of the potential CT trade,and the 2 or 3 legs up/MM to the highs,for the short.These seem like the edges(in retrospect of course)

@Rrrracer here is the wood burning insert.Below zero with windchill in NY today.All heat sytems are CRANKED as I watch the Australian Open

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts