NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 144,503 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

12/6 2012
thursday
trend day......
Cl gapped down 3oish ticks,but it was a short bias all the way.Premarket gave the shorts,and upon the rth open,she just dropped.

There was a long opportunity,which i botched.I brought back the vol ladder,and there was a huge vol area at .60,which i used as a reference, wtith the rth dvwap,to base my entry.The long was based off a penetration of the 1st std dev.The entry,i placed was 10 ticks above the correct entry,and i took a full stop.On days this volatile, expect overshoots.Cl overshot the correct entry,and i incorrectly viewed this as the level failing.Took a short, for a fulll stop

Moral of the story, im not ready for the vol ladder yet.Its too much info ,and im doing fine w/o it.If i would have stuck to my original entry, i would have had a nice trade.

Also, i realized this right away,and the focus left me,The short i needed was there , for a big winner.In the end, im left with my pants down, and the cl just doing what it does.Bad job by me today.Its been a while since i got whipsawed.Diecern the extremes , and trade them.Also,rth at 10...use it

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 01-13 (6 Range)  12_6_2012aaaa.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	96586  
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 12 6 recap.mp4
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

Hey Bob,

With regards to the retracement to the developing VAH and upper 1st SD level, that's a great trade based on the day. It's OK to take those if you're concerned with trading the extremes based on the opening drive down. That selling tail should be respected and the upper extreme then becomes the developing VAH. I took that trade and it worked out well.

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Hey Bob,

With regards to the retracement to the developing VAH and upper 1st SD level, that's a great trade based on the day. It's OK to take those if you're concerned with trading the extremes based on the opening drive down. That selling tail should be respected and the upper extreme then becomes the developing VAH. I took that trade and it worked out well.

Thanks Ben,in hidsight,it was a great trade.I was thinking short the entire am, but alas,the cl got to me today.With the short bias, the long entry i described,was a higher risk scalp for sure.The short just collapsed nicely.Thanks for the reply!

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

12/7/2012
friday
2 trades.
Its the same ole story, look for the reject areas.Try to form a bias.No magic,just need to get better at it.I have a habit of making things difficult...always have...trading is difficult...imoAs weird of a day as it was, there was opportunity...at the edges.There were even long apportunities,hi churn absorption areas....I broke even.

i found myself adding and subtracting, and the math added up well.However, i know from experience, the cl doesnt typically play like that.HHs ,LLs,thats great.Cl like levels.Cl likes reject areas.

Deciding where these areas should be,is an art ,that is hard to grasp.There are little glimses of transparency,for the wise to pick up.The rest go to slaughter.

I guess the val/vah areas are a good place to start.Vwap too.Dont forget vwap 1st std dev too.Oh,also,rth levels as they develop..dont forget those....hi vol churns should be noticed(at levels).Cod/hod/lod...those too.

the ON session, lately has been very active,particularly 1 hour before the open.Today,and yesterday, the best trades were pre market.Maybe i should consider that...also

I believe ,that i have grown ,a bit.A slow process.I rarely get my arse handed to me.Generally, my assessment of the big pic is good.My main issue, now , is execution.I can typically see the reject areas,but i find that when im there, im looking all over, trying to figure the perfect entry.

I am now looking at the entry from a risk perspective.Before price gets to the level area,i look at where the stop would be,and this is helping.I need alot of help ,still tho in this area.
My goal is to trade correctly,with less disonance.Its just not smooth.The entries when i feel confident, even when taking heat...comfortable enough to add, in the future.Thats a whole different topic,out in the future.

there are no absolutes,and the cl can be vicious.I seem to be trying to grasp a method where there is more of an absolute style.But i know the cl doesnt work like this.

so the work continues..On vacation for the next week,cheers

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 12 7 2012 recap.mp4
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

im going to maker a change in my charts,which i will implement when i get back from vacation.My 2 main charts are 6r.I will change them to 1min charts,and give that some time.For a while, i have been referencing a 1min ch, with vol bars.I find that the candles offer info at vital reject areas.The range bars dont give this.i dont think that the holy grail will appear before me.I would like to use this for a while,and if it offers valued info,without added confusion,hopefully will stick to it.I consider this a very big change,but i also see the logic in it

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

ive been using the cl thread"cl light crude analysis tpo/mpvwap/vpoc for my posts..

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

1/7 recap

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 1 7 recap.mp4
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

todays recap

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 1 14 recap.mp4
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

i am posting my live recaps,to learn from the mistakes.This is a sloppy one,and i will be back on thursday

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 1 15 recap.mp4
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

1 18 recap

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 1 18 recap.mp4
Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts