NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 143,907 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

bobarian View Post
2/10/2012
friday
2 trades, +$140 net
1 trade cl, took the pb AFTER the break, got filled , and a qwick 10 tick scalp.My risk was only 9 ticks, probably should have held it.The 6b trades are pb shorts at the descTL.Just closed out that 6b trade..-3 ticks.finish day at +$116...

Nice trade on the CL.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

madLyfe View Post
ive been watching some of your videos, mostly cuz i like to hear trades thought process, but have you ever thought about recording it live?

i did in the beginning, the videos were longer

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

bobarian View Post
i did in the beginning, the videos were longer

ah ok i haven't seen them all.. does your video capture app have any easy editing so you can just share your commentary?

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

madLyfe View Post
ah ok i haven't seen them all.. does your video capture app have any easy editing so you can just share your commentary?

yes, ican edit them, the reason i stopped, was because it was taking a long time to edit them.I chose to spend the time todo a quick recap, and then get back to work .For a while, ive been putting in more hours.there has been alot of review, and studying the charts so i can see these setups in real time, not just recap.To do this , there is market replay, and the still shots.Maybe in the future, i will do the real time video..Thanks

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

ive been doing some work on the longer time loc charts(line on close) to try to get a heads up on what ares to be aware of.I start with the 60 min 24 hour ch, and also use a 60 min cash hours ch, to see if anything jumps out.The cl is a beast.Theres no other way for me to put it,imo.Does that mean you have to be a great trader to day trade it?im not sure.The volatility can be very large, which can be good and bad, depending on how you trade i guess.Anyway, to illustrate my point, i will put up a 60 min of the cl, and the 6b.Both are 24 hours.I will continue to watch both, but the question is simple.If you trade 1 contract of the cl, you could do 2-3 on the 6b.If you are trading 2 cl, 5-6 on the 6b.3 contracts on cl, would be 6-9 on the 6b.Now, im not gonna say they trade the same, or even similar....Just look at the charts...and tell me, which one behaves better?and does it matter?let me know

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

bobarian View Post
ive been doing some work on the longer time loc charts(line on close) to try to get a heads up on what ares to be aware of.I start with the 60 min 24 hour ch, and also use a 60 min cash hours ch, to see if anything jumps out.The cl is a beast.Theres no other way for me to put it,imo.Does that mean you have to be a great trader to day trade it?im not sure.The volatility can be very large, which can be good and bad, depending on how you trade i guess.Anyway, to illustrate my point, i will put up a 60 min of the cl, and the 6b.Both are 24 hours.I will continue to watch both, but the question is simple.If you trade 1 contract of the cl, you could do 2-3 on the 6b.If you are trading 2 cl, 5-6 on the 6b.3 contracts on cl, would be 6-9 on the 6b.Now, im not gonna say they trade the same, or even similar....Just look at the charts...and tell me, which one behaves better?and does it matter?let me know

I wouldn't make too many assumptions from this (besides that GBP tends to be more 'technical'). Things I have noticed after having spent many hours looking through old forex charts.

What was correlated, will become detached for several months or even years to no longer be correlated etc..

Also, I think a better correlation I would think would be the AUD/NZD/CAD (commodity countries) to CL. The market is a little unusual right now in that it seems to all be moving the same way. The only thing diverging has been gold and Euro from what I have seen. Everything else pretty much almost in unison to a degree and that will surely change it is just a matter of when.

CL is a slippery beast, but boy does it move... FDAX is the only other thing to me that moves or trends so well, oh and GOLD/Silver... but are a bit expensive to trade comparatively....

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

2/13/21012
monday
1 trade cl
-7 net
price shot up to a monthly res, on cl, but i had switched 60min to a 10, and wasnt aware of the level.Missed that one(where have i heard that before?)Took a long, thinking we would test the hod , or get close, we had some room..trade went 8, and turned around...i got a good entry , so no big deal.In retrospect, if i had been drawing my trendlines, like a good boy, i would have caught a nice short.The candles that preceded my long entry, the bottoms were still making LLs.I seem to lose focus once i get into a trade, and am working on that.I think drawing the TLs will help with that.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 2 13 2012.mp4

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

i thought i heard you say that if you wernt sure if you should draw your trend lines off of the bodies or off of the wicks.. i do know that you can use either, but dont use both.. use one or the other and be consistent with it.. personally i always draw from the wicks..

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

madLyfe View Post
i thought i heard you say that if you wernt sure if you should draw your trend lines off of the bodies or off of the wicks.. i do know that you can use either, but dont use both.. use one or the other and be consistent with it.. personally i always draw from the wicks..

thats probably what ill do..i think both tell a story...the close is very important, but its all relative.I have been using the wicks for some time...

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

madLyfe View Post

I know, such a tricky thing isn't it. I can never decide...

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts