NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 143,907 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

march 4
with the ddt on the open, we had some opportunities to get on board….Ultimately, we had plenty of room to the London Lows.The initialcross of macd/signal happened with a flat signal line.The response to long Pullbacks was minimal.There was 2more pullbacks.The point is, see what fits, and based off the ddt on 5min, look for the nearest london/asian high/low/mid ,and prev h/l/c

We actually tried the 4th pb.really? 2nd and 3rd pbs could have been TL break entries.

Keep in mind, when a top or bottom is found, the macd will not always be diverged on 5min.However, if 1min gives a nice signal, we have to look at 5min and try to understand that there cam be a cross…and certainly 20 -30 ticks.
Aslo individual 5min candles and 1min vol spikes(5 also)

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: feb 4.mp4

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

march 6
aup
cdown day

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: march 6.mp4

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

this is something that confused the heck out of me today…aup with good opportunities on both sides.The only traade i took was the 5min converg short/1min dt.Seeing the long opportunity was no surprise.However, as we dt on the 5min at rth highs,macd is totally divergent under signal line.So that was a good short.Price came down again and there was another long.A battle going on, as DC mentioned.The explanation he gives makes a ton of sense.Battle between orh and vah,vah winning out.

Also, simply put, for a bit ,price rotated in a box, which we see often.Even if rth range is over 100,or whatever.I would imagine that this would be between poc and vah/val.The question is, how does this relate to or.I imagine that we could surmise a preferable direction , even with a box.Meaning, not to take both sides of a box, only one side .For instance , if rth hod is also orh , amd we are in a "p"formation ,with a box…we would look to 5min macd and try to discern a preferable direction…maybe shorts, for failed a ups.Something to think about

of course this means that we need to pay much better attention to tpo.

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

What would be nice would be to have tpo value levels that dispaly on my 5min chart

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

3/7i too k 2 trades off the open ..shorts, before we even challenged orh.The 30 min loc was ascending.There was an ascending TL , but the 5min macd was no good.I noticed this TL ,but how do we enter.?The 15min might have had a better divergence….i have a feeling eth vwap played a part, but im not putting that back up at this point.

In the future , when there is a sloping TL into the open, watch 5 and 15min.Its a longer time fram entry.But , i think we still have to get something decent on 1 min

As far as shorts go, shouldnt be considered until above orh beyond London /Asian highs,and the 30min loc gives us a reason(but,,……watch for 5min converge /1min converge above orh and ON highs….Especially because we launched off of TL

Regarding the 2 shorts….the 5min isnt even close to being setup…need ddt with HH for that, which we eventually got.By the end of day, the 3rd and 4th trades made up for the 1st and 2nd…..theres no point in digging holes on bad trades

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

dctrade69 View Post
The CL did as I had mentioned in the pre session, failed to get back to value so failed A down and for me longs the rest of the day. I know others were playing the short side but on a rotational day we can all make money.

I mentioned looking for 103s but it could never quite get there. R2 kept holding though I tried a couple of times to get long on pullbacks in hopes of a push thru and then much higher prices. Wasn't meant to be today.

CL Trades

Trade 1 102.22 Long. Others got long well before me and that worked out great. I was conscerned about y'day high and today's opening print keeping price from moving higher so i wanted to see a bar close above to confirm this for me. Exited on the big 5m volume bar

Trade 2 102.47 Long. Price had pulled back and though we hadn't solidly made an A up day I took this hoping to bust thru R2 and confirm an A up. didn't happen so I exited soon after the high volume bar when no follow thu higher appeared.

Trade 3 102.51 Long. Third time is a charm, right? Not today. Same story again. Exited when a 5m high volume bar appeared and we got no follow thru.

NQ like @Balanar I look for other markets so that if one market is not producing, the other possibly will. NQ offered the possibility of speed and space as mentioned premarket and it did not disappoint. Why did I short the open? The NQ had traded in value all night and just after the news release price tried to push above value only to be rejected and close the 30m candle prior to the opening print bearish, just under VAH. A really good clue that enough bearish sentiment could lead to a move lower.

NQ played out just as CL did. A push and then two smaller pushes that failed to get as much follow thru.

Trade 1 3737.75 Short. As mentioned above. Short at the open. Actually got positive slippage for once. It happens once in a blue moon. Exited on the big 5m volume spike down

Trade 2 3707.50 short. Hoping to get some follow thru down which was supported by the big candles. Price couldn't get thru the S2 weekly pivot area. Exited again on the 5m volume spike area

Trade 3 3696.00 Short. Same thing. Pullback hoping to push price down and make a move lower towards the naked POC on below. Wasn't meant to be. Exited on the 5m higher volume bar.

A great day and a great week. Everyone enjoy their weekend! I still owe my wife that trip to the mall for watching prices for me from Sunday night into Monday, so you will know where to find me

Dc s trades were more correct than mine, as the 30min was closing higher.The longs were a better choice until the 30 min gave it up at end of day

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

trade plan

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: trade plan.mp4
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

3/14 recap
cl

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: mar 14 recap.mp4

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

March 17 ..No trades....too focussed on 15min macd....dont..%min macd slipped unde signal line, then rejected off sgnal line for the short

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts