NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 143,998 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

4/11/2012

had some absorption in the 101.20 area, which was just above the prev close.In retrospect, i think the vol was good enough, and we were close enough to the prev days close.The long went to the prev days hval, where there was decent churn.If i was still long on a 2nd runner from the original entry area, there would be two choices.Either reverse(the churn wasnt immediate, and took its time, so difficult decision), or wait for price to come down to trailing stop area, and penetrate.This indeed happened.
Now , if i had reversed, the churn that happened was there, but not over the top, and pa was in the lower mid area of the mornings range..........................there is some decent overall churn vol at 101.50 area, around 10 am., and looks to be selling any attempt to breach above101.50.This choppy range is just below vwap, and today is inventory day.In any case, a short from the highs would still be live, and not looking to reenter in this area.......................Dont forget,the june contract is pulling about 25% of the vol now....
more later

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

4/11/2012
1trade..3 contracts qm
-$102
A counter trend trade at 103 (prev hod area).the churn came in , i had to average in, because i just walked in the door.The real trades were earlier.Actually, probably before mid day.Anyway, there were 2 nice setups that both bounced off a rising support.Trades A and B.Trade B would be a reload.These were good to the hod .The churn/absorption is very nice,and with the trend I think its pretty obvious i need to work on my timing too!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 05-12 (10 Momentum)  4_11_20125.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	69616   Click image for larger version

Name:	QM 05-12 (2 Momentum)  4_11_20124.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	69617   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 05-12 (5 Min)  4_11_20121.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	69618   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 05-12 (10 Momentum)  4_11_20122.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	69619  

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

I will be out thurs and friday, taking the boys out to the beach for a boys night out.Today wasnt great before the inv report.Not a big deal.Also, when i do my recap, i will be more to the point, as today i kinda just did play by play.Ok, im out!

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

4/16/2012
monday
3 trades
max stop day
oy
i guess the impoetannt point of the day, was the bottom at 101.80.There was an entry there, i missed it.Price ripped higher, got stuck for a while, then broke through multiple res levels.All the churn areas were absorbed, and bought into.Oh well.next area is hod, hmmm.the video is a bit long, so i will try to be shorter in the future.I need to use these videos and review every day/week...............................I just reviewed the video.Two things.The entry in the beginning of the day wasnt bad,it failed..i would take it again.The entry i missed at 101.80 was a good entry.Those shorts were not as good as the previous two entries i mentioned.There was some weird distribution goin on today.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 4 16 recap.mp4

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

bobarian View Post
4/16/2012
monday
3 trades
max stop day
oy
i guess the impoetannt point of the day, was the bottom at 101.80.There was an entry there, i missed it.Price ripped higher, got stuck for a while, then broke through multiple res levels.All the churn areas were absorbed, and bought into.Oh well.next area is hod, hmmm.the video is a bit long, so i will try to be shorter in the future.I need to use these videos and review every day/week.

Glad to hear you are back to posting the vids.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

bobarian View Post
4/16/2012
monday
3 trades
max stop day
oy
i guess the impoetannt point of the day, was the bottom at 101.80.There was an entry there, i missed it.Price ripped higher, got stuck for a while, then broke through multiple res levels.All the churn areas were absorbed, and bought into.Oh well.next area is hod, hmmm.the video is a bit long, so i will try to be shorter in the future.I need to use these videos and review every day/week.

That first trade looked great, but a little early with too tight a stop, otherwize, you could have rode it all the way down to LOD.

And it seems to me you saw the bottom as well.

4 tick stop on CL seems awfully tight, if I heard correctly.

If I am not mistaken, Market Profile is dynamic in identifying market structure. By the time you can see the structure clearly, the next structure is being built, therefore the challenge is to trade the structure as it is being built, because once it is built, that structure is complete.

Seems that you were very close to being on thte irght side on your charts. You may have been stopped out, but you anticipated activity at both those time frames, even if they went against you.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

VinceVirgil View Post
That first trade looked great, but a little early with too tight a stop, otherwize, you could have rode it all the way down to LOD.

And it seems to me you saw the bottom as well.

4 tick stop on CL seems awfully tight, if I heard correctly.

If I am not mistaken, Market Profile is dynamic in identifying market structure. By the time you can see the structure clearly, the next structure is being built, therefore the challenge is to trade the structure as it is being built, because once it is built, that structure is complete.

Seems that you were very close to being on thte irght side on your charts. You may have been stopped out, but you anticipated activity at both those time frames, even if they went against you.

thanks Vance, 4 ticks is for the qm, which is 10 on the cl.Actually, i had the stop at 5 ticks, just above the high of the swing.I had 2 qm contracts, and it failed.Today was weird.I read PBs blog, and he said it was a double distribution day.The vol churns seemed to be all over the place.I honestly felt we would go higher once we got past the 21 ema on the 5 min, but just above that, we had multiple levels of res.We would get the reversal vol churn, that would get absorbed.These kind of days are tough.Luckily, its not typical.....................Its going to take some practice for my entries to be better!Thanks again

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

4/17 2012
tuesday
1 trade..scratch
we gapped up, and the market shot up to 105 area.The trades i marked out were based on trendlines.The good part of lunch ,cl spent so much time on the 5min 21 ema, in a chop zone.The beginning of the day was where the action was.The june contract is really pulling now, we will seewhat i meant to say is, the best pa was before lunch..im so shot!

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 4 17 recap.mp4

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

4/18/2012
wed
2 trades
Just off the open, watching the 5 min candle paint, decided on a long, 1st target hit, i raised my stop to be, and came down and got me.Pa just struggled to get by 21 ema, and got a chop pop at dow open, still struggling to get up to 104 area.The 2nd trade , just after the news, i noticed the 103.80 level rejecting twice, so, on the 3rd , i shorted at that level.A quick stop out.In retrospect, the hod would have been a better area to look for , if it got there, which it did.It then fell out of bed, coming down almost to mondays vpoc.
-$70 net

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 4 18 2012.mp4

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

re recap of 4/18

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 4 18 re recap.mp4

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts