NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 143,907 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

just checking, to add a post, i just post a reply
yep

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

bobarian View Post
just checking, to add a post, i just post a reply
yep

ok, yesterday i got real busy with the family
day total:4 trades
+2
break even bad fill

ok, pics are out of order, will go in order of time of day
actually missed the original entry, ended up taking 1st entry at high, which gave me -8.this was essentially a pullback entry, but, really, there is no pb, just chop
also realized, entry which is hod, which i avoid

for chart trader on nt, i set stop loss/stop gain at 8/8, and when price moves to +5, my profit stop goes to +2
i know...conservative

2nd trade , being stubborn, because the 14 ma rising,(green), again at hod, went to +5, stopgain at +2

3rd trade, countertrend, had some room to the 4o ma(purple dash), but, should have entered earlier upon 3ma cross of 14 ma.anyway, went +5, bad fill..breakeven
reason for trade, price trying to find bottom, reentered sr channel

4th trade, broke out of channel, took 1st pullback, when my mas were lined up +8
this , ithink, had full agreement for perrys method, and had enough room to the 2oo ma(orange)
by far, best trade of the day

in summary, i missed 2 or 3 good trades, typical..so easy to say afterward, but they were trades that fit my method...
will do better when...1)dont miss those trades, focus harder
2)dont take trades that arent in the method (usually chop)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YM 06-11 (4 Range)  3_16_2011pic2.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	33979   Click image for larger version

Name:	YM 06-11 (4 Range)  3_16_2011pic4.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	33980   Click image for larger version

Name:	YM 06-11 (4 Range)  3_16_2011pic3.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	33981  
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

bobarian View Post
2 typical short setups...
have used the dmi/adx indicators in the past, apparently, not correctly

the adx green line, is the key.it needs to be green, and rising.for the shorts,the di- needs to be rising also on entry...so basically, whatever direction for trade, both line need to be rising
i think they work better when both the 3ma and 14 ma are below the 40 ma, and i dont trade into the 2oo ma
also, i dont like to take signals near hod or lod

finally, another short

still simulating here, just started perrys method, probably not exact, starting tomorrow, all trades will be listed, and i really need to stay consistent with my thread..till tomorrow

ok adding a quick entry today 3/17/11
bad day, got caught up in the ym chop fest, throw in some slippage, and pretty much sums it up
went back to sim3 months ago, ..yes..went back..got tired of giving $away
the market always lets me know when i make mistakes, and im grateful for that..no need to waste time imagining, would rather realize the problems , and adjust and learn
been going for 2 years now, and its mt 3rd time around, thankfully, i keep my stops, or id be long gone
at any rate , tomorrow is another day..trades not worth poosting

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

bobarian View Post
ok adding a quick entry today 3/17/11
bad day, got caught up in the ym chop fest, throw in some slippage, and pretty much sums it up
went back to sim3 months ago, ..yes..went back..got tired of giving $away
the market always lets me know when i make mistakes, and im grateful for that..no need to waste time imagining, would rather realize the problems , and adjust and learn
been going for 2 years now, and its mt 3rd time around, thankfully, i keep my stops, or id be long gone
at any rate , tomorrow is another day..trades not worth poosting

i just wanted to say a huge thanks to big mike, for the webinar on saturday.speaking for myself,the road has been a long one, with many downs, and few ups.if this were easy , everyone would do it.i appreciate mikes personal candidness, and open honesty.i continue to look forward, and stay positive, and intend to reach my simple goal..to be a consistent profitable trader
i had to leave before mike wrapped it up, but i seem to remember mike saying it would be recorded
ill be looking for it
thanks again mike!!

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

bobarian View Post
i just wanted to say a huge thanks to big mike, for the webinar on saturday.speaking for myself,the road has been a long one, with many downs, and few ups.if this were easy , everyone would do it.i appreciate mikes personal candidness, and open honesty.i continue to look forward, and stay positive, and intend to reach my simple goal..to be a consistent profitable trader
i had to leave before mike wrapped it up, but i seem to remember mike saying it would be recorded
ill be looking for it
thanks again mike!!

3/23/11
ok, been out of my journal, last 2 days, because i had no trades.after mikes webinar, ive been doin some hard thinking.in the last few months, had so many changes, it was silly.the only good thing, is they all got simpler, as i got rid of most of the indicators.
right now, i use a 4rng entry chart , and a 5 min for trend, 60 min just for pivots
the key on the 4rng, is , i have a 3ma , 14 ma, 40 ma, and 200 ma.as much as ive wanted to take the 2oo ma off, ive watched it prove itself too many times.
i also have dynamic sr on 4rng, which gives me a channel to see.
simple method, is, watch every 3ma /14 ma cross.the 40 ma should be underneath for longs.when these 3 mas are alligned correctly, what i like to see, is, the 3ma cross the 14, pb, and then bust out of the sr channel.the 1st pullback after this, is usually goo to take.2nd is more risky.always try to be with 5min trend, if there is one.
i get up at 3 am to trade 6b and 6e.i also watch the cl.

trade 1) 6b, stopped out +1`, it had dropped pretty far, and the 5min was pretty extended.forgot about 5:30 news, got lucky
trade 2)6b didnt take..hesitated..cant do that, gotta take the setups trade
trade 3)cl continuation long, -7, was a pb, (pull back)
trade 4)cl long, was a 2nd pb after channel break, more risk-6
trade 5)broke out of channel, stopped +4 long on cl
trade6)1st pb after channel breakdown, stopped +4 on cl short
good things for today

no laptop on while trading..missed so many trades while head is turned
dialing in a specific method
focus getting better
no changes on charts for 2 weeksd...have a list allready '

things to work on
focus..keep working onit and improving
adhere to method, take all the signals without hesitation,
when in atrade , that is a breakout in a trend, focus on the pbs that could come, dont be so engulfed in the trade , that you miss opportunity
focus at all times on what market is giving me..its rarely perfect, but small pieces of transparency do occur

totals
6 trades -43
commiss-30
total-73
i will , in the future, get more specific and detailed about my journal

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

bobarian View Post
3/23/11
ok, been out of my journal, last 2 days, because i had no trades.after mikes webinar, ive been doin some hard thinking.in the last few months, had so many changes, it was silly.the only good thing, is they all got simpler, as i got rid of most of the indicators.
right now, i use a 4rng entry chart , and a 5 min for trend, 60 min just for pivots
the key on the 4rng, is , i have a 3ma , 14 ma, 40 ma, and 200 ma.as much as ive wanted to take the 2oo ma off, ive watched it prove itself too many times.
i also have dynamic sr on 4rng, which gives me a channel to see.
simple method, is, watch every 3ma /14 ma cross.the 40 ma should be underneath for longs.when these 3 mas are alligned correctly, what i like to see, is, the 3ma cross the 14, pb, and then bust out of the sr channel.the 1st pullback after this, is usually goo to take.2nd is more risky.always try to be with 5min trend, if there is one.
i get up at 3 am to trade 6b and 6e.i also watch the cl.

trade 1) 6b, stopped out +1`, it had dropped pretty far, and the 5min was pretty extended.forgot about 5:30 news, got lucky
trade 2)6b didnt take..hesitated..cant do that, gotta take the setups trade
trade 3)cl continuation long, -7, was a pb, (pull back)
trade 4)cl long, was a 2nd pb after channel break, more risk-6
trade 5)broke out of channel, stopped +4 long on cl
trade6)1st pb after channel breakdown, stopped +4 on cl short
good things for today

no laptop on while trading..missed so many trades while head is turned
dialing in a specific method
focus getting better
no changes on charts for 2 weeksd...have a list allready '

things to work on
focus..keep working onit and improving
adhere to method, take all the signals without hesitation,
when in atrade , that is a breakout in a trend, focus on the pbs that could come, dont be so engulfed in the trade , that you miss opportunity
focus at all times on what market is giving me..its rarely perfect, but small pieces of transparency do occur

totals
6 trades -43
commiss-30
total-73
i will , in the future, get more specific and detailed about my journal

3/24/2011
ok, took a trade early, like 4 am on cl, +6
was a countertrend, price had shot up, and based , forming a channel, ..bounced off bot o channel, 3x, so i put a sell stop just below channel, got hit, lucky +2 fill, but i only barely came down , before it rversed..ill call that lucky, as i was out at +6

2nd trade
took a long on cl, my 3 mas were in order, price tried to bust out of channel, then retraced to rising 14 ma, so i put a buy stop at top of channel, order got hit, and hesitated, testing the rising 14 ma 2 more times, got filled at +6
the problem with this trade , is, i was so focussed on the trade working, didnt take a 2nd entry, which was much better.
good things today:
well, 2 winners in a row.i gotta look at that as a possitive, even tho the 1st trade was riskier, and i didnt enter on the better entry on the 2nd
laptop off, less distraction

bad things today:
well, they outnumber the good, by far...take a look at pic 2, these are the setups i want to focus on..pullbacks into the 14 ma, all 4 mas are alligned, in order.why didnt i take these???hmm, im trying to remember, oh, because i was looking at the 6b, and lost focus..bad answer, cl is hard enough to trade, never mind lookin at something else.off tomorrow, starting monday, at 8:30 eastern, only cl up for 2 hours.i will copy this image , and study, and make my screen saver.the crap of it is, as i was lookin back and forth, i missed a good 6b trade too...wrong answer..ive said all along, i wanted to improve my focus, well, this is why

also, been sim trading for 3 months, was in cash prior, but realized, needed more work..now that i have this journal, and im trying to be accountable, the old blood pressure goes up when im in a trade, and im only simmin, mind you

goals for monday
more of the same , wait for my setup, be patient, and focus focus focus, andf dont beat myself up, because progress is being made..baby steps

ok today, 2 trades
+6
+6
+$110after commission

wed -$73...........6 trades
thiur+$110........2 trades

week +$37

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	34804   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 05-11 (4 Range)  3_24_2011pic 3.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	34805  
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,174
Thanks Received: 101,539

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the webinar. Here is the recording in case you missed the announcement:

Webinar: An Afternoon with Big Mike

Thanks for the kind words.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Big Mike View Post
I moved your third post to this thread, please don't create new threads just post to this one when updating your journal.

Thx
Mike

i was off friday, needed to do some work on the house.the good thing about manual labor, for me, is it gives me a chance to wind down, relax, and regroup my thoughts.trading, i am realizing, has become an obsession.there are good things about it, and bad.i do have some distraction, thankfully, having 2 year old twins, but, to be honest, i seem to be constantly pulled out of the moment, only to think about trading.to be more specific, i am thinking about the method that i am working on, and the rules i need to observe.in the last few months, i had days where i thought , "man , im getting close", only to realize i needed to make changes.well, thankfully, i yanked just about everything off my charts, and went back to a 4 range chart for entries, which seems to work better.the webinar mike gave , is so full of insights, but for the struggling trader, i have one thought that came to me ,this weekend, while thinking to myself.heres the thing: if hard work alone were the key, alot more of us would be alot richer.the combination, needed to cross the line, is comprised of many factors.often, it is our weakest attribute, which could make the difference.when im asked by wife , hows it goin? i just say"still workin", and its obvious, that there is frustration, and for lack of a better word, i, like many others , am just weary, because its a grind, day in and out.if this was easy, everyone would do it.now , i dont want to sound like im complaining, because im grateful, that the market reprimands those who make mistakes, because the 5% that are profitable benefit from this.
to summarize these thoughts, i think that the key, is for me to be confident in my trading.that is a big statement, because i go off results, and allthough better, still not there.i believe, that in the last 2 weeks, i have pretty much finalized the guidelines for my method.this is good.now, i need to focus, and execute.in the last 2 months, i felt this way atleast 3 times, so i am cautious...nevertheless, even though i was mistaken those 3 times, i learned from it.this has been such an absurd lesson in patience, and also, staying positive and subjective , in the face of adversity.looking forward to monday

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Big Mike View Post
I moved your third post to this thread, please don't create new threads just post to this one when updating your journal.

Thx
Mike

3/28/2011
mondays , historically, havent been good for me..lookin to change that
the entries , that i am looking for now, seem to be much better.the funny thing, is i am basing these entries , on moving averages.perrys method, is what i started with, and i have altered some things to fit my method(mine includes a 200 ma for instance)i think , that i am the type of person who needs to be beat up, thru and thru, before i finally give in , and focus..the mind is a very tricky thing for me, and my focus , in the past, was not good enough..but, its not just that..ive always used mas.the problem, is i get distracted by the candles!if i focus on the mas, the crosses, pullbacks, etc, it all makes sense.ive got a week left, before i can make any changes on my charts, which is fine
today, i had alt of cancelled trades, the CL was rangy after the open, and i finished at 10:40 am eastern
trade1)a short.price had pulled back to the 14ma, so i put sell stop under that candle..filled, and my +5/+2 profit stop kicked in..no problem, bad fill break even...i never enjoy trading at lod/hod..had 4 lanes, gotta take

trade 2) 4 lanes here , lookin for entry.again, 3ma crossed 14ma, price pb to 14 ma, pu buy stop just above pb candle .ross hook plotted 1,2,3, that makes me feel good too

trade 3)4 lanes here.look at the 3ma and 14ma real close together, gring towards top of channel, which was prev resistance..placed bs just at top of channel..price was riding the 14 ma up, basically propelling the break +6

summary
3 trades.+12 ticks

good things
focus is improving
watching mas more, watching candles less
stayed out of trouble
executed well

things to work on
stilllneed to "be in the zone" with the mas, need to improve on that, so there are less missed trades

also, i quit trading 6b and 6e was getting up at 3 am..exhausting..but it served its purpose
the cl gives so many opportunities every day..plan to trade 2-3 hours of cl each am, and NOTHING else up on any screen
no internet
no laptop
no tv

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 05-11 (4 Range)  3_28_2011pic3.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	35180   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 05-11 (4 Range)  3_28_2011pic 2.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	35181   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 05-11 (4 Range)  3_28_2011pic1.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	35182  

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Big Mike View Post

Thx
Mike

tuesday3-29-2011

trade 1)countertrend, a grinder..40/14/3mas in order, 2oo far below..countertrend short, had room though..price pb to 14ma.. maybe my entry should have been just under red bar reject of 14 ma..nevertheless, went +4, stop out -9

trade 2) mistake trade, for a long , 14 ma needs to be above 14ma ..watchin candles, got smacked -7

missed trade?? when price is out in the open like this, i tend to tune out..hmmm easy to see in playback, momentum trade

trade3) ninja shut down on me, hit my profit target,twice, but didnt fill.. +1 scratch

trade 4) ninja weird malfunction i think, anyway,-8 for my effort..i guess there is a reason why i shut down at 10:30,

5 trades
2 break even
3 losses
-255 with commisions

good things...hmmmm focusing better and better everyday.today was a weird day, even my good entries didnt smile for me

bad things..get off computer at 10:30
dont try to make back losses as market slows down
definately missed some good ones, but missing less every day

made 1 stupid mistake

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 05-11 (4 Range)  3_29_2011pic1.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	35332   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 05-11 (4 Range)  3_29_2011pic2.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	35333   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 05-11 (4 Range)  3_29_2011pic3.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	35334   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 05-11 (4 Range)  3_29_2011pic4.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	35335  

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts