NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 144,605 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

nov 6
only took 1 trade today.Pretty much a scratch.One thing that is especially challenging with the currencies, is how the interract with each other.I trade EURUSD,GBPUSD,and EURJPY.Typically, the GBPUSD leads, and is definately the crazierof the three.However, the EURJPY has very good range at times.EURUSD is the tamest.In the past, when trading equities, i remember having the spy up, and i never really enjoyed watching 2 instruments while only trading one.Anyway, im not looking to trade fundamentally, and i dont really care which instrument follows who.I just want simplicity.So, the trades that become available should always be taken.Even if GBPUSD isnt quite ready to move away from an area, its ok to take a EURJPY trade that is.Typically, in the short time ive been watching this, They tend to move at different times, but not too far apart.And when GBPUSD decides to join the party, the other instruments will move that much easier,,,,,unless they don't!Ha, but thats why its so hard(one of the reasons)We look for the setups each day, but each day they are just a little bit different.

So ive been getting jammed up at execution time, which i dont want obviously.Assuming i leave my charts the way they are, with no changes, i feel i should be able to develop a better feel.But the bottom line is, i need to take the entries that are offered,and not hesitate,because in the end,not executing is the worst thing of all, and imo,its fear based.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
43 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

nov 7..... 2 trades so far.Elections here in usa affecting things i suppose,no matter.These 2 trades are fades.EURJPY failed.GBPUSD was good for 2 scales.If im in a fade that gets beyond the 21 ema, that is a good place for adds.This trade took 2 hours to work.GBPUSD being held up.Again, no matter.As i mentioned yesterday, i want to take all acceptable trades.The mental annoyance is just not worth it to try to cherry pick and see the ones i dont pick work,while im in a failed trade.Too bad i missed the add.In the morning, im running around getting my kids ready for school...I just realized no LL on EURJPY for that short....ughhh....Also, after my entry, GBPUSD did break higher out of a wedge as other instruments moved higher.I didnt have high hopes for the short.However, i let it play out, and that is good.So much noise after the entry.I honestly have a hard time understanding when a trade is failing.Thats why i need a good edge, such as NHOD

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

nov 9
5 trades...4 not filled...ughhThis is my main setup,
Today, price bottomed with divergence.Then ,we look for a HH,breaking a orevious swing hi(hence HH).PB to 21 ema, or a recognizable support.This would be indicated by tails.But, i should split the buy order in half.Frontrun 21 ema, and also buy in tail area.This trade also has scaling potential to buy more as we head higher.Any HH gives permission to add on pb to 21 ema.......................The only fill i got today was a fade at resistance/200 ema.I MIT in for this.Thats another thing,i want to rely less on candle permission to enter.This can often lead to missing trades that run away.But....It also get run over.Thats fine,as i want to become more resolute in my setup.I feel like waiting for confirmation on the initial entry is not necessary...

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

nov 9 im posting a video.This morning, my trade ideas were very good,however, i didnt get filled on any of them.I took a fade off a key level, and that was fine.The last 2 trades were nonsense.The everse head and shoulders wasnt even set up correctly.Anyway, it just reinforces my belief that i should just stick with my main setup, and get aggressive.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: nov 9.mp4
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

nov 12
three trades today.Price douuble bottomed on all three instruments.I typically dont take the doub bottom entry anymore.I did today on EURJPY and it was good.The other 2 trades were my main setup.Price comes off a divergent doub bottom,and i look for an entry after we get a higher swing hi.I MIT in on the pb.With this trade, i will also market in on the 1st pb to the 21 ema, if it happens.I like the play, because its easy to see, and i can scale in.I let the EURUSD trade stop out.It topped out at 9am, which gave me 10 ticks.So many times, i cut a trade short, only to watch it work.This was the opposite.Also, going forward, when a play breaks out,like the GBPUSD today i will exit when we get a reversal bar on the 5min.So many times, i watched this instrument blast thru sup/res.I took like 22 ticks i believe, but left even more than that on the table.

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

nov 14
no trades.Ive been watching the SMB videos, and also some of the webinars pertaining to prop shops.Specifically,i am hearing the same thing over and over.Find the one play ,and determine if it has an edge.Also, is it scalable.I have a play, that ive been dialing in, and there can be 1 to 2 scales.Over time , i have seen this work most of the time.Its pretty easy to see, and i have some easy rules that allow me to trade it, and how to manage it.So all this sounds fine.This means i have to eliminate all other trades.This also means i have to not change my charts.Can i do it?We shall see.that is the goal

there were some setups today, but the pb to my entries never happened.Thats fine...no chasing

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

nov 15
2 trades so far...these are just reject candles at 60 ema ,shorted for a trend continuation.EURJPY ticked me, and that figures.That trade went 40 ticks so far...i would have been happy with the 20 on my second scale.Full stop is 10 ticks.There is no way to adjust for this...Make your stop bigger, take a bigger stop usually.Huge volatility tho today.Something to think about.EURUSD gave both scales...+10 and +20This is my second play in my playbook(out of 2 plays...)

Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

bobarian View Post
nov 15
....That trade went 40 ticks so far...i would have been happy with the 20 on my second scale.Full stop is 10 ticks.There is no way to adjust for this...Make your stop bigger, take a bigger stop usually...

my friend told me just work on taking out certain number of ticks never mind how far it goes after that. Then if you just scale up once you build enough cushion. TraderEX is a good case study of this approach.

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

cory View Post
my friend told me just work on taking out certain number of ticks never mind how far it goes after that. Then if you just scale up once you build enough cushion. TraderEX is a good case study of this approach.

agreed...Im going to keep an eye on this play.Scaling up is definately an option.Especially with the hi volatility today

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

nov 15.
2 trades ,wish i was around to participate in the 3 others.Its good to see tho, that today both of my plays in my playbook worked well.I got ticked on one of my trades, and that stinks.Today was so volatile, so i will start giving some thought to that, and maybe scaling in..got 6" snow here in Long Island NY....bah!!Im not ready for this

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: nov 15.mp4
Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts